[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become like Elon Musk. But I have Arts major(Wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

File: elonmuskIronman.jpg (2MB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
elonmuskIronman.jpg
2MB, 3500x2333px
I want to become like Elon Musk. But I have Arts major(Wasn't my choice).
I never programmed in my life.
What is the best bet I can make now?
>>
>>59901259

What sort of Arts? Most should involve programming, since software is such a major part of many works today.
>>
>>59901282
Sociology .
We had statistics classes but it didn't involve programming like C/C++/Java just excel.
>>
Read a lot, study everything you want to know about and be a businessman because that's what he is.

To get rich, with inventions, you have to provide a solution for a need. Can be the most retarded shit as long as it's relevant. Then, once you're rich invest in tech and sciency stuff I guess
>>
>>59901259

how is this technology related
>>
>>59901389
Because I want to get into technology related.
>>
>>59901367
Can I copy starup ideas? Like uber and amazon?
>>
>>59901259
I can tell you right now that learning programming will get you nowhere near becoming that man.
>>
>>59901404
This should be in /biz/ though
>>
>>59901420
I'll suck your dick if you shut up
>>
>>59901411
Yes, at least an Uber-like idea. But not in transportation or food delivery, you wouldn't make it unless you add something unique
>>
>>59901404

Listen to me you stupid fuck. If you have to come to 4chan to get self validation you can start a company you will never do it. If you think that whatever you majored in is stopping you from starting a company, you will never do it. If you think Elon is an engineer or has coded anything in the last decade you are autistic. You're literally asking a mongolian basketweaving competition forum for advice on how to become a billionaire tech industry titan.

don't kys just kill me for having to actually witness someone as retarded as you, now go hit the bong and sit your ass back on the couch you fucking faggot
>>
>>59901415
What? He did earn his first buck by selling a program at the age of 12. I saw his docummentary.
>>
good thing that musk has never programmed in his life either!, you are on your way already!
>>
>>59901457
>If you think Elon is an engineer or has coded anything in the last decade you are autistic
I thought I was retard until this.
He is a programmer you cunt. He wrote codes for paypal and probably writes codes for spaceX and Telsa.
>>
>>59901457
Of all the retarded posts on the whole website, you've decided to unleash your autism on this one. I don't say the dude asked a legit question, but why even waste your time posting this unless you have a sad empty life?
>>
>>59901462
>>59901457
Source on he did not code?
As per my knowledge he started coding at 10.
>>
>>59901480
>probably writes codes for spaceX and Telsa.
Doubt he does that
>>
Study economics as a hobby, feel like a smarmy overly intelligent 21st centurion.
>>
>>59901457
>>59901462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wye6mK1OiJ4
>>
>>59901483
Fuck up before i kill you faggot.
>>
>>59901489
yeah, he did. I'm just fucking with ya buddy.
>>
I hate these faggots who post nonsensically and shit post every time.
>pic related.
He even completed 6 months Basic course in 3 days.
>>
>>59901489

i know the fucking faggot codes I'm saying he's Elon Musk because he's started and run successful companies, he didn't do it on his engineering talents it was business talents.
>>
self harm probably
>>
File: avatar.png (265KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
265KB, 500x500px
fund an app to solve a real problem in this world

like getting virgins like me laid
>>
>>59901498

cool video can you show me the one that says he wrote code for Paypal and SpaceX instead of "uhh i loved computers at 12 years old"

he's not an engineer, he probably didn't even write code for paypal
>>
>>59901259
How could it be not your choice? Did someone pointed a gun (literally) to your head and told you to become a Arts major.
>>
>>59901530
grindr exists anon
>>
>>59901534
He did wrote for x.com which then merge with Paypal.
>>
>>59901548
As if I was smart enough back then to not chose arts which my gf insisted on me to chose but instead see my future self regretting over losing gf and having no money for food with parents being divorced and assholes.
>>
>>59901389
>GEE IS MY SECRET GROUP ONLY FOR THINKPAD AND DESKROP RATE OR U BAKA
>>
>>59901534
>t.ignorant leddit
>>
>>59901443
Make LaborReady into an UBER like app, now that all the nogs have obama phones that shit would be a hit.
>>
>>59901259
The guy has incredible work ethics 100+ hours a week
>>
>>59901630
Damn.
24*7 = 168.
100/7 ~= 14-15 hours a day
How much did it take for anyone of you to complete a technical book of around 500-1000 pages?
>>
>>59901326
>Sociology .
in the trash it goes. you're starting at zero.
>>
>>59901630
when your hobby is your job that's fine.
>>
>>59901683
It still involves tons of menial labour
It's all about having a vision
If you have really clear and tangible picture of the future in your head bruteforcing your way through hoards of melnial labour seems almost effortless
>>
>>59901480
He definitely doesn't write code at SpaceX. We have very specific guidelines for who is qualified to do mission critical stuff.

He's fairly active in the propulsion dev group though from what I've seen.

t. SpaceX wageslave
>>
>>59901259
Just get fucking started already. Stop delaying.
>>
>>59901783
> Are u a programmer?
>>
>>59901823
No. I'm a brainlet technician. I've been here for a long time though and I'm relatively senior, for a tech, so I have a pretty good grasp of how things work here.
>>
>>59901630
That's what he wants ledditors to believe
>>
>>59901457
good post
>>
>>59901596
I will say this not because I want to attack you but because you need to understend this. If a gf convinced you to chose arts it is still your decision you did this in the end. I'm not saying it was a bad or good decision at the time (you have to evaluate this decision by yourself). Some people study and have a part time job (I know this is tought thing to do) if they need to.

