[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workspaces vs Monitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1491529347022.gif (395KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491529347022.gif
395KB, 540x540px
If you can have only workspaces or monitors, which one would you prefer? Only rule is that you can have only one extra monitor.
>>
>>59909527
What?
>>
what do you mean by "extra"? do you just mean "you can only have 2 monitors"?

i would prefer monitors. i like being able to glance at something in the span of a half second for just a few seconds, and no innovations in keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures have made switching workspaces as fast as glancing at another thing nearby.
>>
>>59909583
Extra as in one other one in addition to your main monitor so two in total. For laptops, that means the built in display and a monitor.

>>59909552
Virtual desktops or physical monitors
>>
>>59909527
>If you can have only workspaces or monitors, which one would you prefer?
monitors obviously, how are you going to work with workspaces when you don't even have one monitor?

>you can have one monitor
obviously workspaces
>>
>>59909828
>monitors obviously, how are you going to work with workspaces when you don't even have one monitor?
i don't understand. did you interpret each line of the OP's as independent from one another? were you just replying in a stream of consciousness?

why would you bother to reply with such stupid comments? don't you worry that it derails any attention from your later comments, or otherwise undercuts anyone's perception of your credibility?
>>
>>59909856
how you gonna use your computer w/o a monitor tho
>>
>>59909873
that wasn't part of the OP's question. if you read his post holistically before replying it's not even clear how you could come to the conclusion that anyone wanted your input on that thought. at best, it's tangential to the thread.

are you going to blurt out your opinion about steamed vegetables next? isn't this a symptom of autism?
>>
>>59909900
>that wasn't part of the OP's question

>If you can have only workspaces or monitors
>only workspaces or monitors
>choose between workspaces or monitors
are you retarded?
>>
>>59909935
>if you read his post holistically before replying it's not even clear how you could come to the conclusion
i don't know how many times i'll need to repeat this. should i start keeping count?
>>
Obviously monitors is a lot better. You can have all your work at a glance.

I have worked with 6 monitors and it's heaven.
>>
>>59909935
>Only rule is that you can have only one extra monitor.
The OP was abundantly clear. This isn't even pedantry. This is just you being an obnoxious shit.
>>
>>59909957
how about you learn how to properly form a sentence? you asked if people would rather have monitors or workspaces, the correct way to phrase your question would've been "would you rather have workspaces or an extra monitor?"
that way you wouldn't have to put your retarded one extra monitor rule into your post at all.
>>
>>59909986
i'm not the OP. i'm just not retarded, so i wanted to get a better insight into the mind of a retard.
>>
>>59910001
I'm also not the dude who made the first post about rather having monitors, I'm just not retarded.
>>
>>59910018
how could you possible defend him? what makes you think that the guy arguing for having 1 monitor rather than 0 is making a point that needed to be made? it's a vacuous point, and not a choice the OP was asking you to make in the first place.
>>
>>59910018
Phew. Good thing you guys are here to remind us that you need a monitor to use a computer. I almost overlooked that fact.
>>
>>59909983
>>59910001
>>59910053
stop samefagging
>>
>>59910088
Want to try that again?
>>
If it was only one or the other then workspaces, hands down. Got my workspace setup super comfy, and losing that would affect my workflow way more. There's not much I use my second display for that I couldn't still achieve with tiling and extra workspaces. It'd sure fucking suck, though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.