[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing Against Windows, but..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: win17.gif (99KB, 489x317px) Image search: [Google]
win17.gif
99KB, 489x317px
I just don't see how Windows 8 or Windows 10 ADDS anything. Its not a better product, its just a new one.
>>
>>59868240
I'm weird. I like paying for good software when I can afford it. I don't generally like stealing fresh content or stuff people worked really hard on. I think programmers should get paid.

But when I see Windows 10, I see a corporate megalith exploiting loopholes that allow them to profit by collecting personal data on their costumers and offering no increased functionality.

Why should developers switch to the new standard?
>>
>>59868260
I mean, sure, I'm a pirate, but I'm not a dick about it. Every kids sold some bootleg cassette tape of their favorite band at some point. I think its weird that kids today think you shouldn't have to pay for anything.
>>
It adds a custom and better experience tailored JUST FOR YOU using all your personal data.
You can encrypt your disk and if you ever forget your key don't worry, microsoft has it backed up in The Cloud(copyright 2017 Microsoft(r) Corporation(tm)).
>>
>>59868240
The way the laws are written, you make most independent developers sound like career felons. You make it sound like you need a law degree just to practice programming.
>>
>>59868296
there are plenty of back doors for tech support to use already. They don't need to make another one.
>>
>>59868240
But it adds new telemetry and your personal spyware/assistant (((Cortana))), goyim.
>>
>>59868240
I learned on windows. Windows gave me the freedom to explore while protecting me from my own ignorance. When I got olders I found Windows still had a lot of utility. I just see you taking away people freedom to explore and learn at their own pace in order to "protect" the user.
>>
>>59868334
My mom needs Cortona. I don't.

There should really be a windows basic, advanced, and intermediary.
>>
>>59868356
unfortunately, since you have to learn with a marquee interface to really learn how to code old-school, RAID 0 style, you couldn't really call it windows, because there would be no windows.

Unless you acknowledge that windows are just as useful as text interfaces and strive to include both in your system.
>>
>>59868368
But when have you ever seen a system where the GUI user wasn't the weak link?
>>
just keep using windows 7 like the normal people
>>
>>59870001
>vir/g/ins
>normal people
>>
>>59868356
Mac is Windows basic, Windows is Windows intermediate, Linux is Windows advanced. It's really not that hard.
>>
> Its not a better product, its just a new one.

Welcome to all software development for the last 10 years.

>>59870009
> This is a classic case of an organism that needs to feed so it can get better so it can feed some more. But if you think carefully, browsers do not need half the features they have, and they have been added and developed only because people who write software want to make sure they have a job security and extra control.
>Wayland, same story. And the argument for its existence is meaningless. On the server side, 99% of the time you don't need the graphical environment at all, so this has nothing to do with the vast industry out there. In the home setup, the old framework was doing well, and from the user perspective, things were just fine. Normal people don't know or care what powers their box. And that's a sign of an excellent product. It's transparent.
>Now though, we have Wayland - and Mir - and for years, we will be in a state of beta limbo until developers finish playing, if ever, after which they will find another excuse to create another framework and start again, treating the entire world as one big sandbox for their own amusement and profit. Or maybe just amusement. After all, when writing code is your passion, your job and your goal, you don't ever really finish, do you.
>>
Don't know where else to post this, but if anyone has a handy guide to uncuck windows 7 spying from windows update I'd appreciate it. For some fucking reason I turned windows updates back on for a while (probably to 'solve' a problem that it actually didn't) so I'd appreciate a list of shit or a handy .bat.
>>
>>59870069
Why don't you go ask /pol/ to "redpill" you on it?
>>
>>59870069
Reinstall windows 7, and turn off windows update.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.