[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best sfx power supply?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0189.jpg (71KB, 602x396px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0189.jpg
71KB, 602x396px
Specifically for running a single gtx 1070 along with a i5-7600?
>>
>>59867377
>I5 7600

don't do it, friend

but I would seasonic if they have one. Modular and at least bronze certified. 500 to 600 watts would be overkill but give you headroom if you want to get a more power hungry system down the line.

Also, buy an r5 1600 if you haven't.
>>
>>59867414
What's wrong with the 7600? I haven't gotten it yet, however I do have a motherboard with an 1151 socket so no ryzen for me :(
>>
>>59867377
Whats this i5 7600 meme.
>>
rm 650x gold
>>
>>59867440
Haven't gotten it yet. What's wrong with the 7600? What would you recommend? Limited to a 1151 socket
>>
>>59867423
nothing's wrong with it, it's just 4 cores with no hyperthreading is not gonna be worth buying going into the future. You'd almost be better off buying a new mobo and a 1060 or 480 (580 next week, probably going to be pretty nice) and getting the r5 1600. NOT the 1500, the 4 core on that is gimped due to 2+2 even with 8 threads total.
>>
>>59867451
>>59867447
also consider that unless you're doing 144hz gaming or 1440p you don't need a 1070. A 480 would be fine. BUT there are no good mATX boards for ryzen yet, though the extra 100 dollars from not buying the 1070 could easily buy you one.
>>
>>59867440
i know lol
>>
>>59867377
corsair sf600
enermax revolution sfx 650
both reviewed well on jonnyguru.
>>
OP here. Recommend me an alternative to the i5 7600. I'm limited to 1151 socket.
>>
>>59867494
SF600 is made for those really small cases. If he has a mid-tower might as well get the RM650I or RM650X. If OP is looking to the cream of the crop PSU, then he can get the Ax760i(Flextronics+10 year warranty) or Antec HCP-750(Delta).
>>
>>59867635
i'll grant you that but the title of this thread says best sfx power supply so i'm assuming it's for said small case...
>>
>>59867635
>SF600 is made for those really small cases.

>>59867659
Oh just noticed OP meant SFX. Then yeah the SF600 is an excellent choice.
>>
Corsair. Amusingly enough, even though Silverstone is often miscredited as "creating" the sfx standard (they fucking didnt, by the way, they just brought it to the fore front after over a decade of indifference) their sfx psu's are trash and only corsair's are actually any good. Not to say corsair isn't a generally awful brand piggybacking on undeserved reputation for ram sticks they didn't even design, but Silverstone's sfx efforts have simply been laughable in comparison to a "marketing and design" company desperately wishing they could top apple's absurd market dominance in that respect. Rather, the market is so limeted your choices are literally "shove a triangular hardened steel file down your dickhole or pleasure an increasing line of exceptionally well endowed black fellows using only your eyelashes and your hemorrhoids," well you gotta pick the one that seemed less shit at the time.

And don't get me fucking started on DC/DC pico power supplies and that god-awful pho-german hdplex. 1/5th less volume for 3x the price and one 1000th the credibility of the snake slingers? Yeah, sign me right the fuck up, I'm stupid enough to believe "the little guys care" and targeting mITX fags is narrowly on par with audiophools. Just go ahead and help yourself to copies of my SSN#, a photo library of bananas in my shitter and an autographed picture of myself swolowing cum from DAS BOOT after a 4 hour german gangbang marathon.
>>
>>59867713
>pho-german

What does Vietnamese noodle soup have to do with anything
>>
>>59867377
Seasonic S12II 520w or M12II 520w if you want modular PSU
>>
>>59867713
>pho

it's faux you illiterate troglodyte
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.