[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mini ITX server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 41f7M6wF4dL.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41f7M6wF4dL.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
Hello /g
> What so you thing about building a server on mini ITX card
with something like this one : https://www.amazon.fr/Carte-m%C3%A8re-processeur-PCI-Express-Management/dp/B01M599DZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491986821&sr=8-1&keywords=ASRock+D1521D4I
>>
>>59855243
y_doe.jpeg
>>
>>59855254
can you be more specific ? plz
>>
better get a Ryzen 1700 for that project.
>>
You know you can build "servers" with standard $100 mini itx boards right?
>>
>>59855316
yes, absolutely
but i would like something more powerfull than an atom ..
Need to run qemu with ~10 vm
>>
>>59855342
Right so get an itx board and put a ryzen on it with plenty of ram.
>>
>>59855361
ryzen superior for server ?
does it support well virtualisation?
>>
not enough sata ports my man, you'd have to go with unreliably large drives for mini ixt
>>
>>59855439
yes
you 'r right
But i have a nas accesible in local network
>>
>>59855342
Not looking at the awesomeness that is the C3000 denverton Atoms?

Those I/Os are just too good.
>>
>>59855464
no, you just dont get it, if its not a xeon with at LEAST 6 drives then its just not a real sever.
>>
>>59855423
you can a Ryzen with double the cores/threads with 1 GHz higher clockspeed plus mobo for the price of that Xeon/expensive mobo.
>>
How can you ever set up your own server? Like do you just open your modem ports and forward them to your server? Isn't your home wifi incredibly exposes to attacks now?
>>
>>59856125
for a webserver you need a static IP from your provider.
>>
>>59856149
yes for sur
>>59856089
well Ryzen look god, but 80W O_o
ouch
>>
>>59856161
R7 1700 and R5 1600 are both 65 W TDP at stock speeds.
>>
>>59856149
You can use a dynamic DNS server. What I mean is what about the open ports? Are they unsafe?
>>
>>59856565
The server could be placed in a DMz network that does not have access to your normal network. This way if it gets hacked they can't get to anything but that server. You could restrict the servers ability to make outbound connections to the internet as well, which would make it pretty hard for a hacker to gain shell access to the server.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.