[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you recommend I change next? First time building a PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: firstPC.png (13KB, 439x349px) Image search: [Google]
firstPC.png
13KB, 439x349px
What do you recommend I change next?

First time building a PC on a very tight budget.
I spent $40 on the tower which included the CPU, RAM, Motherboard, and Optical Drive you see in there. I spent like $160 on the 1050ti, and $30 on the hard drive.
I've heard the Pentium g4650 is a very decent budget processor, but is it compatible with the motherboard? Am I better off changing both at the same time?

I get good fps in games and have only dipped below 60 when playing Skyrim loaded with mods.
>>
Look into motherboard sockets, chipsets and other interfaces.
You will not be able to put a Pentium G4560 on that motherboard.

You need an LGA 1151 socket motherboard with a compatible chipset. H110 can do it but requires a bios update, so you'd be better off buying a B250 motherboard.

If you were to upgrade to a Pentium g4560 you would also require DDR4 ram, thats not a recommendation, lga 1151 boards only have ddr4 dimm slots

If youre looking for a CPU upgrade next, youre going to have to look into a new motherboard too. Lga 1156 is pretty outdated at this point and even the high end processors from that time are old as balls.

If you want to save a bit of money on a cpu and motherboard upgrade by not having to buy DDR4 ram, you can go LGA 1150 and still use DDR3, but get something like an i5 4460, which will be a very good processor upgrade for around 100$ used
>>
>>59887053
Okay, thanks a lot. I'll save this.
>>
>>59887067
So basically if you want to get the Pentium g4560 (which would pair very well with your 1050ti)
you will need this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157733
and this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220941
alternatively stick with 4gb if youre not doing any really intensive gaming, buy 8gb is recommended

Or if you go LGA 1150
You will want this tried and true motherboard:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130731
and something like an i5 4460 for a decent quadcore, or a Pentium g3258 which is known for being able to overclock, im not sure if you can do it on H81 chipsets though. Otherwise if youre ok with a basic dual core, go with a Pentium G3260, which is a 3.3ghz, pretty basic chip but it served me very well for quite some time
>>
>>59886988
You can get a Xeon X3450 off Ebay for $25. It's half the speed of the g4650 single-threaded, but the same speed multithreaded, and it will work in that motherboard. It's just the server version of the i7 860. (I have one)

X3440's can be had for $18, and you only drop from 2.66GHz to 2.53.. X3430's are $10, but you lose hyperthreading. (They're basically an i5 750)
>>
>>59887237
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=1289&cmp[]=2925

So up to you whether you want to rip out everything and spend another $180 or so for CPU, mobo, and DDR4, or just put in a Xeon and maybe scrounge craigslist for another stick of DDR3.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.