[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 52

File: randomlyfrombooru.png (779KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
randomlyfrombooru.png
779KB, 640x1024px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:
>>59814446
>>
>>59833870
>Is it bad for your headphones to have them at full volume for extended periods of time?
Not unless you give them too much power and either fry the voice coil or run into driver excursion limits. Audibly loud volume isn't a good way to tell. Excursion limits will cause audible distortion and voice coil fries in an instant once its thermal limit is exceeded. Better check what manufacturer specifies as their maximum power limit and compare that to what your amp can deliver. 'Full power' varies a lot as do headphone power handling. If nothing has happened so far, you need not to worry. You aren't wearing them out.
>>
File: 1491348717465.png (86KB, 337x441px) Image search: [Google]
1491348717465.png
86KB, 337x441px
As far as the real world is concerned, high-end audio lost its credibility during the 1980s, when it flatly refused to submit to the kind of basic honesty controls (double-blind testing, for example) that had legitimized every other serious scientific endeavor since Pascal. This refusal is a source of endless derisive amusement among rational people and of perpetual embarrassment for me.
>>
>>59842250
>:thinking:
I've always seen high-end audio is the laughing stock of the industry.
>>
is zeos actually married or is his "wife" just his cousin
>>
File: 1409054758976.jpg (279KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1409054758976.jpg
279KB, 2048x1365px
reposting, so far I have HD600 and K612.

>Budget
~£200, flexible

>Location
England

>Source
Fiio x1, PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Closed, but could do open

>Comfort level
Would be willing to compromise for better sound

>Sound signature
Neutral, but willing to toy with others

I listen to a lot of ethereal, dreamy and ambient type stuff - I'd like music like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnYw4EwYGc to sound good

Thanks!
>>
>>59842810
>wife OR cousin
>Not both
>>
>>59842864
>Closed
>full size
>Comfortable
>willing to mess around with non-neutral
Why not the DT770?
>>
File: 20170409_145758.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_145758.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
He 350 owner. Actually living in a very hot place....
All pads sealed with glue last about a month. Are there any pads with no glue. I think i will just dye the foam to black for now.... :( (last pair: dekoni premium pleather)
>>
>>59842864
You might like HD380 Pro.

I have that w/fulla2 to use at work, and HD600 w/schiitstack at home.
>>
File: 1477874706340.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1477874706340.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I have a great neutral solid state amp for every day, but I'm looking for something more fun in addition.

Some OTL tube amps like the Crack are tempting but I fear it wouldn't play well with my headphones outside of the HD650 (which I don't use much for music anyway) as the others are fairly low impedance. I may buy the HD800S one day, but still.

Something fun, that looks good, makes environmentalists cry, and has a low noise floor basically. Any ideas?
>>
HD650 + high ammount of sub bass EQ

vs

DT990 + high ammount of negative treble EQ

I'm leaning towards the HD650 because it looks like it's much easier to simply raise the bass than to EQ everything else on the DT990. There's also the mids which as far as I know the HD650 is superior in that regard but I'd like other opinions
>>
>>59843848
You'll get massive distortion if you EQ the low end on 650's up. The distortion is already audible without EQ.
>>
File: woods.jpg (579KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
woods.jpg
579KB, 1600x1063px
What kind of headphones do I need for post-black? Or any other very atmospheric music you can get immersed in?
Please take a look at the example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbYWynjhUs
Open, closed, bassy, neutral, v-shaped?
I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.
>>
File: 1491831762168.jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1491831762168.jpg
7KB, 229x220px
>>59843883
>The distortion is already audible without EQ.
>>
>>59843885
Open with good stage, neutral or slightly bright.
>>
File: jms.png (2MB, 647x892px) Image search: [Google]
jms.png
2MB, 647x892px
Wich headphones are better? Audio technica msr7 or beyerdynamic dt 800
>>
File: 1482481554370.png (392KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1482481554370.png
392KB, 451x619px
>>59844200
I've read that bright causes the imperfection of recordings to come out and make listening tiresome.
Black metal in general is known for it's imperfect sound, boosting this aspect would probably help the atmosphere but might also make it unlistenable.
I guess open is kind of obvious if I want to get immersed though.
>>
>>59843885
Metal.

