[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think SELinux is a NSA backdoor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: downloadfile.jpg (25KB, 580x436px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
25KB, 580x436px
Do you think SELinux is a NSA backdoor?
>>
They primarily made it for themselves. Why would they want to have backdoors on their own servers?
They have more than enough possibilities as is.
>>
>>59884932
Anything written in C is vulnerable by default
>>
>>59884932
Ubuntu definitely is nsa and debian arguibly
>>
File: its_over.png (159KB, 1471x669px) Image search: [Google]
its_over.png
159KB, 1471x669px
>>59884932
>backdoor
We don't need no stinkin' backdoors. Without going off on a tinfoil tangent, I'd like to suggest that my friends at /g/ read this: https://cryptome.org/2015/03/NSA_surveillance_program.pdf
Keep in mind this was written prior to the recent presidential election and thus prior to the recent hoopla over internet privacy. The first dozen pages or so, are really all you need to read. Is what is laid out here all coincidence? Are you seeing the patterns described here, in our current situation? Try to set aside any political biases while reading this and see if you don't walk away questioning them after reading this (regardless of which side of the aisle you choose).
>>
File: Systemd_components.svg.png (37KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
Systemd_components.svg.png
37KB, 440x248px
>>59884932
No.
>>
File: puffy61.gif (59KB, 599x199px) Image search: [Google]
puffy61.gif
59KB, 599x199px
>>59884932
Can't hear you from my secure OS.
>>
>>59887142
You, me, and the other two people, running Potato the OS. It's like arguing the software on my calculator is the best because "no botnet".
>>
Am I the only to think he closely resembles Mark Cerny?
>>
Why would they make something that people want nothing more than to switch off by default because it's such a pain to use?
>>
>>59884932
SElinux is made by the NSA.
Can't trust them at all.
Do the math.
>>
>>59886839
Ubuntu doesn't use SELinux.
>>
Yes.

Red Hat biggest customer is the US government.

If you trust their technologies (systemd, SELinux, GNOME, etc) to be free of backdoors you deserve what is coming to you.
>>
>>59888450
Backdoors are an antiquated concept. They can be detected and patched easily in software that more or less sits stagnant. You also need to bother yourself with the hassle of placing agents in the community to plant your exploits. Zero days are where it's at. You just need to stay ahead of the curve. When you the funds of a nation behind you, this becomes much easier.
>>
>>59887791
so ubuntu is a shit distro?

good to know.
>>
Absolutely
>>
>>59885969
You're basically saying anything written in any language ever is vulnerable, and you'd be right. Code is vulnerable
>>
I'm at the point where I think that security through obscurity is really the only way to go, no matter how much people like to shit all over it.
>>
>>59884932
Whether or not one thinks is, it is.
>>
>>59890128
It's the truth. If you can't find it, you can't touch it. If you can't document it's components easily, you better dedicate some serious time and effort to finding a hole in it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.