[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple is making touchscreen PCs acceptable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Touchinput.jpg (244KB, 2190x702px) Image search: [Google]
Touchinput.jpg
244KB, 2190x702px
Bare with me /g/ but I have noticed that the touchscreen hate in PCs has been gradually dissipating. Then I realized that Apple's release of the TouchBar Macbooks were the reason for this. Many people are mocking the Touchbar calling it a half-assed attempt at a touchscreen Mac, thus causing touchscreen laptops to be more appealing. Just when it seemed Microsoft finally stopped pushing touchmeme with Windows 10, Apple might finally bring us back to the nightmarish days of Windows 8. How do we stop the touchmeme from spreading /g/? Everyday I'm seeing more and more posts of PCs with touchscreen on them. Why must Apple ruin everything.
>>
>>59912898
no. fuck you. nobody likes touchscreen laptops. in every retailer they still have hundreds of skylake touchscreen laptops they can't sell because nobody wants them.
>>
>>59912942
lol this

I'd rather use a $1 chinkshit usb mouse than my finger on a smudged up touchscreen any day of the week
>>
Touch screen only makes sense for drawing/writing or simple shit like ipad/phones.

Surface pro 4 does a good job of touch screen (when over 1080p scaling on a program isnt an issue)
>>
>>59912898
As long the laptop is "convertible", i don't mind the touchscreen.
>>
>>59912960
I disable the touch screen on my Surface and only enable pen input. Drawing is so fucking good on this thing.
>>
>>59912898
Yeah fuck off buddy. Touch screens are still pieces of crap and I shouldn't have to pay extra for a feature I don't want. Their one use is for toddlers who don't have the motor skills to use a keyboard/mouse setup.
>>
>>59912970
Please don't, you're contributing to the problem. Convertibles have absolutely no use and gives lackluster user experience. There should be clear boundaries between phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop. They should never be allowed to mix.
>>
OP is full of shit. If people wanted to finger paint their screens with body oils, we wouldn't have normal screens anymore. Stop acting like Apple has any real influence on tech.
>>
>>59913017
But Apple does have influence, they popularized fingerprint sensors and now Android OEMs are beginning to drop headphone jacks.
>>
>>59912898
>laptop w/o touch for 350.
>laptop with touch for 399
>normie buys touch laptop and never uses that function more than once a month
>laptop Manu makes 40 bucks more than they would have x100k laptops sold

This is why touch meme will never end. Normies drive markets and every normie in my family paid more for touch and never uses it.
>>
>>59913042
Yeah, look how many people buy devices because of those things. That's some major influence right there.
>>
>>59912998
Haven't tried drawing, just one note, what do you use to draw? You get the creators update?
>>
>>59913053
There will be a bit of a fork, I think over time, budget things wont have touch, competing to be as cheap as possible, then only higher end items will have touch, and good quality touch.
>>
File: wacom_mobilestudio_pro.jpg (160KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
wacom_mobilestudio_pro.jpg
160KB, 1200x675px
Do people really want touch on their laptops?
Or do they want actually pen computing?
>>
>>59913109
Yeah, I installed the Creators update when the tool came out, it fixed the throttling issue and Wifi dropouts on my Surface 3 (Atom).
I use Clip Studio Paint, it's rock solid and it runs real fast, I used up to 4000x3000 canvases with 15-30 layers with no lag. It's only slow when it saves.
>>
>>59913124
You kinda always need both, but I think its good quality writing that really makes it worth it. Touch without that is a waste on any kind of work pc
>>
>>59913124
Right now it's in a blurry zone. If people wanted actual pen input then more laptops would support precision styluses, but most touchscreen laptops today have to resort to those shitty capacitive styluses. Oems are still trying to figure out what the market wants, so hopefully the normies don't win out with their touchmemes.
>>
>>59913042
>and now Android OEMs are beginning to drop headphone jacks
>now
Android phones were doing that shit before Apple. People thinks it's a newer thing just because of the headphone jack news with the iPhone
>>
>>59913168
Capacitive is shite, only works for trivial shit like ipad
>>
>>59913518
If dropping the jack means a detachable easily user replaceable battery instead then I can see it being worth it. But for a couple mm more thinness, hell no.
>>
Im debating getting a Thinkpad Yoga.
>>
Dropping the headphone jack will be better in the long term. It just sucks in the short term. Apple can't say that because it would mean admitting they made a product worse at launch intentionally. It's a bullet that had to be bitten at some point but no one was wanting to do it.

In 3 years it will be more relevant than any android phone released in the same timeframe.
>>
my laptop has a touchscreen
every time some bitch points at my screen so close they poke it the computer clicks on whatever they pointed at.

pisses me off so fucking much I'm going to disable this shit because of this thread and those bitches
>>
>>59913811
That may be true but anyone with a brain will just get an iphone 6, wait until such a future where having no headphone jack sucks, then upgrade.
>>
>>59913894
>bitches hands near screen not dick
Tisk tisk
>>
File: 1490280313950.png (50KB, 675x547px) Image search: [Google]
1490280313950.png
50KB, 675x547px
>it's a laptop with a touchscreen and a shit hinge
The touchscreen experience on a laptop is do incredibly dependent on the hinge quality it amazes me how every touchscreen laptop has such bad build quality.
>>
Since I was 5 I've wanted touch screen computers with pens. Microsoft is going in the right direction, and besides a lot of Linux desktop environments support touch and in some ways make better use of it than windows 10. I'm honestly excited to see how this evolves. Full disclosure I like to animate and draw so I generally favor pen/touch enabled devices.
>>
>>59913758
It's a fine laptop. I have one and even bought the stylus for it. I don't really use the touchscreen though.
>>
>the "it's apples fault" meme

its everyones fault. 2016/2017 is the year of awful computers, laptops especially. getting the last iMac model with a disc drive and falling for the x220 meme was the best shit i did tech wise.

whats even a good modern computer? an XPS?
>>
File: 1490508676154.png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
1490508676154.png
574KB, 605x558px
>>59915878
There are no good "modern" computers. T420, X220, and 2011/2012 MBPs still remain the best computers for their value that you can actually upgrade.
>>
File: spongebeb.png (62KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
spongebeb.png
62KB, 288x162px
>>59915914
damn. i guess it is back to hunting and fishing for me...
>>
>>59912942
High school teachers love it for some ungodly reason. P.S. Mods I graduated 2 years ago so please no ban.
>>
My thinkpad yoga 12 is amazing
Touchpad + trackpoint is GOATYEAOLMAOYOLO
>>
File: niggersaki.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
niggersaki.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>59915914
2012 mbp masterrace
>>
>>59916237
>macshit
>>
>>59916237
>i%3 === 0 && i%5 === 0
>not 1%15 === 0
disgusting
>>
>>59916253
>thinklet btfo
>>
>>59916288
>Hiding the reasoning.
>>
>>59916288
too bad fuk ur whiteboard pajeet
>>
>>59916300
>Being so retarded you can't understand basic modulo arithmetic
Let me guess: You stopped at calc1 because that's all they made you take and "CS doesn't need math"?
>>
>>59916325
If you're going to write shit code, at least allow yourself to ctrl-f so you can swap out things when you have to.
>>
>>59916362
This may be the most retarded thing I've read all year
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.