Anything other than NEUTRAL will make it into a mush.

As always, open will sound better at the same cost.

I'd suggest just going with the known-good option: HD600.
>>
>>59843883
>You'll get massive distortion if you EQ the low end on 650's up. The distortion is already audible without EQ.
What...

Have you made some breakthrough in distortion audibility research/testing or just talking out the ass based on some THD plots and weird ideas of EQ?
>>
File: mpv-shot0019.jpg (904KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0019.jpg
904KB, 1920x1080px
>>59843848
HD600 > HD650 in general.

You needn't believe me. Just google a bit, watch youtube reviews, you'll see what the consensus is.
>>
>>59844561
But I've read that hd 600 is boring because it's too neutral. I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>59843885
>Open, closed, bassy, neutral, v-shaped?
None of that has any relation to the genre or type of music you listen to. There is no tie-in or generalization to make here. It's all about your preference.

>I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.
Go neutral or spend a lot of time researching and listening to headphones to form a solid opinion which could still be just that, neutral.

On average listeners tend to prefer something that is essentially neutral with low bass boost. You could do that with EQ or achieve any other sort of response with EQ afterwards if you are displeased with neutral. If your musical taste is limited to black metal, it almost uniformly lacks the lowest bass notes so you might basically get the same experience with a simply neutral pair without the often bass boost, too. But this is subjective enough that I can't tell you exactly what you like, just making an educated guess.

>>59844382
Yeah if I was mixing most black metal tracks I'd already be toning down the highs a lot. I see no reason why you'd want to emphasize that part even further but hey, maybe someone likes it.

>>59844753
As much as I hate the ideas people have about frequency response and "boring" or "fun", the idea that neutral equals boring is the most ridiculous out of them all. If you are listening to a piece of music that sound boring through equipment that doesn't alter it, doesn't that say more about the quality of the music rather than the gear which did exactly what it was supposed to?
>>
is it true if you took apart a pair of skullcandies or beats it'll only amount to 16 bucks in mechanical parts?
>>
>>59844817
Could probably say that about the majority of headphones which use plastic and metallic parts which are manufactured on an assembly line. Nothing inside headphones themselves really costs at lot.
>>
>>59844795
>As much as I hate the ideas people have about frequency response and "boring" or "fun", the idea that neutral equals boring is the most ridiculous out of them all. If you are listening to a piece of music that sound boring through equipment that doesn't alter it, doesn't that say more about the quality of the music rather than the gear which did exactly what it was supposed to?
"Neutral" doesn't mean perfectly accurate or transparent. It's just a sound signature like any other (bassy, bright, etc.), which means the bass and treble levels don't deviate too far from the mids. That being said, HD 600 don't fit the description of neutral because they lack far more sub-bass than the bloated upper bass makes up for.
>>
>>59844984
Is sub-bass audiophile territory?
>>
>>59845017
Every frequency from 20 to 20k is audiophile territory
>>
>>59845017
Accurate sound reproduction (aka hi-fi) is audiophile territory.
>>
>>59845032
Sub-bass is below 20 though?
>>
>>59844753
>hd 600 is boring because it's too neutral.
This is how people who have listened to neutral headphones for some 10 minutes usually react.

Those who *own* neutral headphones know better. Once used to actually hearing the music (and not the headphones), non-neutral headphones "coloring" is seen for what it is: Distortion.
>>
>>59845052
> Sub-bass sounds are the deep, low- register pitched pitches approximately below 60 Hz and extending downward to include the lowest frequency humans can hear, typically 20 Hz

> dubious discussion
>>
>>59845089
Ok sorry. What I was asking is, if 60 Hz and below is only heard by people who produce music or otherwise have trained their ears?
>>
>Accurate sound reproduction
Neutral headphones/speakers.
Transparent amp/dac.
Lossless (such as FLAC) audio files.

