[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wireless Chargers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: EP-PG920IBEGWW-272186-0.jpg (266KB, 1920x1026px) Image search: [Google]
EP-PG920IBEGWW-272186-0.jpg
266KB, 1920x1026px
I've never seen a thread on this, so I thought I'd make one. The other day I got a samsung wireless charger, although mine's white unlike pic related. It was $49CAD at a small town shop (I broke my charger port and had to get one).

Its honestly kind of mediocre. The phone has to be almost completely centered on it, it takes like 2-ish hours to charge from dead to full, whereas the fast charger that came with the phone took 30min and I get the feeling judging by the weight that a lot of it is just empty plastic, which makes it kind of shitty to carry around in your pocket. I bet they could make it the size of a credit card and it would work just as well. Its kind of convenient I guess, and I'll probably use it with my next phone while I'm sleeping or whatever, but for on-the-go I doubt I'll bring it with me anywhere.

Are there any improvements, break throughs or even research into this field? The concept of wireless power fascinates me, but it seems kind of practically useless at this point, when things have to be right on top of the charger and not, say, within 5 feet or something.
>>
Thats the reason why this things never kick off, i actually "invented" the wireless charge, completely diffrent then that sht. It was suppose to use wifi tech + tesla coil n charge ur phone from a distance, had a wprking prototype that charged from a >10ft distance but it was slow(often times u heavy using ur phone would beat the charge rate). I sold it to X company n thy said they will fund it n follow threw but that was all bs n now we got this stupid sht, whats the point of wireless charging the product is tht stupid.
>>
>>59880362
I agree with everything you said, but for some reasons I have doubt that you did what you say
>>
why didn't you buy a fast "quickcharge" wireless charger? What did you expect?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wireless-Charging-Enabled-Devices/dp/B012AWBN9C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492130909&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+quick+charger+wireless
>>
>>59880284
A gimmick to entertain the groids and sandpeople. Ignore.
>>
>>59880595
Energous is working on the watt up, which is wireless charging at a distance. Years ago there was a neat ted talk on the subject showing a tv being powered a good distance away.

The problems right now seems to be interference. The phone communicates with the antenna to dial in the power for the distance. But this power interferes with equipment. It can be mitigated with directional antennas, but then it would only charge one device at a time.
>>
>>59880691
Ill look into it when I get a new phone in a couple weeks. See if I can get the sales rep to throw it in for free or something. I didnt even realize quickcharge wireless chargers were available, I only got mine because it was the only option at the time (I work out of town a lot in small, hick shit-towns, I was lucky to even find an electronics store) and I absolutely need a phone for work. If I called my main office, they would get a brand new phone sent out to me rather than send a wireless charger, because they like to set money on fire and I want to wait until the s8 comes out (my company has some deal with samsung for cheap phones), rather than look like an idiot for getting a new phone then requesting an upgrade a few months later.

Reading up on it, its supposedly 40% faster, which might make it worth it, but thats still over twice as slow as the usb cable option
>>
>>59880803
understood. s8 looks cool, and yeah it still isn't as fast as usb like you said
>>
File: 41Cmv91eZ4L.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41Cmv91eZ4L.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
i have the one that also doubles as a stand. got it at the same time as my s7e. the performance is on par with what you said, but i don't really mind since i always use it to charge to full in the evening/night.

i haven't used the wired charger even once since this is more convenient.
>>
>>59880814
I wish they made it a little smaller, but Im hoping a lot of it is just extra screen from the lack of bezel, since phone sizes are measured on the screen diagonal only usually
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.