[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free social media is a mistake.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: urbit.jpg (7KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
urbit.jpg
7KB, 512x512px
Staying in prison is free. Using free social media is free. In prison, people form gangs because they hate each other. The same thing happens on social media. The 2016 election permanently poisoned Twitter and reddit. At least I can unfollow people on Facebook, but other sites are basically useless now. Trump comes up in every thread, and it's the Trump gang vs. the anti-Trump gang.

I never remember feeling deep hatreds before social media. I knew what it was like to have love, like, and lust for things. Not even Facebook was that bad because it wasn't really political before 2008. If you made an enemy, you would eventually have to get over it, because life goes on. You have to keep going to work with them, keep going to school with them, or keep seeing them around. There was no neverending edrama between ecelebs about who had the biggest epeen. This New Atheism cancer was impossible because no one gave a flying fuck about religion at all outside of holidays, funerals, and weddings.

If you don't pay for your email, your domain, or your social media, the owner is going to run the platform like a prison because that's the cheapest way to run it. A private, American style prison. Prisons are the cheapest way to do housing. Facebook is a big information prison. Gmail is an email prison. Instagram is a photography prison. Reddit is an opinion prison. 4chan is an emotional prison, like a giant confessional where the lunatics run the asylum.
>>
>>59887266
I remember how it all started for me. First, it was YouTube. I ran an account as a kid called AlexanderAnarchist. My goal was to piss as many people off in the comments sections as possible. One time, a British cartoonist died and I got 1500 people to angrily reply to my politically charged troll comment. This is one of the comments I left on a cat video from 2009 once: "dogs > cats. U mad?" http://youtubebillboard.com/wpb/?p=149 Here's another one from 2010. I was being a dick in those comments too, so someone said this: "@AlexanderAnarchist the dickheadness is strong in this one" http://minecraft-forum.net/minecraft-videos-mods-textures-gameplay/building-megaobjects-in-minecraft/ Then came Facebook and sex messaging women. Then 4chan/reddit and learning how to hate people and things I had never met or seen in person.

You have to pay for phone numbers. You used to have to indirectly pay for an email address through your university or your ISP. My dad still has an ISP email. I bought my own domain and my own email on that domain because I am sick of this shit. If you aren't willing to pay pennies a day to talk to me on our terms instead of Zuckerberg's terms or Jack's terms you obviously don't think I am actually worth talking to, so fuck off.
>>
>>59887271
4chan is the purest form of free social media. You don't need an account to post here, and you can pretty much post whatever you want. There is no barrier to entry, and that is why it is a toxic private prison run by a Japanese sadist. Urbit is the only social media project worth contributing to at this point because it's a full stack, paid replacement for this nu-modem, neo-AOL bullshit. I want control of *my* server and *my* data. Outside of paid telephony, paid messaging, paid email, and paid web hosting, nothing else is worth using. The "freemium" model has broken down because it is too fucking bogged down it its own shit. How many cycles of cyber wars have we had in our eprisons? Millions of people hate each other despite knowing nothing about each other. This cycle of hatred is what created the demand for "fake news." It's literally destroying our societies.

I'm leaving. I give up. This whole model is shit, and I don't know why anyone with enough money to have 100 bucks left over for IT at the end of the month still uses this prison model. Bye.
>>
>>59887266
If you think prisons are cheap you have no idea the reality of it. In state level state run prisons it costs about $70 per inmate per day. Private run facilities do it for closer to $50. Think about that math.
>>
>>59887266
>I never remember feeling deep hatreds before social media
the fuck? how young are you?
>>
>>59887377
50 * 30 = 1500 per month, 18,000 per year. How much do you spend on your mortgage? On rent? It's dirt cheap man.

>>59887385
>>
>>59887385
This

Free media is the best thing that happened to the world.
>>
>>59887413
>t. troll virgin basement dweller
>>
>>59887407
Extrapolate that across thousands of inmates housed
>>
>>59887407
And my rent is less than half of that for my 2 bedroom apartment. Even with utilities it's less than a thousand a month
>>
>>59887425
I don't need to fuckface, because the average American income is like 60,000 USD, and most people spend more than 1/3rd on housing and food. Do you think a prison of 10,000 is more expensive than a town of 10,000? Think again.

