[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Java, javaee, spring, hibernate, maven questions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: java-spring-tutorials.png (36KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
java-spring-tutorials.png
36KB, 640x400px
What are these and what purpose do each of these serve?
I'm a beginner still learning and I honestly don't know what are these or what are each of these used for, yet I see them as requirement on lots of job offers out there.

Could anyone tell me the magic word that categorizes them and put a practical example on which is shown what are they used for? I know java is a programming language, but I fail to see where is it used on web dev. as I only see html, css, js, php, sql and a server like apache being used there.
Thanks.
>>
>>59913362
Hibernate is an ORM layer.

Java EE is a monstrosity that is everything all at once: it's like a specification for anything you could think of for a web application (database layer, ORM, authentication, parsing, web server, middleware, etc.) so that in theory, you can exchange underlying software with one another as long as they are Java EE compliant.

Maven is Java's npm.

Spring is supposed to be a less retarded, much slimmer version of Java EE.
>>
>>59913407
Wow that was very informative.

Now I finally have the right terms to google and understand it, I didn't even knew what ORM was.

Man it's so much easier when somebody who already knows tells you than trying to google from zero.

Thanks a lot man.
>>
>>59913497
Not the same person, but I want to give you additionnal informations.

Between Hibernate and Java, a lot of people use JPA, which is a persistence interface. It allow you to change your ORM more easily.

Spring is a huge framework that makes using Java a lot less retarded. In modern usage, pretty much all configurations are annotations driven. The core function of spring is dependency injections, which mean that it manage the lifetime and dependencies between objects.

Spring includes modules for web, security, data sources, transactions and messaging queues among others.

Intellij makes using all these modules a lot easier. Heck, it can make your classes from your SQL schema with the right hibernate annotations.
>>
>>59914191
Thank you too anon, that information is really helpful.
From what I'm seeing, learning the java language is just a little? part of the whole thing.
Thankfully since you guys helped me I'm starting to see how it's used in real life.

By the way now that you mention IDEs... do you know any other programs that are used on the professional environment that I should learn? I'm using eclipse as IDE though maybe I should start using Intellij idea community version if it has advantages or is more prevalent?
I've also learnt the basics of git, and know at least how to do some basic things with vim. Anything else important that I'm missing that I should add to the list?

I'll be monitoring the thread until it dies. Thanks a lot for your responses.
>>
>>59914191
JPA isn't something you can "use". It's just a specification for which Hibernate is a popular implementation. That stuff about Intellij is stupid. Spring annotations aren't exclusive to Intellij.
>>
>>59913362
Java: programming language
Maven: dependency + building system
All the other things will turn you gay if you use them.
>>
>>59914582
Use IntelliJ. If you are a student you can get it for free for """personal""" use. (There is a community edition which has like 90% of the functionality java wise)
>>
>>59914975
ty
>>59914989
well I didn't know that, and downloaded the community one, will look into it thanks
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.