[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is going on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7878.png (23KB, 583x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7878.png
23KB, 583x438px
So I was just browsing /b/. Not posting anything just looking around. All of a sudden my web browser closes. I for a second believed it just glitches, then 5 folders from my desktop were opened in a instant. I shut down my computer immediately and have no idea what the fuck is going on. Does anyone here know what is going on? What can I do?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>59857950
Ur a faget, nuke it from orbit.
>>
>>59857950
stay away from /b/, much 1337 h2x0rs there
>>
>>59857950
Download spybot:search and destroy, and MSSE on a flashdrive on a different system, boot your infected PC in safe mode, and run those in succession.
Option 2:
If you're not a scrub you should have a working knowledge of what processes should be running. Isolate the bullshit ones, figure out which programs are running it. Zap proccess, zap program, make sure your start up folder is clean and your registry hasn't be compromised.
>>
>>59857998
(might as well stay away from /pol/ and /jp/ too, while you're at it)
>>
sounds like you have a rootkit. someone might have access to your computer and have been opening those folders on their own screen. you can try various system scans and whatnot like malwarebytes or spybot, but unfortunately those aren't guaranteed to help you in this case. the safest thing to do would be to completely wipe your hard drive and reinstall the OS. that's what i'd do without hesitation just to be safe.
>>
File: hacking in process.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hacking in process.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>59857950
It was me.
unplug your internet.
>>
>>59857950
>So I was just browsing /b/
Found the issue.
>>
Gotta say that's pretty fucking weird.

Go into full panic mode if you haven't already. Whipe and re-install the operating system on the machine in question. Use another machine (you should always keep one) to make a bootable install disc or whatever you might need. Don't reconnect the machine in question back to the internet.

Change all your passwords all that shit.
>>
How the hell are you posting if you shut off your computer?
Fake and gay thread, kys
>>
>>59857998
Learned, but kind of late for that now .

>>59858000
>>59858034
I'm kind of a scrub. Right now my computer is shut down, so they can't do anything right. Also is there any chance they have access to my wifi? Or anything else other than what's on my laptop? Really freaking out

>>59858361
I shut it down the second stuff happened . Is it really needed?

>>59858384
On my phone.

Long story short my computer is shut down now. Is it safe to go into safe mode? Can they do anything while my computer is off?
>>
>>59858832
>On my phone.
mods?
>>
>>59858361
I have a backup of my computer from a year ago, will that work? I really don't want to lose my stuff.

Am I safe loading in safe mode?
>>
Please if anyone can help me please do. I'm really freaking out and don't know what to do.
>>
>>59858978
Install gentoo
>>
>>59859093
What is gentoo? How will it help?
>>
Can anyone at least say if they think it's safe to go into safe mode? I'm happy facing this head on I just don't know anything about what I'm doing.
>>
probably a malformed webm or jpg, BANG, buffer overflow
update your browser
>>
People browse /b/?
>>
>>59859454
So what happens if I turn on my computer what happens? How can I reach this point when a jacket basically has my computer st gunpoint ?
>>
Maybe it's a malware or some shit from a program you downloaded a while ago? Do you know what backdoor and RAT is? Google it then learn how to use a computer properly next time.

All you need to now is reinstall your OS, format all the partitions
>>
>>59859687
ransomware ovbiously nigga
>>
>>59859755
Is there any guides to doing this? Does this get rid of all files on my computer? >>59859792
>>
>>59859855
How the fuck you can not do the most basic shit ever like reinstall Windows

>Does this get rid of all files on my computer?
Technically no, but your files is strongly encrypted and you have to pay for the key to get it back
>>
>>59859979
There's no other way? I can't go into safe mode and get rid of it?
>>
>>59859979
Or could I at least check in safe mode what's going on before wiping my whole computer?
>>
>>59860315
install linux on a bootable usb and see if you can open any files
>>
>>59860334
How do I open up Linux on the USB?
>>
>>59860408
Git gud and kys. Fucking google
>>
First, is this a laptop or a desktop? Is your connection wired or wireless?
>>
File: serveimage.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>59860408
>>
>falling for this bait
>>
>>59860408
Install YUMI or something and create a bootable USB u retarded fuck
>>
>>59860429
>>59860443
I'm sorry I'll look it up. I really am a idiot when it comes to this stuff. I don't know why it's even fucking happening.
>>
>>59860436
Laptop and wireless.
>>
Open the computer up, remove the motherboard, throw it in your backyard and spray it down with a hose, should solve anh issues
>>
>>59860408

