[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mic Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 71jkCzoC4DL.png (1MB, 1463x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71jkCzoC4DL.png
1MB, 1463x1500px
Ok, so I unboxed and plugged in my Blue Yeti Pro for the first time today, and it's not picking up any sound, regardless of settings.

The power is on, I installed the official driver (on W10) and the system recognizes it, it's not muted, but when I try to record all I get is silence (or occasionally distorted buzzing noise when i increase the gain and talk directly into it).

I tried restarting the PC, reinstalling drivers, using different USB slots, three different mini USB cables, on two different PCs, and nothing helps. When I plugged in earbuds at the bottom to listen to it, I could hear the buzzing and crackling noise a lot clearer, but otherwise no difference. It reacts to sound, but not the way it should.

At this point I'm pretty sure the unit is defective, but sadly I ordered it online over 6 months ago so I can't return or exchange it. I'm still hoping it's a problem with the USB port, and not the mic itself, but I can't test the XLR connector until I get my mixer board later this month.

Anyone had a similar issue? Any ideas? Please tell me I'm not stuck with a $250 paperweight lol.
>>
>>59880214
Set it on fire and put it on YT maybe you get some views. Tweet at Blue with the hashtag #QA. Then buy a Rode NT1 kit.
>>
>>59880323
Fml.
>>
>>59880214
Damn op, that sucks... Always test everything as soon as you get it, especially if you order from less than reputable dealers. I learned that lesson the hard way too. Sorry I can't help, hope you can get it working somehow.
>>
>>59880551
Thanks anon. Yeah I was stupid. I mailed Blue's support to see if they have any advice, and I'm waiting for the mixer so I can check the XLR connector... If nothing works I'll try a local repair shop. Just sucks to spend so much money on a mic and have it not work.
>>
File: CXADeIsWkAAOlBb.png (37KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
CXADeIsWkAAOlBb.png
37KB, 209x200px
>>
>>59880621
Does it need phantom power?
>>
>yeti meme
>windows 10
>shit pepe
>too dumb to solve problems yourself without making a /g/ thread
>getting a mixer board when you are this retarded
I bet the mic isn't even broken. You are just too retarded to figure it out how to set it up.
>>
>>59880214
Is their a switch on the microphone itself that needs to be turned on in order to activate it?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.