[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't browse 4chan in pure code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4chan.png (759KB, 1127x5262px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
759KB, 1127x5262px
>he doesn't browse 4chan in pure code
>>
>>59854888
>He's autistic.
>>
>>59854888
I'm equally intrigued and disgusted
>>
>>59854888
Move all that into a separate file for internationalization support.
>>
>>59854888
I don't do that, but I wrote a python script that parses /f/ for me.
It handles hashes to prevent downloading files I already have and uses a json database for all the multiple renamed files.
Also parses the swf files and determines if they are uncompressed, lzma, or zlib.
If uncompressed or zlib, it adds data like resolution, numbers of frames to the json database.
With all the rune moons, it's helped me realize how shitty python 3 is at handling unicode. Works fine in most terminals, but on windows you are better of just replacing everything outside of the cmd/powershell's code page.
>>
>>59855200
mono font, notice how the wide characters are twice the size of normal characters, this confuses python's build in 'format'
I'm aware that there is a way to detect wide characters in the Unicode package, and I can use that to subtract the max amount of characters allowed to display, but meh.
It's pajeet tier code.
>>
>>59854888
Wow that's so cool are you like the matrix or something?
>>
>>59855277
That's so damn cool, I also want to do it, what app do you use? Can you download it from the appstore or do you need some hacker skills to download it from the pc computer?
>>
File: ɯnıpǝɯ.jpg (10KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
ɯnıpǝɯ.jpg
10KB, 64x64px
>>59854888
>3 eights
>html
>code
Pick too.
>>
>>59855200
Had the same idea 9 years ago
Eventually expanded to other boards, then boorus, then wrote a custom database in C for speeding up access, which, after hitting a million images, became quite slow

Collection is 9TB btw, 18TB of disk space used if you count redundancy
>>
>>59854888
DELET
>>
>>59855200
> how shitty python 3 is at handling unicode

you don't have a clue do you?
>>
>>59854888
>he can't post
That website is useless OP.
>>
>>59855200
>It handles hashes to prevent downloading files I already have
how do you get a hash before downloading?

i noticed that in the html source you can see the hash when browsing some 4cha archival sites, but not on 4chan itself

did you mean : download, hash, and then discard if repeated?
or do you hash the thumbnail? assuming the same resource uploaded will have the same thumb is the server just uses embedded thumbs

also

>>59855200
>>59856973
post your scripts?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.