You either download tool like Rufus on another PC as well as ISO of bootable Linux distro of your choice (there are "recovery" distros around the net as well, but any will do) and make bootable USB drive with it, or just burn "live cd" version of any distro and run from there. When starting PC, press F12 to select boot device. Pretty easy even for total "greens".
>>
>>59860408
>How do I open up Linux on the USB?
lmao

If not trolling, unplug ethernet/remove WiFi card. Then just do a Malwarebytes search.
>>
>>59860622
Thank you. Is it possible to create this Linux USB thing on a MacBook? That's the only other computer I have.

also is it not safe to go into my computer in safe mode with the wi fi turned off?
>>
>>59858978
put in some linux live CD to backup your data, scan it and if it's safe reinstall your PC
>>
>/g/ getting this butthurt over a non-technological person

Maybe he just bad at computers, maybe he have a social life
>>
>>59858025
>/pol/
Yeah you wouldn't want your political beliefs challenged would you?
>>
>>59860721

I never used any Apple OS so I dont know if Rufus works on it but even if not, there surely are other ways to create bootable USB on Mac. I wouldnt be surprised if it have build-in tools for that already. Either way, simply searching for, say, "MacOS bootable USB software" should give you answer you need. Rufus is just really lightweight and dont require installation, thats all.

>also is it not safe to go into my computer in safe mode with the wi fi turned off?

If you got really nasty infection (and lets just assume that you did), the safest thing you can do is to run different OS from other drive to minimize risk of said infection spreading or preventing you from removing it. When system is infected, malware can and will actively fight removal and/or hide its presence, so even running AV software on infected OS might not help. When you run different, uninfected OS, you have actual chance of detection and removal. People here suggested you to run some Linux distro, since most malware is created with Windows or (less often) with Macs in mind, with Linux distros generally ignored (too much work to make sure it actually runs on huge number of different distros and most Linux machines works as servers or desktops designated to perform same and single task, like lab station control, with only small % being home desktops).

I dont want to sound pessimistic, but even after removal, you still cant be sure if malware in question didnt left security holes or backdoors, making future infections easier to perform. The best you could do would be formatting drives, reinstalling OS and loading latest backup.
>>
>>59860557
To be safe, you should probably get ready to change all your passwords and cancel your credit cards (assuming such things were on your computer). Obviously, don't try to change anything from your computer until you've verified that it is clean. It doesn't look like there's much you can do to prevent it from connecting if you reboot it, but the best you can really do is try to restart it, and if it boots, try running as many virus scanners as possible.
>>
>>59860891
People go to /pol/ because they don't want their beliefs challenged.
>>
>>59860989
t. shariablue
>>
>>59861001
>t. (((alt-right))) basement dweller
>>
File: Screenshot_20170412-144229.png (859KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170412-144229.png
859KB, 1440x2560px
>>59861007
Daily reminder.
>>
>>59860978
He should be able do disable networking in bios?
>>
>>59857950
Let me guess. Windows?
>>
>>59861032
Anyone can edit Wikipedia, you know. And Trump thinks the alt-right is a bunch of cucks.

>>59861041
I don't think they're qualified to modify the BIOS.
>>
>>59861068
>I was wrong every step of the way during the election season but I know exactly what Trump thinks

Nah, you're a fucking retard and backed the wrong horse, Pablo.
>>
>>59861032
>>59861084
>>59861068
How the fuck did this thread Turn into a trump argument? How?

>>59861046
Yup.

Also I might be able to modify the BIOS... if i knew what that was.

And if I shut off all internet do I need to worry about usernames and passwords?
>>
>>59861261
install /g/entoo
>>
>>59861261
Drumpf fags will get assblasted over everything related to their surgar daddy.
>>
>>59861279
Must suck to only have pathetic memes and fantasies while we actually won the election. Enjoy the next 8 years fuckboy.
>>
>>59857950
It sounds like a magnetic virus. I’d open your computer and pass a magnet on your hard drive, it’ll be attracted to it, thus leaving the computer safe.
>>
>>59861279
>>59861290
Jesus Christ our country is going to shit.

