[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An usable Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: bill_windows.jpg (46KB, 564x566px) Image search: [Google]
bill_windows.jpg
46KB, 564x566px
Hello /g/ The last Windows version I daily used was 98, then I most used Solaris and Linux (Study & Work) until now.

I need to work with Windows clients now. So I need a windows machine, I know that there are some Windows editions that sucks, so I ask your help.

Which version should I use?
Must be able to access advanced settings and core components easily.
Must turn off those damm updates every one talks about
No ads of any kind
>>
>>59897340
Windows 10 LTSB
>>
Just run it in a virtual machine and shut it down when you're done.
>>
Windows 7 SP1, you can turn off updates, no ads, no spying (if you turn off updates)
>>59897360
xd so phoony
>>
>>59897379
The primary use of the machine will be maintenance of products with Visual Studio, and the machine does not have enough power to just run a VM with Visual Studio. (Cannot replace the machine or even modify it).
>>
>>59897472
I have no idea what the fuck that reply is supposed to mean.
>>
>>59897340
I use Win7 in a VM for my MSVC work. It's a bit questionable wrt security due to the update situation, but fucked if I'm going to deal with win10's bullshit when I'm trying to work.
>>
File: 1471746832848.jpg (18KB, 478x353px) Image search: [Google]
1471746832848.jpg
18KB, 478x353px
>>59897340
Windows 7, unbeatable stability and still very viable today.

With some ricing, 8.1 isn't that bad. I don't remember if the telemetry issue was as bad back then.
>>
>>59897905
>unbeatable stability
If you mean by another Windows, then yes.
>>
>>59897340
Windows 8.1.
Install Classic Shell.
Ignore Windows 7 shills.
>>
>>59899647
using 8.1 for even 10 minutes gives me nicotine fit and I quit years ago. I just put a clean install of 8.1 on my friend's laptop the other day and got super tilted almost from the moment it said, "Hi." during install. then it tried tricking us into making microsoft account for 10 minutes, then it tries to hide the real control panel from you...it's not that bad after it's configured but for what most people do (basic internet, video games, word processing) Windows 7 will be better (less annoying) until they stop supporting it
>>
>>59899728
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>59899647
Or you could install Windows 10 Enterprise (LTSB) like everyone else.
>>
>>59897340
>The last Windows version I daily used was 98
It just got worse after that.
>>
>>59897340
I mean 10 might be alright if you are just going to occasionally pop in it every now and then for just work. All it would be spying on is you working. Obviously not for daily or personal use. Just get what's ever most convenient for you to get.
>>
>>59897340
>An usable
Pajeet pls go.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.