Everything else (chink "bass boost" amps, bright/dark/bassy/vshaped/etc. headphones, mp3/aac music) is not accurate sound reproduction, but Lo-Fi garbage.

Spending any money on that is literally throwing it away.
>>
>>59845161
It's easy as fuck to hear 50Hz, no need to train anything
>>
>>59845161
Adult ears do 20Hz to 20KHz.

Anything lower might be felt, but not heard.

The higher frequencies sadly get increasingly attenuated with age.
>>
>>59845193
Keep in mind a lot of shitty speakers/headphones do not go all the way down to 20Hz.
>>
>>59844984
>"Neutral" doesn't mean perfectly accurate or transparent.
Indeed and that's basically impossible for loudspeakers and headphones alike to achieve. The concept of transparency, which I didn't mention, doesn't apply to either. While with headphones there's no agreement on a perfectly neutral FR and on loudspeakers you have a bunch of opinions on how should you control the reflected sound. Plenty of other little problems here too which complicate matter.

>That being said, HD 600 don't fit the description of neutral
I didn't mention those and I agree. It does fit into "doing a lot of things sound quality wise better than most other headphones" -category, however.

>>59845017
This entire thread is audiophile territory. We care about sound much more than the average person. The term is neutral.

Sub bass as far as the human ear can hear is easy to do on a pair of cheap in-ears or closed back headphones. In loudspeakers it's a bit tough to achieve and very tough to manage. Its importance in music can be questioned either way. Most of the music happens higher in the frequency range and even in music which has extension to very low deep bass, you tend not to lose a lot by not being able to play extremely low. Most headphones and decent loudspeakers still get down to 50 Hz. Let's just say sub bass is not a range to prioritize over.

>>59845161
Absolutely not. Training your hearing doesn't extend the bandwidth of it. With the headphones you have right now, listen to a sine sweep like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU80Fagdy28

Or play a pure sine tone at 20/30/40 Hz. With a decent pair they should be audible and you'll realize how very low it sounds like.

>>59845224
>Adult ears do 20Hz to 20KHz.
That's simplifying a lot and also generous.
>>
>>59845224
>Adult ears do 20Hz to 20KHz.
More like 20 to 16k. Only children can go all the way to 20k
>>
>>59845187
What about when the source file is transparent but lossy?
>>
>>59845359
>What about when the source file is transparent but lossy?
Lossy being transparent vs lossless source is subjective. It depends on ears, brain, song and equipment, nevermind weather.

The important part being mostly song. Even if a codec is ABX'd to be transparent at a "quality setting" or bitrate for a bunch of songs by a large group of testers, there's no guarantee that this will hold true for every other song.

Ultimately, better lossy codecs keep appearing (like the recent OPUS) which do better / bitrate, but to benefit from them you'd need a lossless source to encode from, anyway.

Unlike the distant past, current storage solutions seem to allow for building FLAC libraries, and that's the right thing to do.

Lossy still has some niches such as streaming/videoconference on constrained conditions (network bandwidth, tolerating packet loss, latency), but due to loss of detail on each transcoding, it is no substitute for lossless.
>>
>>59845359
>transparent but lossy
Keep in mind that from an objective perspective, the resulting signal is a shitty emulation of some traits of the original signal.

It is, however, optimized to fool people into thinking otherwise.
>>
>t. ATH-M50x owner
>don't understand the hate these awesome all purpose cans get
>>
>>59845598
I agree on everything except streaming being niche. It's anything but and benefits massively from the lowered data rates of lossy files.

With a decent enough encoder and high enough quality setting you can be quite sure that you aren't running into any objectionable artifacts even if you could tell the encode and original apart in a test. I believe at this point the lossless starts to be there more for a peace of mind rather than for a meaningful increase in fidelity.

>>59845624
Given how good of a job they can do I couldn't call it a "shitty emulation". And I was talking about the perception part, or course.