Also I've only used a credit card on steam and eBay. I changed it for eBay, but is steam needed as well? It's not saved onto it.
>>
Figure out what's wrong before panicking ...Google "Linux USB recovery drive" and read that shit to figure that out...Then boot that and get your files off the drive...Easy as that, and hey, you might actually learn something along the way.
>>
>>59861261
>Also I might be able to modify the BIOS... if i knew what that was.
BIOS is a scary configuration menu you access by pressing F1/F2/Delete while your computer is starting, and before Windows starts loading. Button varies depending on PC; if Windows starts loading, press the power button to turn it off and try a different key.
Avoid modifying anything but the Boot order; move USB to the first slot so that the system in the USB starts before the one in your HDD.
>And if I shut off all internet do I need to worry about usernames and passwords?
Make sure your computer has zero access to the internet, and try to avoid starting Windows. You should be fine.
Do ask more questions when you need help, and try some irc channels for more help.
>>
>>59861456
Thank you so much. Really do appreciate it.

My plan was to turn off my router, log on into safe mode, and check it out. People are telling me to us Linux , so I guess I'll check about doing that first. But is it a bad idea to just shut off all internet and go in ?
>>
>>59861518
install gentoo
>>
>>59861518
I'd avoid going in, since there's no guarantee your PC will completely recover anyway. Safe mode is kind of a meme nowadays, and your PC might be in a scary state right now, so your best bet is to find another PC (an old, unused one is fine; you can try asking a friend in the worst case), download a program called Rufus, and then download an ISO file for a Linux version of your choice (Mint and Ubuntu are good in your case).
Use Rufus to burn the ISO to an USB drive (make sure it's empty first), and use the LiveCD function to access your files from it.
You should try to take your needed files, and perform a format on the HDD to get rid of the virus for good. However, since the files may be infected, consider how and when you got the virus. If you don't have anything of value, or already have backups of important stuff somewhere else, you can format without worry.
Then, get another USB, use Microsoft's installation tool to make it into a bootable USB, and reinstall Windows from that (please install 7, avoid 10 at all costs). You might need to do some piracy stuff afterwards, assuming you don't have access do your key, but you should be fine otherwise. You can also install Mint or Ubuntu, though you might have some trouble if you don't have much experience.
You can find tutorials for most things mentioned here and in the thread; Google is your best friend when dealing with computers.
>>
Use your phone fag
>>
How big of a file is Linux? I have a computer but it doesn't have much space.
>>
>>59860989
The truth is, it's the exact opposite. Nobody comes to /pol/ knowing what /pol/ knows.
>>
>>59862492

ISO is usually under 4gb. Cant recall how installed one weight, but again - you only have to run it from dvd or usb.
>>
I'm starting to question if this is even a big virus. The last thing I downloaded was last month, wouldn't it have done something before now?
>>
File: 1488489876458.jpg (1MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
1488489876458.jpg
1MB, 5472x3648px
>>59861279
Stupid overt communist piece of shit
>>
>>59858194
Why don't we have Hollywood oses yet?
>>
>>59863184
>I'm starting to question if this is even a big virus. The last thing I downloaded was last month, wouldn't it have done something before now?

From the sound of it, your problem isn't a virus, it's a rootkit/RAT/trojan or some other such thing. It doesn't matter how much time has gone by. Whoever infected your computer could have been stealing shit from other people's computers in the meantime or just happened to not check for new infections for a while... Or they could have been monitoring you this whole time, who knows.
You could have gotten an infection through tons of other means that just downloading something though.

You sound like someone who doesn't know how to computer, so honestly I'd recommend ignoring the stuff about running Linux from a USB to clean your computer without booting Windows. You need to have some idea of what you're doing for that to have any chance of saving your computer.

Here's what I would recommend: Completely disconnect your computer from the internet, boot it up, transfer whatever important files you need onto a temporary medium like a flash drive or external hard drive, and completely wipe your hard drive. DBAN is a good tool for this, but there's many. After you wipe it, reinstall Windows (or Linux, Mint/Ubuntu/Zorin are beginner-friendly) and scan the fuck out of whatever files you saved from the old install before putting them back onto your hard drive,
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.