[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

4k Laptop general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (493KB, 2811x2074px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
493KB, 2811x2074px
=============================================================================================
=============================================================================================

I'm looking at 4k, 15 inch laptops to use for my studies. I do a lot of pdf reading (medical studies) and could not possibly buy, print out, or store the volume of books i have. I do read through a lot of them completely but i also just use the occasional chapters from certain books and never finish the rest of it. Basically, i want to get a dell xps 15 in 4k because i feel it will provide me with the best possible quality image, as i sit at my desk and make notes, going through my internal medicine texts.

Could one of you technophiles perhaps critique the cps 15 for myself, or offer solid reasons for why another laptop might be superior

I am really liking the infinity edge and build of this laptop.

t. technologically illiterate scholar.
>>
File: 1491975269313.jpg (40KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1491975269313.jpg
40KB, 453x604px
i might add, i absolutely have no intent on using the laptop for gaming. I do not game. So any contender laptop in 4k, with or without a strong gpu/gpu at all is welcome.
>>
>>59898700
get xps 13
it takes a lot less space on a desk so you can have it open on the side without it interrupting your workflow
>>
>>59898736
yes you make a very valid point

I must have a look at the frys store again at these laptops

i hope it does not look small to me
>>
Get a 15" 2014 refurb mac pro retina. Windows 10 scaling sucks.
>>
4k is a waste just get 1080p retard
>>
>technologically illiterate
Looks like you're just generally illiterate.

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>59898807
I thought this too until i had a look at the 4k models vs the 1080p models
>>59898810
i bet you are overweight
wouldn't you like for poeple like me to have an easier time picking up the knowledge to treat your upcomming heart failure.
>>
>>59898700

I would get the 4k. Makes a huge difference to font rendering if you do alot of text based work.
>>
I'd rather have a retina macbook than 4k screen and have to deal with the horrible windows scaling
>>
File: asdf.jpg (550KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
550KB, 1600x900px
You're better off with a Macbook Retina if you want such high resolution since the scaling's better
But are you sure you need 4k? 900p on a 14" just werks for me
>>
File: 1492132897621.jpg (185KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1492132897621.jpg
185KB, 600x900px
>>59898700
>>I'm looking at 4k, 15 inch laptops
I am fairly sure you will have to order a custom model directly from Dell or Lenovo or some place like that because you won't find any laptops with a 4k display in any normal store or webshop.

Also make sure the panel you get is IPS because you don't want to do all that reading on a shitty TN panel.

I'd say IPS is more important than resolution on a laptop, btw. 1080p on 15.6" gives you 140ppi which is about the same as a 28" 4k monitor and way more than a 27" 1440p monitor.

> 4k because i feel it will provide me with the best possible quality image
Just make sure you get to look at the display or check that it's AVHA or IPS and not TN because there is a whole lot more to a "quality image" than the resolution. As an example, I went for 1440p 27" IPS instead of a 27" 4k monitor at the exact same price. One had more pixels but the other had a significantly better picture.
>>
>>59898731
Spectre x360 15
>>
trust me, just don't get a 4k laptop
>literally 60% of the battery life of the same laptop with a 1080p panel
>Linux scaling is basically unusable for X. GNOME with wayland is decent.
>windows scaling is usable most of the time but a lot of programs still look fuzzy compared to everything else.
>>
>>59901703

WIndows scales fine, ignore this pillock. As does linux.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.