[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surveillance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3575.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3575.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
What are the chances everything I've said on this site and other sites like Facebook are logged into a profile kinda like that scene from the matrix where agent smith has a whole file on Neo?

Anyone know to what degree info is collected on specific individuals?
>>
100% if you're targeted, 99% if you're not
>>
google recognizes patterns of websites visited and stuff even if you're not logged in. if i went to my brothers house across the country and surfed the internet there for like 20 minutes they would know that it's me based on my browsing habits

even if I don't use google search. all the sites use google analytics, including this one.

i'm certain that they know who I am too, because i pay for my internet and that is attached to my real name and address.

i'm not legally at risk but it would be pretty embarrassing if someone ever dialed up my comments and web searches.
>>
If you're using mostly https sites, they wouldn't be able to know the content of your emails or posted content.

Basically they can only know what your ISP can know. Such as which IPs you connect from and which IPs you accessed. But not the content of your communications, if you're using mostly https sites.

And assuming the user is not accessing sites with untrusted certificates. Then a MitM attack can't see the content of your communication with a server.

Most sites have https now, btw.
>>
>>59853942
>all the sites use google analytics, including this one.

That's why there is a Chrome extension which blocks GA, effectively removing and blocking the JS script which makes GA work.

You are given an option to install that extension when you install Chrome.
>>
>>59854004

that assumes the sites aren't owned and the crypto isn't broken. the nsa employs a lot of math phds.
>>
>>59854036
I don't do anything that could possibly interest the NSA. I also don't live in the USA.

And, as much as I'm aware the NSA does bulk data collection at the level of internet backbone, I don't think there's anything remotely interesting to them about me.

But anyway, I suppose NSA employees don't spend their precious time trying to break SSL encryption to read my posts on a mongolian basketweave knitting board.
>>
>>59854156
You'd be surprised what the US Government does to find dirt on private citizens
>>
>>59854024
>Chrome
Caring about surveillance
>>
>>59853815
Did you click the "I'm not a cuck" button to post here?
You can read more about how it works in the privacy terms
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.