[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Ubuntu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1474287356696.png (33KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
1474287356696.png
33KB, 1191x842px
Canonical is dying.

> More than 80 Canonical workers are facing the axe as founder Mark Shuttleworth has taken back the role of chief executive officer.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/12/80_canonical_staff_face_chop/

Huge cuts plus idiot is back at the helm == doom and gloom for Ubuntu.

What distro do we now switch to?
>>
Ubuntu was at its best when it was a smaller team and Mark was in charge.

It was only in 2010 when he let some vagina start ruling the place that unity, mir, etc turned to crap and everything went downhill year after year.

Ubuntu is about to become greater than ever, again.
>>
>Canonical is dying.

It isn't. It's just getting rid of unprofitable desktop shit.
>>
>>59862036
>What distro do we now switch to?

Xubuntu
>>
wtf i like shuttleworth now
>>
File: 1462750416768.png (6KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1462750416768.png
6KB, 140x140px
>>59862133
kek

>>59862115
as if Ubuntu's the best server OS... it stands no chance.
>>
>>59862036
>Which corporation do we suck off and let them pound us a new asshole?
Red Hat
>>
Daily reminder that pretty much every distro rides on Ubuntu's coattails.
>>
>>59862036
>comes as Shuttleworth assumed the position from CEO of eight years Jane Silber, previously chief operating officer.
>Jane Silber
fucking feminist ruined ubuntu.
>>
>>59862036
Fedora.
>>
>>59862068
>implying feminists haven't ruined tech in general
>>
>>59862036
One that doesn't use systemd?
>>
<picks up mic>
Debian
</drops mic>
And fuck you if you get tilted cos my tags aint legit. CUNT.
>>
>>59862181
Fedora shills on suicide watch
>>
Daily driver: Debian

Messing around: Gentoo
>>
File: 0YmmsuX.jpg (60KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
0YmmsuX.jpg
60KB, 1000x929px
>>59862036
>Canonical is dying.

LIES

CANONICAL HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PROFITABLE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY

REDHAT SHILLS ARE GOING ALL OUT WITH THEIR DISINFO

ALL UBUNTU PHONE AND UNITY DEVELOPERS WILL BE FIRED BECAUSE IT'S SCRAPPED
>>
>>59862036
>idiot is back at the helm

>started the company
>self made millionaire
>idiot
wtf
>>
>>59862181
>fedora
>gnome 3
Sure hope you don't like screen real estate
>>
Ubuntu has over 700 employees. Firing 80 doesn't mean shit to the bigger picture.
>>
>>59862417
It does when you fire all the UI people.
>>
>>59862430
Canonical finally learned desktop Linux is infested by turbo autismo freetards and it's pulling out.
>>
>>59862036
who cares

all linux distros are exactly the same, they should just agree on one so that people don't have to worry about which one to choose
>>
>>59862430

>drops unity
>somehow still needs to employ everyone working on it

Now I know you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>59862527
Ubuntu desktop users never asked for ubuntu phones, tablets, mir, unity. Turbo autismo or not, nobody wanted those. Good thing canonical finally came to its senses.
>>
Why not switch to FreeBSD?

>What is FreeBSD?

FreeBSD is an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms. A large community has continually developed it for more than thirty years. Its advanced networking, security, and storage features have made FreeBSD the platform of choice for many of the busiest web sites and most pervasive embedded networking and storage devices.
>>
>>59862666
>Ubuntu desktop users never asked for ubuntu phones, tablets, mir, unity.
Indeed, and it actually turned "us" away from the distro. I liked Ubuntu best between 8.04 and 10.04, and switched sometime before 11.04. This was the exact time they changed the colour scheme from orange/brown to orange/purple and introduced Unity.

All I ever liked about Ubuntu was the relatively clean Gnome 2 interface and the easy installation. That's it. Maybe it was still easy to install, but the interface began to look like shit. So I went to Fedora, which had a sensible colour scheme and the very interesting Gnome 3, although it wasn't spectacular of course. But it worked, and it worked well even in the first versions. Couldn't say that about Ubuntu and their interface anymore
>>
File: solus-circle.png (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
solus-circle.png
32KB, 512x512px
>>59862036

S O L U S
O
L
U
S
>>
>>59862961
fuck off kevin
>>
>>59862702
FreeBSD codebase is a piece of shit. Literally 57 security vulnerabilities found in one single unfinished formal review. Look it up: PVS and FreeBSD
>>
>>59863305
Fuck off, Michael!
>>
>>59862328
Daily driver: Ubuntu

Messing around: Debian
>>
Daily driver: Hannah Montana Linux
Messing around: Windows 10
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.