[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I learn spacemacs, /g/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1491764096831.jpg (37KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
1491764096831.jpg
37KB, 278x278px
How the fuck do I learn spacemacs, /g/ ?
>>
I'd like to know this as well. Fully proficient in Vim, been using it for almost ten years daily for work. Haven't made the switch to neovim yet. I'd like to use org-mode and a few other capabilities vim lacks.

Switching to Emacs fully first and then gradually starting to with evil and spacemacs is probably the best way. However, I am currently at a point where I can't afford the productivity break due to switching to emacs. I also lack the patience and time to do it in my free time.

What is the second best solution? The tutorial is short and didn't help much.
>>
>>59916928
you have to learn regular emacs first before you can learn spacemacs until someone writes a bunch of spacemacs documentation
>>
>>59917061
The tutorial teaches you all you really need to know about emacs if you're using evil or spacemacs since most vim stuff just works.
>>
>>59917075
I tried to do the emacs tutorial, but the key combinations it's giving do not work. I suspect that's because they were overridden by spacemacs.
>>
>>59916928
> installl ubuntu gnome
> crtl + alt t
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo reboot 0
>le log in
> ctrl + alt t
> emacs --daemon && emacsclient -t
> ctrl + h t
>le finish le tutorial
>m-x ansi-term
>vimtutor
>congradulations you can use spacemacs
>>
>>59917116
What about the plug in architecture? Does evil/spacemacs fully support auctex/ess/org-mode and mappings out of the box? Or do you have to re bind all emacs keybinds yourself. I'd really like to use spacemacs, it's just that the details sound ugly.
>>
File: Sprite-0001.png (812B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Sprite-0001.png
812B, 100x100px
>>59916928
You hit space-space and type in whatever it is you want. If a keyboard shortcut is associated with that command, then memorize the keyboard shortcut.
>>
>>59916928
You learn it like anything else, by using it
>>
How do I go to normal mode after editing a file? The documentation says to press ESC, but instead it opens some menu at the bottom.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.