[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AM4 mainboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 944x531.jpg (160KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
944x531.jpg
160KB, 944x531px
Let's talk about AM4 mainboards,
What's the issue here?

Why don't the manufactures release more boards, especially in µATX and MiniITX format?

And what's up with the non existing X370 platform on smaller form factor?

Quality VRMs are also a deciding factor whether your system will be efficient or not.

All I see on B350 boards are shitty VRMs and Mosfets and sparely used, 4+3 is the most you get on small form factor mainboards.

This is a severe issue, atleast for me.
I want a quality mainboard, now.
>>
>>59843596
officially, AMD's SFF performance chipset is designated as X300. However, some manufacturers are rolling out X370 SFF boards, likely after some initial period AMD set
>>
>Why does a 2 month old platform not have as rich an ecosystem as a 5 year old platform?
>>
>>59843596
Because they're having a hell of a time making decent BIOS.

They were getting good BIOS on the last microcode, but then the new microcode undid so much they were working on as workarounds for the last microcode to improve performance.

It doesn't look like things will really settle with BIOS until late May.

Board manufacturers don't want to have to support 20 different boards each with various BIOS updates and testing and validation on them all.
>>
>>59843641
I thought the X300 does not allow for things like overclocking?
>>
>>59844393

It should, it is the higher tier chipset meant for SFF.

Anyway I managed to pick up an AssRock X370 Taichi today. One of 5 in stock across Canada kek. Looking forward to getting the system up and running.
>>
IIRC the main advantage of x370 vs what ever the other one is, is more pci lanes which is useless on miniITX because only 1 x16 slot
>>
>>59844493
>>
>>59844528
>x370 has more usb 3.1 g1 ports, more sata ports, more pci-express lanes, and multi-gpu support.
>>
>>59843596
The only motherboards worth buying currently are

B350 - Asrock AB350 Pro4
X370 - Asrock Taichi
>>
>>59844546
All of that comes from the CPU itself (besides multi-GPU, who cares?) the chipset (B vs X) just adds extra.
>>
The ridiculous size of AMD's cooler connector has killed my dreams of a mini-STX APU powered HTPC
>>
>>59844675
Buy a low profile noctua?
>>
>>59844675
You talking about the spire? There's the Stealth too but I dunno what uses it.
>>
>>59844617
see
>>59844528
>>
>>59844870
I thought the 1400 came with the Stealth
>>
>>59844931
Yes? That's what I said, all that what you find on the chipset is already on the CPU itself, the chipset(being x370 and b350) just add more.
You can remove the chipsets from the boards and you can still have SATA/USB 3.1/etcetc
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 387x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 387x550px
>>
I'm actually happy with my Asus Prime B350 Plus so far. They already released the AGESA update and I flashed it last night. Going to try and get my memory stable at 3200 tonight.
>>
>tfw bought a i5 6600k back in November
meh. Maybe I'll build a cheap htpc with ryzen or the new pentium.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.