[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree this was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gateway.jpg (67KB, 280x279px) Image search: [Google]
gateway.jpg
67KB, 280x279px
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree this was the most effective personal computer marketing schemes of the late 20th/early 21st century, right?
>>
File: 1484496636629.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1484496636629.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>59850711
I was a normalfag until I discovered GNU/Linux in 2008. What the fuck is that? I need a quick rundown.
>>
>>59851021
You're still a normalfag, dumb frogposter
>>
>>59851021
How can you be old enough to have been using Linux for almost a decade and not know what Gateway is? I bet you don't know about eMachines either.
>>
They were the best computers. Fuck Apple, Dell, and HP.

And anyways, we drink cow's milk so why not use Gateway computers?
>>
>>59851058
>we drink cow's milk
Not for long
>>
>>59851054
I'm using an emachines keyboard right now. My last desktop was a gateway. I still don't get the pic in the OP.
>>
>>59850711
I've got a modern Gateway mini PC but it's just an Acer rebrand. RIP.
>>
>>59850711
Dell guy was more effective IMO.
>>
I still don't understand the cow thing, guys.

Were they calling us cattle?
>>
>>59851401
It was an Iowa based company with a cow for a mascot, the boxes were all about brand recognition.
>>
>>59851437
Do you think there's a warehouse somewhere full of unassembled gateway boxes?
>>
>>59851478
I've never thought about that but now I hope there is
>>
>>59851155
I wonder what the Dell guy is up to these days

Didn't he go to jail for a while for something? I remember people saying "Dude, you're gettin' a cell" for a while, mocking the whole ad campaign.
>>
>>59850711
I had one for college
Had the original 1GHz Athlon in it
Shit was so cash but they used shitty hdds
>>
>>59851478
They were all destroyed on the Great Iowa Flood
>>
>>59851499
He got busted with a decent amount of weed but I can't remember if he actually did time or if it was just pro-b
>>
When I was a kid, Gateway computers were so awesome and looked amazing, but I was never able to get one.
>>
>>59851554
I still have one of their ~235lb cases from 2001 somewhere in the house.
>>
>>59850711
They were pretty legit. I'm still using my vx920 from 2001
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.