[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to LaTeX?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (102KB, 588x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 588x570px
Something where you create the formatting with tags, but is meant for less academic papers(which i won't do until next semester of uni).
>>
static html/css gives you some good results.

too bad pajeets and JS ruined the webstack.
>>
>>59867655
Just fucking use LaTeX
>>
>>59867655
it's nice to ease into latex, if it's what you have to write in.

I do most of my casual writing in typora nowadays, or in jupyter notebooks.
>>
Quit being a weenie.
LaTeX isn't even hard.
>>
>>59868101
How is it to style? Like CSS?
>>
>>59868101
latex isn't hard if you use it with the formatting they want you to use it with.

any other features you'd expect from a typical word processor will be exceedingly difficult though.

desu I wish someone would just create a saner version based on xml or even yaml. latex is just insane desu.
>>
>>59868131
Styling is what you make of it. It can be very easy or very hard.
The point of LaTeX is for academic journals. You give the .tex file to the publishers and they have their own styles that they can apply to the paper without even changing a single line in it.
Try https://www.overleaf.com/
It makes it easy for babbies to use.
>>59868139
The worst thing to do in LaTeX is anything involving tables.
>>
>>59868139
The approach we used for generating reports was to let user create the document in MS word docx format, adding {{keywords}} as necessarily, then then our program would process the file (which is not at all difficult, since it's just a zip archive with xml files in it) and replace {{keywords}} with actual data.
>>
File: Untitled.png (351KB, 1920x2008px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
351KB, 1920x2008px
>>59868196
related is my code to format a LaTeX document into (my) style of a textbook.
>>
Groff -mm -Tps file.mm > file.ps
>>
Just use overleaf to make your latex docs online. Latex or Rich text on the left, real time formatting preview on the right.
>>
>>59867655
asciidoc
markdown and its different flavors
reStructuredText

>but is meant for less academic papers(which i won't do until next semester of uni).
If you have to learn LaTeX later anyway, why don't you learn that now? It's not that hard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.