[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VPN Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vpn.png (10KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
vpn.png
10KB, 512x512px
Which service do you use and would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Stupid questions welcome.
>>
>>59897570
Self hosted
>>
Why is this asked every fucking day? Is it the same couple people or one person?
Use the fucking archive, there's tons of these threads.
>>
Does it matter which country the server that you connect to is in from a security perspective? (Assuming that the company doesn't keep any logs whatsoever. )
>>
>>59897672
I'm curious about this as well.
>>59897627
There are 3 threads in the official archive that are on the topic, none of which are good.
>>
>>59897819
>newfag doesnt know about the other archives
not surprised 2bh

warosu.org/g
>>
>>59897579
Might giving some instruction?
>>
>>59897570
TorGuard works fine.
>>
>>59897570
None because my country doesn't have retarded shit like going to jail for using a torrent client or stupid "pls dun pirate" letters from my ISP.

I do have a self-hosted VPN via SSL with an OrangePi though to use when i'm outside using my uni or public Wi-Fi hostpots.
>>
>>59897930
This.
>>59897570
Where do I sign up for one, how much will it cost and are there data caps? From Australia.
>>
>>59897930
Find a server provider with high bandwith and root SSH access.

Install OpenVPN server files.
Configure
Download configuration
Download OpenVPN GUI
login
Secure browsing, the only ones having the logs are yourself. (Obviously the server host too, but you can prevent that with some piddling around.)

You're not going to be spoon fed, but there is a helping hand none the less.
>>
>>59898039
There are a bunch that you can choose from, there's a detailed list of pros and cons for each here: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
>>
I appreciate you guys not dicking up the catalog with your vpn request threads, but just make your own and be done with it already
>>
>>59897579
Do you believe self-hosting your VPN is better for your privacy?
>>
>>59898526
yes. it cuts out a middleman. op just pick any cheap vps and install streisand.
>>
>>59898625
Most VPN providers have their own servers, so there really isn't much of a middleman hardware-wise. You either trust the VPS provider with running your VPN on their servers, or you trust the VPN provider with running the VPN you connect to on their servers.
>>
>>59898667
sure, i'm not shitting on other vpn providers. i guess the only difference is that when you self-host, you can make sure that there is no logging.
>>
>>59898239
Thanks anon, will take a look.
>>
File: 283.png (35KB, 670x611px) Image search: [Google]
283.png
35KB, 670x611px
SoftEther VPN with VPNGate plugin

http://download.vpngate.jp/common/cd.aspx/vpngate-client-2017.04.15-build-9634.138169.zip
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.