[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the google pixel a meme regardless of the botnet stuff? in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: google-pixel-02.jpg (45KB, 660x578px) Image search: [Google]
google-pixel-02.jpg
45KB, 660x578px
is the google pixel a meme regardless of the botnet stuff?
in other works is this phone actually good, /g/?
>>
Basically your best choice if you want an Android that is as premium and (nearly as) optimized as iOS. Not without flaws, but Google says they are going to fix them with software. It's up to you whether you trust them. Also hard to get your hands on one as they are constantly out of stock.
>>
Google devices were worth something when they were cheap as dirt, now at that price point into the trash it goes.
>>
>>59908471
Just look at their history:
Nexus 6P: Battery issues
Nexus 5X: Bootlooping
Nexus 6: AMOLED burn-in
Nexus 5: Shit battery life
>>
>>59910188
I hate OLED so fucking much, it's such a stupid buzzwordy tech, just like plasma, only I hope it dies off quicker. Why would I want a phone with a screen that is gaurenteed to kill itself by nature of it's design
>>
>>59908471
>nearly as optimized as iOS
>latest 7.1.2 update breaks the fingerprint sensor for a shit ton of people

Mmmkay
>>
>>59910387
Oled looks amazing
>>
>>59910387
It's too bad OLED is so unreliable/has a worse lifespan, because the colour contrast and quality of blacks is objectively better. I've loved OLED ever since my old Motorola Droid razr, but getting one that doesn't shit itself is a game of chance.
>>
>>59910387
>>59910470
I've been using a gs3 with an OLED for yeeeeaaaaaaars and it's still perfect
Only retards and ifags settle for LCD
>>
>>59910188
have a N5 and can confirm

Google's devices are basically the only iPhone competitor tho, since they are the only ones I can trust not to add crap over the already bloated OS and delay updates
>>
>>59910584
Can you remove the google botnet shit that's preinstalled and unremovable on every fucking android phone ever?

No google, I don't need your dedicated gmail app and voice talking bullshit taking up valuable space.
>>
>>59910970
install copperhead os
>>
>>59910970
On the pixel, there is limited bloatware and all are easily removable. It's a huge relief after I upgraded from the galaxy.
>>
>>59908197
it's a mediocre phone that spies on you. none of the "killer" google shit is particularly good.

I'm trying to find a reason to justify spending some time maintaining a pixel build for lineage.
>>
>>59908197
It's absolutely mediocre and not worth that absurd price tag.
>>
>>59908197
They sometimes seem to have software issues but generally it's an amazing phone. recently fixed a BT issue where it turned off randomly. Battery live is amazing, screen looks amazing, it looks kinda wack, but I have a case etc, etc. photo and video is top notch. I don't think even the S8 is any better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOM4rvivxE

OK GOOGLE
>>
>>59911660
>That spot of dirt on the lenz

CLEAN YOUR SHIT
>>
>>59910525
I love piss yellow screens with my notification bar burned in
>>
>>59908197
>Bigger top and bottom bezels than an iPhone or HTC phone
>Doesn't even have a physical button or stereo front firing speakers
At least it's not too expensive, oh wait
>>
I like mine, it's pretty good. I think it's a pretty ugly phone, but I really can't complain about anything else. It feels high quality and works great. I haven't had any issues yet in like a month or so of having it.
>>
>>59910446
You're right, they still have some catching up
http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/13/12904582/apple-ios-10-iphone-update-fail
>>
>>59912443
You know this has only been an actual noticeable problem on nexus phones, right?

Modern Galaxy and Note phones don't have ghosting, yellowing, or burn-in problems.
>>
>>59912465
>>Bigger top and bottom bezels than an iPhone or HTC phone
>Google Pixel (~69.0% screen-to-body ratio)
>Apple iPhone (~65.6% screen-to-body ratio)
>>
>>59910387
>OLED does off
>Meanwhile even fucking apple is rumored to switch to oleds in the near future
Sorry anon
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.