[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I’m trying to make a computer programming and robotics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].png (1MB, 620x769px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].png
1MB, 620x769px
Hey /g/,

I’m trying to make a computer programming and robotics club for my community college. What types of things should we do at the club? Right now we got:
• To travel to large firm headquarters (Amazon, Microsoft, Valve ) and tour their facilities and learn more about them.
• To build functioning gamming cabinet with a raspberry pi
• Build a drone from scratch?
• Build a Pi hole ( a Raspberry Pi that once connected to a home router it eliminates ad on said network)
• Build a chat bot for school website
• Make a club GitHub

What things would you wanna do in in a computer programming / robotics club /g/?
>>
>>59862681

create sex dolls
>>
fuck traps
>>
>>59862681
Rice arch
>>
>>59862681
Start with simple things, if you set your goals too high people will get too overwhelmed by complexity of given project and quit, everyone needs to have fun otherwise your club will fail. I was in club once and we were building a drone, needless to say from 15 people initially only me and one more guy stayed till the end of project. When thing started getting complicated people quit. First thing I would suggest to you is to set up some task management system such as JIRA (there are self hosted open source alternatives) to assign tasks to everyone. Not only will you get overview and current status of your project but every one will feel that they are actually contributing something.
>>
I've played with Lego robotics before and they're fun as fuck. However the control units and sensors and servos all cost a boatload of money. Maybe make that a reach goal as the club takes off and gets more funding/support. It's a great way to draw in total newbies because they can still appreciate Lego. Plus the "programming" is like Scratch.
>>
>>59862681
auto milking fleshlight
>>
fizzbuzz, sum primes up to 2 million on whiteboard, installing gentoo
>>
>>59862681
You may look into Pico-8 for Programming beginners,
it's a LUA Based Virtual Console where you can learn to Program Games (or just play them if you want).
You can even edit the Code of the Games while you are playing them.
>>
>>59862681
>>59863003

Don't do a bunch of 12 year old tier garbage like that

you are in college so you have no excuse
>>
>>59865666
Then what adult things should the club do ?
>>
make a chapter of robotics and automation society.

you can get in touch with the real organization and even get funding/project ideas

will take a lot of work, if you are proactive, do it right, the club can outlive you at your community college

might be better to try to integrate it with a bigger uni with a chapter as well if they're nearby
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.