>>59845649
Don't try to.
>>
So what would be an "objective" upgrade to the 600s? Someone that likes all around neutral instead of sharp highs like the AKGs and Beyers
>>
>>59845960
Focal elear
>>
>>59845649
>v-shaped closed memephones
>all purpose
also
>cans

Shit bait. In case not, here is why: because you can actually buy something that is not shit for cheaper. Like k612 pro for instance.
>>
>>59845960
Hard but MrSpeakers Ether. I personally think the aforementioned Elear as well as the stupid expensive Utopia are both worse sounding than the HD 600 with much nicer build and finish.
>>
Looking for:
>closed
>good mids, non punchy bass
>75-150$ USD range

what do?
>>
>>59844984
>That being said, HD 600 don't fit the description of neutral because they lack far more sub-bass than the bloated upper bass makes up for.
Some argue it has too much.

I find it just about right. Enough to be enjoyable, and not too much as to be fatiguing.
>>
>>59846272
HM5/XPT100
>>
I bought two cheap highly recommended IEM the KZ-ATE and VE MONK+, and I am really liking the VE MONK+ I see on Ali there is a quite a few clones, but one that standing out is the K's 300ohm. how much better should this one be over the VE MONK+?? is tit comparably to the VE ZEN 2?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/K-s-Earphone-K300-300ohm-Impedance-In-Ear-Earphone-Earbud-300-ohms-Earbud-Flat-Head-Plug/32786395125.html?spm=2114.13010108.99999999.7.0VDq8d
>>
>>59847088
>buys questionable chink crap
>puts it in this ear
-_-
>>
Hi my cloud stinger's left headphone has no volume coming from it but my right works perfectly? I've had them a while but the left just stopped working one day. Any ideas what it could be?
>>
>Budget
~$100 USD
>Location
USA
>Source
Moto G5+, Laptop
>Type of headphone
IEM/Earbuds
>Comfort level
Would like to be able to wear for long periods.
>Sound signature
Maybe a bit on the bassier side
>Past headphones
Standard Samsung earbuds, Monoprice headphones

I'm looking to finally get a nicer pair of earbuds/IEMs for travelling, and was hoping you guys would be able to help.
>>
>>59847850
gaymer headset build quality.
>>
>>59848097
GR07 Bass Edition or Shure SE215
>>
File: lnb_adapter.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
lnb_adapter.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Does anyone know what the barrel size of the ac adapter is for Stax lambda driver units? I can't tell if it's 5mmx2.5mm or 5mmx2.1mm and there is no documentation available

Buying the right AC adapter is a real fucking pain for these. Finding the right polarity/V/A, a brand that is not complete shit, and the right barrel size (when they're not labeled) is really annoying. Can't use the original 100V unit in the US. I'm afraid I will damage the driver
>>
>>59848503
2.1 mm. I think. Worst case scenario, it needs an adapter.
You can go over with the requisite current.
>>
File: 1438735139796.jpg (196KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
1438735139796.jpg
196KB, 600x464px
Best budget for a deep bass headphone + dac.
>>
>>59849615
Thanks. The lack of standardization for info presentation on ac adapters is ridiculous. I know about the current.
I have a bunch of 12V ac adapters but all are wrong polarity. Don't want to experiment with manually flipping it.

It says 4W on the back but I assume anything over is fine as well because of higher current
>>
I need help trying to decide between a few headphones.
>The headphones
I'm trying to pick between the HD 700, HD 650, HE 400i, HE 500. But I am more than willing to take suggestions for other headphones
> Budget
Around $450
> Location
Maryland
> Source
I'm going to buy a decent DAC and AMP to supplement it (right now I'm thinking of a Schiit stack).
> Open or closed
Open
> Comfort level
I tend to listen for several hours at a time, so comfort is important.
> Music
I mostly listen to classic rock, metal, and punk
> Sound signature
I'm not too sure as to what exactly I want here, but I do know that I don't want anything too bassy and like both the vocals and instrumentals to be clear. Really I just want something well suited to rock, whatever that may be.
> Past Headphones
I currently use ATH-M50x. Overall I do enjoy these headphones quite a bit, but something about them just feels lacking (the best word I can think of to describe this is 'shallow')
>>
>>59845972
>k612
>Open Back
>high Ω
Not really a better option for general purpose headphones... plus no removable cable, try again.
I can use these anywhere I want without worrying about environmental acoustics or the source's amp.
>>
File: prof4aa.jpg (126KB, 896x1388px) Image search: [Google]
prof4aa.jpg
126KB, 896x1388px
Not that anyone cares but...

