[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Apple Buy Disney?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1492104914990.jpg (11KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
1492104914990.jpg
11KB, 570x380px
http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/apple-disney-acquisition-rumor-1202029827/

>Apple could potentially find the cash to pull off a $200 billion-plus takeover of Disney — creating a company worth $1 trillion with “almost limitless opportunities in content and technology.”

>“Recently, investors have increased their expectations that Apple could seriously consider acquiring Disney,” RBC analysts Steven Cahall and Leo Kulp wrote in the note.

>“Content is a major focus for Apple, target size is not an issue, and Disney offers an avenue to diversify away from hardware without diluting the strong Apple brand,” RBC’s Cahall and Kulp wrote.

>The M&A rumor mill got new grist last fall, when Apple chief Tim Cook told analysts that the tech giant was “open to acquisitions of any size.” In addition, Apple execs met with Time Warner honchos in late 2015 in a discussion that raised the possibility of a merger — before AT&T moved on its $85 billion bid for Time Warner.

>But would Apple shareholders support such a bet-the-company move? Assuming a 40% premium for Disney, the deal would carry a hefty $237 billion price tag. If Apple investors balk, Disney could consider spinning off assets like ESPN and theme parks to make the deal more palatable.
>>
>>59877949
no.
it's just another episode of investment bankers spreading bullshit in the hope of getting work.
>>
>>59877949
sounds like bullshit
but if true, i guess I'd be an Apple employee and I wouldn't have to pay their ridiculous markup to replace my aging laptop
>>
>>59877949
Wouldn't Apple need to get their money taxed first to buy them? This would further inflate the cost. Besides diversification or not, it seems silly to buy such a huge company that's at its peak.

Beats made sense because it was a growing brand and forced Applel into streaming and premium headphones sectors that are close enough to their main business. Now Tesla, that'd make sense for the future and as a start of a scary empire.
>>
I'd expect the exact opposite if anything.
>>
>>59877949
Complete and utter bullshit
>Disney could consider spinning off assets like ESPN and theme parks to make the deal more palatable.
Disney wouldn't sell off its fucking parks just to be bought out when its one of their biggest and most well known assets
>>
>>59879171
You really have no idea, have you?
>>
Reminds me of the rumor that InBev was going to buy Coca-Cola in order to trigger bonuses for the executives if they get the market cap of the company over a certain threshold.
>>
>>59877949
Just like that rumor that Apple was going to buy Intel
>>
>>59877949
>fruity toddler toy company
>buys kiddy toddler brand

Sounds legit.
>>
>>59878441
Perhaps Disney would be jointly owned by the various Apple subsidiaries around the world. Liberty Media bought the Atlanta Braves strictly for tax accounting purposes. The Burger King-Tim Hortons merger was for similar reasons. If there is a loophole for being able to use overseas money without it being taxed, Apple's accountants and lawyers will find it.
>>
>>59879537
>most well known assets
or best known, as we white people say.
>>
>>59879797
Fair enuff. Although it'd be still a very weird move for them. They been doing not too bad with the hardware/services business, adding content creators doesn't offer much room for growth, and making Disney shit exclusive for Apple stuff would be economical suicide. Apple could've bough every music label long ago but why bother if they can get their share of profits through iTunes without any of the risks and responsibilities.

A fashion brand or a car maker would make much more sense if they want to diversify.
>>
>>59877949
Please no, corporate America is already dystopian as it, a takeover like this is just going to make things worse.
>>
It would be stupid because we're almost at peak disney. All the marvel movies are heading towards an end since all the character franchises are wrapping up. Star wars will be finished in 5 years and cable revenue is going down.

If apple buys them then their asset will go down in a few years. They should buy netflix and viemo.
>>
>>59879884
They have so much money and want to do something productive with it but probably don't want to become the next GE so they're going to look for companies to acquire that are huge and have business that compliments what Apple already does. The choices aren't all that large.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.