[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best TV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: XBR_X930E_65_btyC_blk_dsil_slt.jpg (622KB, 2571x1714px) Image search: [Google]
XBR_X930E_65_btyC_blk_dsil_slt.jpg
622KB, 2571x1714px
I am a poorfag and just want a good tv for blu rays/dvds and console gaming. I don't want gimmicks like 3D or smart tv.
What is the best looking good value for money full hd tv?
Are there any tv's that meet these requirements that don't have tons of chrome plastic everywhere? I would prefer a simple black rectangle with minimal bezel and if possible no huge ugly logo on it
>>
>>59888621
bump
>>
>>59888621
Vizio D Series. Lowest input lag
>>
>I don't want gimmicks like 3D or smart tv.

They don't make those anymore, import a 40" Korean monitor
>>
Craigslist, people are dropping their 1080s for 4Ks
>>
LG WebOS is actually a semi decent smarttv system, if you have to use one.
>>
I got a 40" scepter 4k for under 200 around xmas. It still works fine.
>>
>tv
>2017
>>
>>59890427
thanks will look into it
>>59890493
I want a 40 to 50 inch tv, are there even affordable monitors with that size and is quality when watching movies good enough? I really don't know anything about that stuff
>>59890516
I am a Kraut, but I thought about buying used, I just don't know which model...I want a pitch black square/rectangle, no weird cheap looking design, but seems like that is too much to ask for, so many fugly tvs...maybe old sony lcd/led?
>>59890610
I don't watch tv, I just need it for dvds, blu ray and console gayming
>>
>I am a poorfag
perhaps some prioritization would be the better choice here...
>>
>>59891642
poorfag as in I won't spend hundreds of yurobux more compared to a full hd tv or monitor or whatever for an some gimmicks I won't ever use since I am not a gazillionaire
>>
File: 1490763845319.jpg (88KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490763845319.jpg
88KB, 800x800px
>>59890865
Vizio will always be best for budget gaming because the motion is pretty good and there's not a lot else that comes with it that you really 'need'. They are extremely affordable and a really good value out of the big pile of dogshit that is cheap TVs.

Best 'well-rounded' is Samsung. Even a cheap Samsung is great, which is what makes them a really good brand. Much more reliable than Vizio, and even though Vizio has the better motion for gaming Samsung still has way better picture quality for the TV and Blu-ray. Do not go high-end with Samsung. If you're going to spend any amount of money on a TV, Sony is the best option.

It sounds like a Vizio will probably best case for you. I know some other anon said D-series is the best, but I like E quite a bit too. It's not that much more and I'm pretty sure that D doesn't come in 4K. M isn't bad if you can get one for a good price, do not fall for the P meme like a lot of TV salesmen already have.

t. Best Buy employee who has been working for too long
>>
I bought the sony kdl 40r450c for €379, it looks like a black tv with barely any bezels. Image quality is good enough for me but obviously far from perfect. It has some input lag, but I don't really find that it's much of a problem for games (I can play project diva on it fine with the lag settings slightly adjusted). The audio is a bit shitty but I use headphones anyway.

I would probably have bought a 32" but better tv if I had to buy it again, but I don't feel like it's shit for the money desu.
>>
>>59890865
>I want a 40 to 50 inch tv, are there even affordable monitors with that size and is quality when watching movies good enough? I really don't know anything about that stuff

40+" 4k monitors are a diamond dozen in Korea, the factories that make all the panels for Samsung, LG et cetera take those same panels and assemble their own in-house brands for cheap.
Cheaper still if you're willing to gamble on a B-grade panel that may or may not have ~ dead pixels

Usually you find them on ebay, not sure how you'd get ahold of one in krautland.
>>
>>59892129
I don't want 4k tho, I only own a ps3/ps2 and gamecube and watch only dvd and blu ray
>>59891982
thanks but I am a kraut
>>
Check rtings.