Just admit you were wrong fuckhead.
>>
>>59887442
>fuckface
>fuckhead
You have to be 18 to post here faggot
>>
>>59887440
Unless you eat beans and rice and never do anything or go anywhere it's still cheaper.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14-10-10-32.png (353KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14-10-10-32.png
353KB, 1440x2560px
>>59887442
Check your numbers
>>
>>59887461
>posts 4 year old numbers that are less than 9 k different

You're the kind of pseud pedant shithead that hangs out on /g/ and /sci/.
>>
>>59887475
Why are you so salty dude? Where did the social media touch you? Show me on the doll...
>>
>>59887266
not sure what your problem is. every website has its own community with its certain style that may appeal to you or not, that includes facebook and 4chan as well.

maybe you should use a specialized forum centered around a certain topic that interests you, not a "general" forum like facebook.
>>
>>59887490
An autism forum perhaps
>>
>>59887424
OP, you just don't understand how valuable being able to freely exchange information is. You're so worried about your feelings that you've lost sight of the good things that have come out of free social media.

Consider the political effects of this, for example. Before this technology became available to the public, people were unable to discuss politics and such freely. Now, although most people are grossly uninformed about this stuff, at least some qualified people can provide insight into alternative positions.

I honestly think that being able to communicate freely has made me a better person, mostly because it has allowed me to be a better debater and I've learned how to deal with people who try to get underneath your skin.
>>
>>59887505
>Social media has given me access to fake news that makes me feel smarter and more informed than I actually am. My first name is Dunning and my last name is Kreuger.

>>59887497
OH WOW! ANOTHER FUNNY ORIGINAL JOKE LEARNED ON SOCIAL MEDIA! IT'S ONLY BEEN REHASHED OVER AND OVER SINCE THE LAST DECADE! TRULY WONDERFUL :DDDDDDDDD
>>
>>59887560
Not joking. I genuinely think you would be happier in a safe space surrounded by people that share your social disability
>>
>>59887442
>Spewing hate filled insults after complaining about senseless hatred supposedly caused by social media
Stop seeking excuses, anon. Humans have always been filled with hatred, social media just makes it far more obvious. The same goes for love and empathy. If you want to see less hate, start with yourself. If you want more love and empathy, which society truly needs, start spreading it by practicing it.
>>
File: 1487888703641.jpg (59KB, 412x398px) Image search: [Google]
1487888703641.jpg
59KB, 412x398px
>>59887560
Not an argument.
Go cry somewhere else lmao
>>
>>59887266
Then disconnect. Go away. Why are you blogging about it on the very social media you hate? Seriously. Fuck off.
>>
>>59887581
No faggot. You can't cram everyone into a prison setting and expect peace and love.

>>59887592

I will after this thread because I am not pulling a 1 post by this ID.
>>
>>59887606
Why wait till after this thread? You've already shown yourself to be a social retard. You know it. We know it. What you have to ask yourself now is whether the world is actually a better place with you in it or if you should go buy a helium tank. Post yourself doing it on social media. You'll at least have an audience for your exit. Because that's about all you're good for. Entertainment.
>>
File: 1468133744290.jpg (59KB, 506x402px) Image search: [Google]
1468133744290.jpg
59KB, 506x402px
OP is going to go to reddit after this thread and complain about being bullied on 4chan because he said retarded shit.
>>
>>59887622
>The 10,000 "kys" post on /g/ today
>"Free social media is good for society, trust me."

>>59887623

I cut back on my redditing. It was kind of my NY resolution. I only use it for work stuff now.
>>
>>59887640
>reddit
>work stuff
So hows that gender studies degree working out there little snowflake?
>>
>>59887646
Reddit started as a tech site and it still is you insufferable cunt.
>>
>>59887668
There's the name calling again. Retard
>>
>>59887668
If he's so insufferable, why are you suffering him? Just close the browser
>>
>>59887606
Anon, your prison analogy doesn't quite hold up. Social Media can be horrible and perpetuate hatred, yes, but also incredibly useful in spreading love and understanding. See both sides of the coin. If you think one side is currently dominating, throw your weight into the other side of the scale. Otherwise, all your complaining will amount to nothing. Hate is not caused by social media, it is caused by fear and anxiety. If you want less hate, you need to combat fear and anxiety. This can be done with love and empathy, with reaching out a helping hand and showing you care.
>>
>>59887694
Oh he's already shown that he is way beyond an attitude adjustment regarding social media. He doesn't have the social ability to show love and empathy in a meaningful way
>>
>>59887694
No. That is faggotry. You refuse to see the inherent negativity created when ramming strangers into threads and forums and having them discuss politics.

>>59887720
>Use love and empathy on 4chan.
>>
>>59887731
>STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME I'M OBVIOUSLY RIGHT BECAUSE MY MOM TELLS ME SO
-the post
>>
>>59887731
There is no active agent forcing them to do so, they do it out if their own volition.
>>
>>59887745
>Free will is real.

>I don't know anything about human behavior.
>>
>>59887731
I'm genuinely curious dude. The use of profanity. Why? You sound like a salty try hard and show yourself to be at least emotionally underage b&.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.