Look all I'm saying is that it's OK to make bad decisions in your life but you need to understand that those are your decisions and learn from your mistakes. You can't blame other people for the bad thing in your life only becase it easier to admit to your self that it's your fault.

That out of the way think of a think your good at (and you like doing). Maybe you can use that to start your own business?
>>
Learn to code first then?
https://www.codecademy.com/
https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/wiki/faq
>>
>>59901836
Nah, the dude is here freaking all the time. And I put in some crazy hours myself.
>>
>>59901836
Well it's true that I heard that from a dude who visits reddit regularly
>>
>>59901834
Does he look like he work 100 hours a day?
Have you talked to him personally?
>>
>>59901512
Nice post but you should read more english books. Even fiction is OK but your posts will do better when it's impossible to tell you're not a non-native english speaker
>>
>>59901872
I feel like he's aged a lot in the last 2-3 years but overall I don't think he looks like a wreck at work or anything. The guy has crazy stamina.

Also, 100 hour weeks are stretching it, even here.

I've been here since we were under 200 employees so I've talked to him yes. He's relatively hands on with production/design, and was even more so early on.
>>
>>59901858
Thanks.
I learned I will never have gf anymore.
I learned watching TV about celebs and Trump is useless.
I learned if I follow someone like Elon Musk step by step then may be I can be like him.
From here it look likes a gaint mountain from himalayas to jupiter.The journey is long, tough, chilling, no friends, dark, no air just myself.
>>
>>59901910
well there are friends, just other hard working people
>>
>>59901861
>time spent at workplace >> time spent working
Stallmann slept at MIT
>>
>>59901259
kys
>>
>>59901926
He goes home to his big ass mansion in bel air to sleep. We haven't had a company sleepover since our El Segundo days.
>>
>>59901461
that was then when I could sell some html snippets
>>
>>59901910
>I learned I will never have gf anymore.
I'm not sure are you using sarcasm or not. If not then your going from one extrem to a other. Gf/Wife/Friends(real ones not facebook style) can support you in things you do. At least if ther good gf/wife/friends they will do that. Cutting your self off from other people will just drive you in depresion.

>I learned watching TV about celebs and Trump is useless.
I agree here.
>>
>>59901461
And Kim Jung Il had the ability to alter the weather simply through the power of thought, or so I read in his autobiograhy.

Seriously why do people eat this fabricated PR bullshit?
>>
>>59901259
> come up with an idea that makes a fuckload of money.
> decide you want to make some wild shit.
> pay smart people to make it for you
> get all the credit.

Good luck with step 1. Should be easy from there.
>>
>>59901326
>excel
You poor little chap.

Excel is the worst abomination for programmers. You have to literally fight against it because it knows better and assumes shitload of stuff.

Sociology might help you in marketing, and creating a likeable persona like musk.

But you start with nothing if you want to learn programming.

Better go for it project management, learn basics of the industry.
>>
>>59902091
I'm not saying he doesn't enjoy the limelight but the dude really does work his ass off. And organizing a bunch of borderline autistic engineers is a lot harder than it sounds.
>>
>>59901259
>But I have Arts major(Wasn't my choice).

Did somebody point an AK in your face and told you to go to university and do arts major until you graduate?

If not, then it was your choice
>>
>>59901530
Better make an app for mutual an heros.
>>
>>59902149
Especially when autism clashes and is incompatible with each other.
>>
>>59901907
Have you ever seen him walking around asking people to make parts of the rocket more pointy?
>>
This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while.
>>
>>59902226
No. But he used to always bother me about my welds. It was fun times when his desk was 30 feet from the welding station. Now the engineers have their own space.
>>
>>59901596

>doing what your gf told you to do

how much of a beta cuck are you

incidentally, it's also why she left you
>>
>>59901326

I think you should try web applications programming. Javascript, CSS, Angular that kind of stuff. It has a lot to do with design, UX, it's artistic and adheres to guidelines based around sociology.

You won't be writing applications for rocket shuttles, but it's probably the subject you'd have the easiest time with, with regards to your background.
>>
>>59901662
>How much did it take for anyone of you to complete a technical book of around 500-1000 pages?

a year lol
>>
>>59901834
>I've been here for a long time though and I'm relatively senior

I bet you even have a senior infront of your job title you obedient good boy
>>
>>59902332
You bet I do. I had to succ a lot of dicc to get that title.
>>
How come there's a spacex fag posting in here and everyone is just shit posting instead of asking them questions?
>>
>>59902498

because we don't ancestor worship like stupid goyim
>>
>>59902498
Just some Musk obsessed ledditor who's lost it
>>
>>59902540
I'm insulted by the leddit claim. I do not participate on that site.
>>
>>59901259
I hope you've already got yourself a Thinkpad.

Now start with buying some cute programming socks and watching cute anime
>>
>>59901259
a cuckold that allows other people to make his life's decisions for him cannot become like Elon Musk
>>
>>59902659
This
>>
>>59901259
>help i accidentally an art major
>>
>>59902103
this. become a streamer and use your sociology skills to pickpocket your viewers
>>
>>59901512
>choses to live with father

this is the only meaningful thing in that list
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.