[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is the worthy successor? Why is Facebook the only game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: mstom_400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mstom_400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
Where is the worthy successor? Why is Facebook the only game in town? What happened to internet friends?
>>
communism
>>
>>59913452

One does not use facebook.

Facebook does not have users. It has useds.
>>
>tfw MySpace was the last ever social media site I used.
>>
Why? Because for a social network popularity is everything. Ya aren't gonna to to a dozen different sites to talk to people. You'll go where everyone else is congregating. So, there usually is only one "in" social network until people get bored or popular people migrate to another site.

And to stay relevant other social networks either had to be forced like Google+ or integrated into everything else.

But that's just the flaw of social networks. It survives and depends on popularity alone and they aren't really all that different from each other to compete directly.

But apparently MySpace is still around. No idea who uses it and I never hear anyone mention it, but someone must be using it since they didn't pull the plug as far as I know.
>>
>>59913452
>What happened to internet friends
they're still around, you just don't make or find them on social networks
>>
>>59913473
I'd just like to interject for a moment.
>>
>>59913519
Google+ could just be an internet community like 4chan, it's created by engineers anyway
>>
File: 1401552967748.jpg (248KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1401552967748.jpg
248KB, 800x1204px
>>59913473
Myspace was/is great. The creators didn't insult you, you had your privacy settings and you could design your page however the fuck you wanted. Now we're stuck with this NSAbook and friends call me a conspiratard for not wanting to be on it

I honestly hope myspace makes a comeback someday. Honest to god. But with a good billion of people using facebook everyday that seems unlikely.
>>
>>59913519
>So, there usually is only one "in" social network until people get bored or popular people migrate to another site.
usually people go to different platforms because some celebrity is shown using it, it's how iphones even became relevant
justin timberlake bought myspace recently and it's pretty much just a spotify clone at this point
>>
>>59913452
>What happened to internet
It exists
What happened to Web? It's ded because of internet
>>
>>59915885
>so autistic he's mentally blocked the word "friends"
>>
>>59913452
None social media will die out normalfags are already deleting their facebook accounts
>>
>>59915805
>look up MySpace wikipedia
>founded only 13 years ago
>was still the number one social media platform as recently as 2009
>Facebook's reign of terror has only been eight years

So Facebook is eventually going to die, right? We act like it's just been there forever but it's only been since 2010 or so that it really took off.
>>
>>59915928
It's only been 7 YEARS

Realize that it's a significant chunk of your life and that company is made of billions of dollars.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.