Just got my replacement Koss Pro4AA in the mail(did warranty request on my dads orig 1970's ones)

Sound is the same... i guess(?). I couldnt really sample the old ones since they were full of dried out power and the pads had deflated.

Big differences are the cable is *WAY* cheaper... The old one was a higher grade of rubber, thicker, and the coils were bigger. New cable coils feel like the kind you'd get on a cheap landline phone. The 1/6th jack is also different. Old one was a screw on cover that when removed, showed the solder points that must have been done by hand. New one is the standard rubber sealed with integrated strain relief.

Bigger issue is the new one has these tracks on the headband(pic related). Holy shit do they make the headphones uncomfortable. For 20 minutes or so its fine, but after that its really irritating.

Another difference, the microphone lug-thinggy on the left cup is a about 20% bigger, and the texture on the rim is different. It can be swapped with the old one without problem.

This replacement cost me $28cnd.(ontop of losing the orig pair. $10cnd for the return shipping, and $18cnd for shipping it to koss). If they werent so uncomfortable, itd be fine, but as it stands now, i think trying to fix them myself would have been smarter.
>>
>>59849695
thx00 and modi 2
>>
>>59849695
Christ. Fulla 2 > modi 2 for what you want.
>>
So I think I fucked up but have no clue what I did wrong.

I carefully disassembled my ipod video 5G so I could replace the back case and add a ZIF to Msata adapter + Msata SSD as well as a 3000mAh battery. I want to flash rockbox onto it.

I reassembled it and it powers on fine to the ipod error screen but then shuts down before I can do anything (such as a firmware flash or even restore through itunes)

I can't figure out what's causing this and I can't get Rockbox on it until it stops rebooting

Please help. Searching online for the problem is too generic to find solutions easily online
>>
>>59849765
>Schiit stack
Good pick. Re: Modi 2, either go uber, go multibit or go fulla2, as standard modi2 is bad value against any of these. Yes, even fulla2 will sound exactly the same, but is a much more useful device.

>Open to suggestions
HD600. Generally considered better than 650, and a way more solid option than the 700 you're also considering. Go watch youtube HD600 reviews if unsure. Generally, when 650 and 600 are tested, 600 wins.

Re: HiFiMan™, just don't. The QC and the support is absolute garbage. A little googling will confirm that for you.
>>
>>59850109
Thanks for the input
> Modi 2 Uber ove Modi 2
Why do you suggest Modi 2 Uber of Modi 2, I thought the only notable difference was the multiple inputs
> HD600 over HD650 and HD700
I'll definitely look into this, thanks for the tip.
I've also been considering the SRH1840 or the Grado SR325e. Any thoughts on those?
>>
>>59849765
HE-500 is distinctly heavier than the other sets. Minimal headband padding is likely to pose an issue without aftermarket options. Used only.
HD 650 has moderate clamp to it, 400i does not.
HD 700 would generally be the winner as far as comfort is concerned.

HD700 has boosted, or rather, spiky highs and a broad upper bass lift into the low mid. Rolls off the deep low end, upper midrange drop.
HD650 has some general bass lift that gets into the low mid. Loses power below 40Hz or so. Has a more even upper mid-lower treble response than the other headphones. Generally lacks the major treble spikes the other listed sets have.
HE-400i and HE-500 are somewhat similar. Even bass response with extended subbass response, upper midrange drop from 1kHz into the highs that does not recover until a peak around 9-10kHz. HE-500 should have more generally reduced highs.