Get Samsung or Sony, LG is shit.
>>
>>59893079
>sony in 2017
Wew lad.
>>
>>59893116
There's nothing wrong with Sony. They use LG IPS panels I think. Plus they have Android TV.

I bought an X700D from black friday
>>
>>59893064
1080p will be even cheaper then ya dingus
>>
>>59891982
how do i start working at best buy? i have zero experience
>>
>>59893129
I was thinking about their kdl series since op is looking for good poorfag option
X700 is Miles ahead
>>
>>59893262
what's wrong with the kdl series then?

the x700d is great except the sometimes spotty wifi and poor contrast ratio
>>
>>59893116
>muh Korean shit
Sony absolutely blows Korean trash out with their scaling engines, motion flow, and menu options.
>>
>>59893326
>Korean
>trash
maybe if it's LG, Samsung is top tier though.
>>
>>59893353
Not really
>>
Rtings.com
>>
>>59893287
I was doing some research on tv since my parents want to buy something new. The wanted a meme 4k but whatever.
Cheap'o kdl has shitty panel with noticeable white lights on blacks on the corners. Also android on sony tv sucks ass and crashes often, and few inputs on the back for the price.
>>
>>59893373
Yes it is. Why are you denying? Are you a weeb?
>>
Just buy a mid range Samsung 6000 series.

They're the most bang for the buck TVs out there right now. HDR, 4k and all that good shit
>>
>>59893396
The only thing they have is OLEDs on consumer sets.
>>
I bought a Hisense TV 50 4k for 300. I was skeptical but it's still working really well. I even accidently poked it with a drill bit (was hanging it on my wall) and nothing happened to it.
>>
>>59893410
Samsung doesn't even have OLED TVs right now, lmao.
>>
>>59893488
I don't pay much attention to garbage so I wouldn't know. I assumed they followed the rest of the korean trash. They have nothing then.
>>
There's a 60" 1080p Sony at Best Buy only for $599. I bought one, it's great unless you need wide viewing angle. If you sit in front of it you will not find a better 1080p display.
>>
>>59893184
you're hired
>>
LG OLED TVs input lag is down to 21ms this year, think I'll grab a 55" once it reaches local stores, feels good not being poor.

In comparison Sony A1 with the X1 Extreme™ processor is rumored to have over 30ms lag (same LG panel). Also, for a 1000EUR more price they don't even include a regular TV stand, have to wallmount or view at a weird 10 degree angle, not sure wtf is Sony doing.
>>
>>59893608
really am i hired already? no seriously though, a best buy job seems comfy and /g/. but the website says i need to have like 6 months to a year customer service experience, which i don't have.
>>
>>59893665
the only good thing about a job at best buy is the discount from what i've heard

Working for geek squad is like selling your soul. It's just a money hole old people through money into. They 'fix' computers by putting a magic 'fix-it' cd into the computer and if that doesn't work they mail it off to some camp where Pajeet will fix it and then charge you two way shipping.
>>
>>59895875
yeah it must be boring sitting around all day waiting for customers
>>
>>59893625
aren't OLED TVs just a meme?

i have a hard time trusting LG TVs ever, because i had one fail within 2.5 years. The LED backlight went dark, and i had to replace it
>>
>>59893665
>comfy
>helping people dumber than cockroaches with computers
pick one
>>
>>59893665
This sums it up: >>59899234

Best Buy employee again, most of my day is explaining real basic shit to people. I spent an hour today explaining over and over to this older lady what the difference between memory, hard drive, and processor is. You have managers who ride your ass trying to hit sales quota (even if you never get commission from it) and a constant onslaught of weird shit from customers. Departments have different flavors and you just pick what works for you.

The employee discount is pretty fucking comfy. I don't know how normies pay for shit.
>>
>>59896884
If you're looking to get into IT go find a help desk job. Ya it kinda sucks at first, but it's everyone's first step into the field. Best Buy wouldn't be so bad, but it's more retail than technology.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.