[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you grow and stopped playing video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: video-games.png (274KB, 1078x516px) Image search: [Google]
video-games.png
274KB, 1078x516px
I would say over the past two years. I've realize how much of a time sink is video games and how video gaming culture is full of retards and pseudo-intellectual fuckers. I rather put that time in my career, education and more intellectual hobbies like reading scholarly books or improving my technical skills. If I want to game, I could just play board games with my friends (when I have the time) and not anonymously with random 13-year-old dumbasses and their bullshit over who can out twitch each other and waifus.

The last straw for me is looking at my computer and realizing that those games are just wasting space on my hard drive that could be put better use. I thinking that when I am going to reformat my drive I wouldn't install any games there at all.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>59900981
>>>/v/
>>
>>59900981
>pseudo-intellectual fuckers
>I rather put that time in my career, education and more intellectual hobbies like reading scholarly books or improving my technical skills.
>>
There are two types of people in /g/ - those who play games, and those who lie about how they don't play games

And before you ready yourself to shower me with (You)'s, consider the fact that this would have to be the most retarded board in existence if all these threads about people buying high-end CPU's/GPU's were full of people only using them to epeen themselves onto benchmark lists or shitpost in /g/
>>
>>59901056
they use them for placebo anime scaling filters
>>
You have yet to also stop talking about video games you dumb child
>>
>>59901017
>>pseudo-intellectual fuckers
>>I rather put that time in my career, education and more intellectual hobbies like reading scholarly books or improving my technical skills.

talking about video games = pseudo-intellectual
reading about about real things, like pic related = intellectual
>>
>>59900981
Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit smear.
>>
>>59900981
>I could just play board games
dem too simple 4 me
>>
>>59900981
>I've realize how much of a time sink is video games and how video gaming culture is full of retards and pseudo-intellectual fuckers.
That's the first step. The next step is to realize that the same is true for posting on 4chan.
>>
>>59900981
Back when I was 18 I really really wanted to get into an engineering program at a good university. There was a night when I should have been studying but I was burnt out and played games instead. When I got the test back I cried a bit then uninstalled everything and snapped the CDs. I did end up getting into the program I wanted. Now doing personal programming and electronics projects fills up time I would have spent gaming. It's a lot more fulfilling and has gotten me places in life.
>>
>>59900981
After I finished the Witcher 3.

Since then there was simply no game that seems to be worth the time it takes to download it. When it comes to online gaming LOTRO still interests me but good lord, the time it takes is barely worth it either and last time competitive shooters interested me was during BFV when I was 14 or so.

>how video gaming culture is full of retards and pseudo-intellectual fuckers
So what? Every subculture has their retarded people. /lit/ is a perfect example that even reading books doesn't guarantee much.
>>
>>59901069
If this was the case, shitposting about the RX480/470 wouldn't have existed, because those can handle Superres/NNEDI3 without framedrops
>>
>>59900981
I had a lot of DOS games on floppies when I was a child and I really loved them. I have stopped playing with them when I became a teenager and grew interest towards programming. Since then I have zero ambition to play video games because they are worthless piles of shit. DOS games were hard as fuck to complete, and changelled you for a long time on the contrary to today's games. Nowadays they make games mostly for the visual experience and to capacitate you to buy new hardware to render the graphics.
>>
>>59900981
When I started programming - making my own hacks and got perma banned from all games, then I decided to stop because programming is more fun and brings money on table as well.
>>
>>59900981
I haven't, I still gaym but I no longer use winshit for it. If a game is not available on Linux I won't play it.
>>
>>59900981
When I was around 15 and realized that girls are more fun.

>>59901056
>There are two types of people in /g/ - those who play games, and those who lie about how they don't play games
nah, I don't play games and that's the honest truth.

That being said, I'd sort of like to sometime but I never get around to it. I even downloaded the MAME game pack and CHD pack but I never get around to it. I also have steam, I installed that and clicked download on a few games but I never got around to playing those either.
>>
>>59901196
This.
After I finished Witcher 3 (which I played the first two just before for maximum enjoyment) nothing else felt worth it.
After that I started reading the Witcher books and fell back in love with reading after a 1.5 decade separation
I'm happier now though, not to be [spoiler]gay[/spoiler]
>>
>>59900981
>/v/
>>
File: header.jpg (29KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29KB, 460x215px
>>59900981
>my leisure activity is better than yours
>all games are casual AAA games filled with underage
>don't want to waste time in games but postes on image boards
>having so little disk space you need to uninstall games
Is this a bait or there are actual people who believes this?
Also pic related.
>>
>>59900981
This year.
Got really depressed and stopped doing the things I used to enjoy.
>>
>>59900981
the red pill is finding a balance. the blue pill is thinking one or the either is evil and to be completely avoided.
>>
File: 1428569793549.jpg (47KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
1428569793549.jpg
47KB, 500x554px
>>59901826
this
>>
>having the need to show that you're a full-grown man
you sound like a faggot
>>
>>59900981
Is there anything more childish than wanting to "grow up" and give up things you like just to fit your warped concept of adulthood?
>>
>>59904659

Not that I can think of.
>>
File: 1489641891833.png (32KB, 95x115px) Image search: [Google]
1489641891833.png
32KB, 95x115px
>>59904659
>>
>>59900981
But yet you still waste time watching tv, movies, listening to music, surfing the internet. Don't blame your escapism on video games. Its all the same
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.