[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to explain why you aren't using Spacemacs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: spacemacs.jpg (5KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
spacemacs.jpg
5KB, 215x234px
You have ten seconds to explain why you aren't using Spacemacs.
>>
It's lincucks.
>>
>>59847217
Because Emacs is a terrible editor.
Yes I tried it.
>>
>>59847217
not based on superior electron
>>
>>59847217
I use space vim. It's pretty.
>>
>>59847217
janky as fuck
>>
>>59847217
Never heard of it, I already switched to neovim.
Can I go on now? I need to do stuff.
>>
>>59847217
I'm using regular Emacs. Why should I be using Spacemacs? I'm pretty new to Emacs so you still could convince me to change my ways. Also considering Evil mode
>>
>>59847941
I tried evil mode. It will drive you insane because every second buffer will turn it off. Wasted a week trying to configure it and eventually gave up. Would recommend just using vim/neovim
>>
>>59847217
I can't activate it with CIA nigger's license.
>>
>>59847217
I'm using it. Pretty cool.

>>59847941
Layers and vim controls.
>>
>>59847217
I don't want to learn lisp.
>>
>>59847217
nano. enough said.
>>
>>59847217
vanilla emacs is already too slow and clunky for my taste.
>>
I'm not an octopus so I use vim
>>
One thing I dislike about emacs is that it can't display graphics in a terminal emulator.

w3m can do that, but emacs requires creating a whole new window that doesn't obey my terminal settings.
>>
The Right Size of Software

There is a hidden dual of the Unix gospel of small, sharp tools; a background so implicit that many Unix practitioners do not notice it, any more than fish notice the water they swim in. It is the presence of frameworks.

Small, sharp tools in the Unix style have trouble sharing data, unless they live inside a framework that makes communication among them easy. Emacs is such a framework, and unified management of shared context is what the optional complexity of Emacs is buying. The practical impact of unified management of shared context is that the user is not burdened with low-level naming and resource-management issues.

In old-school Unix, the only framework was pipelines, redirection, and the shell; the integration was done with scripts, and the shared context was (essentially) the file system itself. But that was not the end of evolution.

Emacs unifies the file system with a world of text buffers and helper processes, largely leaving the shell framework behind. Wily is also about buffers and helpers, but incorporates the shell framework into itself. Modern desktop environments provide a communication framework for GUIs, also leaving the shell framework behind. Each framework has strengths and weaknesses of its own. Frameworks become homes to ecologies of tools — the shell to shellscripts, Emacs to Lisp modes, and desktop environments to flocks of GUIs communicating both via drag and drop and by more esoteric means such as object brokers.
>>
>>59847217
I just use eclipse
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.