[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. How do you update bios of ANUS motherboard if you live in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

1. How do you update bios of ANUS motherboard if you live in 2017 and don't have flash drive or optical driver?

2. Why is this POS sending such bollocks to my speakers when powered down? Is Taiwan trying to remotely brainwash me with "random noise" during sleep?
>>
>>59900682
>live in 2017 and don't have flash drive
You buy one
>>
1. Ok if u spent the last of your money on that motherboard, return it get anything $5 cheaper then get a flash drive at least 1 megabyte big.
2. new motherboard will fix this issue
>>
>>59900696
>>59900703

>just buy more shit

well fug asus
>>
Funny my asus board keeps bugging me to update the bios over ethernet i dont because nothing is broken or non functioning so why bother
>>
>>59900682
>don't have flash drive or optical drive
How the fuck do you think this works?
Just buy a fucking $2 flash drive.
>>
>>59900819
how tf do you not have a single flash drive in 2017
>>
>>59900867
>How the fuck do you think this works?
1. spend one afternoon on modding existing windows flashers to support your chip and put shit logo over it
2. millions of happy users
3. ???
4. profit
>>
>asus can't flash from inside windows

l m a o
>>
>>59900858
that is some advanced botnet
>>
File: 1489116368257.jpg (156KB, 633x758px)
1489116368257.jpg
156KB, 633x758px
AMD BTFO
>>
>>59900921
Updating a bios? I dont think thats a bot net just utilizing something that should already be there for another function

To ne clear ot never comes through windows only when i enter the setup
>>
>>59900923
Don't worry, I am wrecking intels even with february bios. But Anus made activation of FineWine harder for some reason.
>>
>>59900682
Download AI Suite. You can flash the BIOS from within Windows.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_AISuite3_win10_V10174_20170412.zip
>>
>>59900944
intel users don't even think about you
>>
>>59901059
We all know that's not true, Sanjay. You guys spend half your day on /g/ posting about AMD.
>>
>>59901059
In fact, they don't think at all.
>>
>>59901047
thanks truebro, I have it installed but maybe I did not notice flasher
>>
On my C6H if you go to 'ezflash' in the bios, it allows you to access your hdd and select the file there. Could be that other anus boards also have this.
>>
>>59901431
is it safe? guess safer than windwos flasher
>>
>>59901796
No method of flashing is 100% safe. If you lose power during the process, you have a brick. Well, at least if you buy a board from a manufacturer that's too cheap to include dual BIOS chips. Gigabyte have that even on their budget boards. ASHIT don't even do it on their premium ones, hence all the bricked Crosshairs last month when their software fucked up.
>>
>>59902347
>No method of flashing is 100% safe. If you lose power during the process, you have a brick.

some mobos have a double-flash feature so if you fuck up flashing, you'll still have a working BIOS in another chip.
>>
>>59902376
Probably should have gone ahead and read the rest of the post before replying to it, champ.
>>
>>59900682
>you live in 2017 and don't have flash drive
what are the "cool kids" using now?
>>
>>59900819
You don't have to buy one. Just go to a trade fair and get one for free from one of the stalls
>>
>>59902347
It's still like 99.95% safe. I never understood all the concern. You have to be very unlucky to have a power outage during those <5 minutes
>>
>>59900682
your bios should read ntfs if it was made within the last 5 years. put the bios image on the root of your c:\ and flash from there. if you are one of the linux cool kids, then i guess you're fucked
>>
>>59900901
Even asrock can do this, you can even browse your file system inside the bios and find the flash file that way if you're a retard without a USB drive
>>
you can emulate a flash drive using your phone
>>
>>59900682
>speaker feedback
can pretty much guarantee its your PSU not being as good as the box claims

corsair psus do this all the time
>>
>>59902347
>>59902376
How does that work? So if something goes wrong you lose one bios, but you can still lose the next bios?

Also why it takes so long so flash a BIOS? it's only less than 1mb
>>
>>59905220
>Also why it takes so long so flash a BIOS? it's only less than 1mb
1. slow channel through which to transfer data
2. the data is read back to ensure accuracy
3. many modern BIOS are bigger than 1MiB
>>
>>59905220
>So if something goes wrong you lose one bios, but you can still lose the next bios?
I thought working BIOS will restore broken BIOS.
>>
>>59902347
>2017
>losing power while flashing the bios
>not having a ups

I mean, this other nigga doesn't even have a fucking flash drive. AOL was mailing those out a few years ago before they quit the ISP game
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.