[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Privacy Conscious Advertising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

I thought I'd ask /g/ because the users here believe in privacy.

I want to start my own news/opinion website but I want to be straightforward and part of the culture of the website not to track users information. I still want it to make money through advertising so Google Adsense is obviously out of the question.

Do you guys know of any advertisers that have this sort of mindset?
>>
Why not just use static HTML so that it's so cheap to host you wont have to worry about ads at all?
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (42KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
42KB, 680x400px
You came to the right place, OP.
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (53KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
53KB, 680x400px
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (65KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
65KB, 680x400px
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (55KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
55KB, 680x400px
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (61KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
61KB, 680x400px
>>
>>59859183
this
not automatically blocked by ad/ublock and won't bother users by slowing down browsers

something like "x helps pay our hosting fees, you should check them out if you're looking for y" and a static image
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (79KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
79KB, 680x400px
>>
>>59859183
Because I am hoping and anticipating the site to be popular and I want to generate revenue.
>>
>>59859260
>>59859183
Am I misunderstanding you both?
>>
>>59859284
probably not, we're both telling you not to use ad networks since they track users anyway
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (64KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
64KB, 680x400px
>>59859266
You got a friend in Japan. Look at these simple, unobtrusive, quiet static images.
>>
First of all, ip addresses are going to be tracked by your hosting provider / isp. So there's that. If that doesn't matter to you, then take my suggestion:

have other sites sponsor you and give them a banner space. have a random banner load server side when you refer to an image. user IPs and timestamps need to be tracked if you want ad metrics though, so metrics may not be available for your sponsors. You'll have to find sponsors that really care a lot about your cause. Enough to basically make a tiny regular payment for putting up a banner campaign. You could on the other hand measure your own metrics and give them a daily active user count. You're still collecting IP addresses though.
>>
Do you think there's some kind of happy medium? An ad provider that collects data but does not sell it? I guess that's silly. Why would they collect it if they had no intention of selling it?
>>
>>59859318
I honestly don't even mind these J-list images in the middle of the page.
I kept scrolling down several times without realizing it was an ad.

I can dig it.
>>
>>59859589
You're really driving away a lot of users if you put adult themed ads on your page. Especially embarrassing ones with cartoons. Who the fuck is going to stay on that page if they're just trying to read an article in public on their phone, and it makes them look like a perverted weeb?
>>
File: J-LIST.jpg (75KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
J-LIST.jpg
75KB, 680x400px
>>59859672
What kind of things are you doing with candy?
>>
>>59859739
THERE'S a sensible ad for everyone. Nice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.