[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just put up for sale my MSI R7 370 4GB as I'm upgrading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1489896425792.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1489896425792.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
So I just put up for sale my MSI R7 370 4GB as I'm upgrading. I advertised it on gumtree (UK craiglist type thing) for £100. To me that's way overpriced, but for some reason it seems to be selling.

I just got a response from someone. He's asking if I would consider swapping it with the following:

>Intel i5 - 4460
>A motherboard which he didn't specify
>8 GB of corsair xms ram

Am I right in thinking this is fucking ridiculous? It has to be a scam right? Surely this isn't some dumb fuck or a mother who doesn't have a clue about how shitty a trade this is. I mean even the CPU is like twice the value of the card.
>>
>>59909708
And what are you going to do with those parts exactly? I personally find hard to believe anyone would buy that haswell bundle for that much more nowadays. Unless you had plans for a secondary PC/Living room PC I wouldn't go for it even if it is more favorable for you and not a scam.
>>
I've only responded to confirm he wants to trade all of this with the card. I don't want to call him out as a scammer on the tiny chance that this is legit.

He has just confirmed it is for the card. What the fuck. We'd have to meet up obviously to trade the stuff, should I take the chance? I live in a rural area in Scotland so I don't expect to be mugged by a bunch of junkies or whatever. Even then though, if he's legit. I'd feeling kind of shitty taking advantage of this without letting him know he's a mong. I'm 100% goyim like that.
>>
You need some relatively specific knowledge of computer components to know the value of these things. Remember the cap of the guy who spent $2100 for a gaming pc with geeksquad that had "12GB of ram power" and like a GTX540 or something?

Now do be vigilant, don't go first if a simultaneous trade isn't possible, but don't attribute to malice that which can be caused by stupidity.
>>
>>59909781
how about you give him your card for free instead?
>>
>>59909771

Yeah the only use I'd have would be to re-sell it and make a profit.

>I personally find hard to believe anyone would buy that haswell bundle for that much more nowadays

The price for the CPU alone is around £170 on ebay and amazon, and yes people are buying them. Even then, they're still going for around £100 used on ebay. I'm sure the compatible motherboard would return a decent chunk of change. And even the RAM is going for £50 as 1x8 and £60 as 2x4GB.

If I really wanted to get autistic I could finish off this off and sell it as a pre-built budget PC.
>>
>>59909781
Don't get raped/murdered (although offering advantageous deals on mid-range used PC components seems like an unusual way to lure victims)

But, as >>59909771 says, not everybody hoards good parts and has a use for them. While I'd still go for it, and use them for an HTPC/home server/backup machine/any number of other cool things, that guy might not have any such uses for it, so to him the parts would be worth exactly as much as what he can sell them for.

So I don't see a reason not to go ahead with the deal - everybody wins.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170415-173404.png (227KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170415-173404.png
227KB, 720x1280px
>100 euros for a used R7 370
fuck you
>>
>>59910002

100 Pounds Sterling mate. That's $125. :)
>>
File: kh.jpg (31KB, 599x960px) Image search: [Google]
kh.jpg
31KB, 599x960px
Alright so one last post before I go ahead with this.

I asked him why he wants to trade all this. Asked if he's upgrading to his whole PC including CPU.

He responded with:

"Yes m8 got i7 processor shop built it and gave me board back."

So this guy is going for an i7 CPU with an R7 370 GPU.
Have I really just come across a legit dumbfuck, gullible normie? Like I said, I'm not Jewish. It's funny to laugh at these people online when you see how much money they waste buying PC's and components. When you're the one making the profit, and especially meeting with them IRL, I dunno its slimy as fuck. I feel like I should be telling this guy he's getting ripped off and giving him some advice.
>>
>>59910843
Go ahead with the deal, then give him some advice, then charge him for the advice

The get circumcised and buy a yarmulka.
>>
>>59910843
Rip him off. Maybe he'll learn later what a dumb trade it was, maybe he won't. Who cares?
>>
>>59909708
Nice blog m8, subscribed.

Have you pondered that the board and or cpu might be toast? I'd do the trade and sell the cpu and ram on ebay though fuckwit.
>>
>>59909708
He is probably going to rob and kill you.

RIP OP.
>>
typical scam, the items he wants to send you are broken, and after you realise this he'll state that they must have been damaged in the mail, or broken by you
>>
>>59910843
Sounds like an actual retard, especially about the part where he says the "shop built it"

Either than or he's a clever scammer who knows exactly how to sound like a normie
>>
>>59910878
>>
>>59910843
I have an r9 270 in my computer with my 4970k, but I also have a GTX 970. I pass the 270 through to my windows VM, and the 970 is used in my host Debian GNU/Linux install.

If he is planning on doing mainly CPU intensive things that wouldn't be a bad setup, but if the main purpose for the computer is gaming then he should probably allocate more to the GPU. The 270/370 play games pretty well at 1080p.
>>
>>59910002
Hi Jefrey :)
How's the weather in Riverdale right now? :)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.