[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to start a local door-to-door computer business in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1471513859033.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471513859033.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
So I want to start a local door-to-door computer business in my area. There's a huge potential market for it in my area, because no one else seems to be doing it around here. I know very little about how to establish a business. My plan as of now is to just start advertising my services on Craiglist and maybe the local newspaper, so I can start generating revenue ASAP. I know that I'll need a business license, which costs $60 in my state. Are there any other licenses and fees that I need to be aware of before I jump into this?
>>
>>59848236
I wouldn't do door to door computer service. In house computer service is a huge bitch and kind of sketchy if you have to go to not-so-great neighborhoods

I would rather turn your house into a computer store then advertise your business as such.
>>
>>59848236
>door-to-door computer business in my area

I'm not sure anybody is going to respond well to a nerd at their door, holding an enormous desktop case asking, "Do you have any computing that needs to be done?" I'm pretty sure most people are capable of doing the amount of computing they need.
>>
Paste a "WE FIX YOUR COMPUTER" flyer somewhere a lot of people go
>>
>>59848276

There's a bunch of upscale retirement communities in the area that I plan on targeting. There's really nothing to worry about in my area.
>>
>>59848236
You should probably get a startup business book from Amazon so you don't have to figure it all out on your own. Get a payments book while you are there so you can keep track of earnings for the tax man.

You definitely want to look into drawing up a simple payment contract so you don't get ripped off too.

Good luck man, wishing you well.
>>
>>59848236
>door-to-door
On a scale from 1-10, how succulent would your buttocks be to a muscular man fresh out of prison who knows it ain't gay to be the top?
>>
If I was you i would do advertising door to door and then set your house as the base. Do some call outs for extra.
>>
File: 1491847376310.png (199KB, 350x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491847376310.png
199KB, 350x439px
>>59848281
he's talking about normies, he's gonna make a killing with the grandma's that have XP still and the pedophiles looking for a shota to rape
>>
>>59848281

I would only be going to their house after an appointment is made. I've done this type of work before, for another small company in different area. People seem to respond just fine to this sort of service.
>>
>>59848340

Bingo (excuse the pun)

That's the whole idea
>>
>>59848327
>>59848336

Thanks for the advice, anons.
>>
>>59848281
Have you ever talked to a random person about computers?

Like at a so-ci-al event or such?

The average smuck knows sweet nothing about the seemingly magical electronics that they use every day.
They take out extended insurance and repair plans on everything. They pay for rental cloud storage backup services and anti virus subscriptions they never activate. They are thick as molasses.

Ive been asked several times in the last 6 months to upgrade AM2/775/1156 systems to windows 10. Every time i laugh to myself and charge them $400 for a g4560 shoebox, stores sell them for $450+
>>
>>59848514
It was a joke about going door to door selling computing, and not computer repairs and upgrades, because OP didn't mention anything about what he'd be selling, just "computers".

Have you been to a "so-ci-al" event "or such"?
>>
>>59848236
>business license
>capitalism

huh?
>>
>>59848565

OP here.

Just realized that I worded my post wrong. I didn't mean door-to-door, as in a door-to-door salesman kinda gig. I simply meant that I'd be doing the repairs at the customer's house (if they so wish) AFTER scheduling the appointment through advertising.
>>
File: rotund-software-man.png (228KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
rotund-software-man.png
228KB, 640x377px
>>59848281
>*knock knock*
>Hello sir! Have you hurd the good G'NUs?

What would you do?
>>
>>59848236
insurance
>>
>>59849525
libre boot the filthy hobo off my stoop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.