[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iPad mini LCD problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: CAM03867.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
CAM03867.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Hey /g/

The other day I cracked the screen to my iPad mini 1st gen. I tried to replace the digitizer myself and when I finally finished and booted up my iPad, the lcd had lines all over and it looked horrible. The display does not update immediately together, there is a section on the left that updates right away, and the section on the right updates slowly and lags behind, sometimes freezing and then popping into place.

I'm not sure if the lcd is straight up broken because there are no dead pixels and they all update eventually.

Here is a video on youtube of what it is doing.
watch?v=29p4DSIOr3s

Here are some pictures as well on imgur.
imgur com /a/svnN0

I can buy a new lcd and replace it no problem, but I don't know if that is even the problem.

I suspect that I accidentally connected the lcd incorrectly when I plugged it back in, or that it may have gotten some debris in it when I had it unplugged.

Do any of you have any experience replacing lcds or working on/diagnosing them?

Also, general mobile device repair thread.
>>
hello sir thank u for calling /g/ - tech support. have u tried turning it off and back on plis sir do the needful
>>
>>59911256
Just install gentoo
>>
>>59911256
lol you got chinked on the LCD
>>
>>59911328
What is that even supposed to mean?

If you're trying to say I got a faulty Chinese product and that is the problem, it's not. I lifted the screen back up after I noticed the problem, and it's actually on the LCD.
>>
>>59911544
it means not your personal support go kill yourself billy bob
>>
>>59911544
H.M doesn't actually know anything, he came here from reddit.com/r/gaming after seeing some epic screencaps and just parrots memes
>>
>>59911256
Repairing electronic devices is a bit like darning socks.
If you know what you are doing it's a fairly simple task. If not you can do more harm than good.
These days it's seldom necessary to do either.
>>
File: 1483134735967.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1483134735967.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>59911256
>>
File: i dont know what i expected.jpg (171KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
i dont know what i expected.jpg
171KB, 500x288px
>>59911268
>>59911307
>>59911328
>>59911544
>>59911820
>>59911835
>>59911982
>>59912121

Thanks /g/uys.
I knew I could count on you.
>>
>>59911835
???
I always found reddit confusing to browse desu, no uniform design for subreddits. Anyways, what I meant was that he got a shitty LCD
>>
>>59911256
k first thing you need to do is hard reset it by holding down the home and power button for like 10 seconds until it reboots. Its not gonna format it or anything, but it restarts more system components than a regular restart does.

Whats bugging me is how shit the picture is now. I know its a 1st gen ipad mini but still...

You sure you got the right lcd? idk if 2nd gen is compatible with 1st gen but it might cause an issue (i know that 3rd and 4th arent though). It might also be ESD, which means the mobo is fuq'd.
>>
>>59915523
I didn't actually replace the lcd on this one. I just replaced the digitizer.

After I finished noticed that it looked like crap, I pulled up the digitizer a little bit and looked inside and saw that the lcd directly and it was still doing this.

I am going to open it back up and check the connections and do another test to see if that helps.
>>
>>59911256
Should of bought the samsung galaxy tab 3 runs amazing after 4 years no lag no probs for me
Sucks to be you mate
>>
>>59916188
Just fixed it actually. I didn't seat the cables correctly when I put it back together. Works fine now.

I like android phones, but not android tablets. And I only bought this to play games, read mangos and watch animus.
Works perfectly for my purposes.

Also I'll never own a Mac.
>>
>>59912392
that's the problem
you didn't know shit, /g/ is not tech support
Now fuck off
>>
>>59912392

well at least you didnt support evil apple that would give you back an ipad with a brand new body, battery and screen!

repairing with sub par stuff from china is always better even if it doesnt work!

#rightToRepair
>>
>>59916818
You fuck off you literal piece of human scum.
>>
>>59911256
>Tech illiterate Applel fag comes to /g/ for help

Holy shit this better be bait.

But if serious, get your faggy Apple shit out of here, this board is for real technology only
>>
>>59919297
For an easy price of 500 bucks. Right.
>>
>>59911256
Fuck off
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.