>>59850109
>Modi multibit
It's... just no. Don't.
>>
File: IMG_20170411_190535723.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170411_190535723.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
I did a mod on my 558's where I took out the cable lock and installed a momentum cord so the end doesn't stick approximately 3 yards out of my phone. I would definitely recommend, an L shaped cable is easier for me to use on my phone and ps4.
>>
>>59850361
>HD600
Like HD650, minus some bass. That is, both the upper bass thickness and the lower bass, which was still lacking on the HD650.
Also has more high end than the HD650. Whereas the HD650 highs are somewhat reduced overall, the HD600 can be slightly shrill. As a whole, similar sounding enough.
Same clamp, thinner and less robust cable. Headband padding is a little different; I prefer the one on the 650. Modularity ensures that you can swap any part between the HD650 and HD600 as you like.
You can even get a little cellphone remote cable for the Sennheiser, if you still believe in things like headphone jacks on smartphones.

>SRH1840
Some similarity to the Philips SHP9500. Very even tone, but sorely lacks lower bass. Poor linearity.
They're not bad about the fit, but not really exceptional there.

>Grado SR325e
I haven't spend too much time, but they still have the same general sound as the 325i and the rest of the Grados.
1-2kHz bump, strong bass rolloff, multiple treble spikes. Almost like a caricature of a Stax Lambda headphone.
>>
>>59849825
after a few 30 minute sessions, i now also have grill imprints from the ear pads on the contours of my ears... These things are fucking horrible. I mean they sound okay-ish(not as good as other 100 closed monitors) but they are so fucking uncomfortable. They are heavy, the hurt my scalp, they hurt my ears, they clamp too hard... Fucking hell, wtf was koss thinking?
>>
>>59850814
>tfw no grill imprints
>>
Budget: 150-200
Source: Computer
Type of Headphone: Full Size
Closed
Comfort Level: 7/10
sound signature: Neutral
>>
Does SPDIF make a difference over analog or is it a meme?
>>
What's a good guide for bookshelf speakers? Can HeadFi be trusted?
>>
File: 1446314361284.jpg (82KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446314361284.jpg
82KB, 720x960px
hd598 open or closed back for gaymen?
>>
>>59851646
Open for sure
>>
>>59851646
Open if you don't need to remove sound, definitely provides a better sound stage. My Fiance has a pair of closed back and they still sound great.
>>
File: 1486690242033.png (6KB, 404x464px) Image search: [Google]
1486690242033.png
6KB, 404x464px
PX200-IIi yea or nay
>>
Reminder that DACs are placebo tier for your scenario and that you should put money towards a transducer instead
>>
>>59852476
PortaPros > PX200-II
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-31+at+07.42.01).png (83KB, 606x313px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-31+at+07.42.01).png
83KB, 606x313px
>>59843848
My HD 650 sound great with this EQ

makes them like the Harman target response curve
>>
File: 1491337654606.gif (8KB, 384x239px) Image search: [Google]
1491337654606.gif
8KB, 384x239px
DT1350 yea or nay
>>
>>59853193
>on ear
nah senpai
>>
>>59847675
have you listened to this chink crap?? it BTFO IEM and over the ears that cost 15x as much.

I just want to know if the higher ohm versions would be a significant upgrade.
>>
>>59848495
GR-07 BE all the way.
>>
>>59850361
>Why do you suggest Modi 2 Uber of Modi 2, I thought the only notable difference was the multiple inputs
I don't; it's just an option. All I was saying is, the standard Modi 2 is bad value against a Fulla 2 which costs the same, so it makes sense to get a Fulla 2 or any of the other Modi 2 variants instead.
>>
>>59850361
>SRH1840
No idea.

>Grado
Grado are the opposite of neutral. They do exaggerate soundstage a great deal. Sure enough, some people do absolutely love them.
>>
>>59851646
Open.

The closed one is an entirely different sounding headphone that's exploiting the popularity of the model number. It uses different drivers (the ones in the HD380 Pro).
>>
File: 1417028324212.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1417028324212.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Why the fuck do even "expert" sites recommend the HyperX Cloud / Takstar Pro 80?
I recently got them for free in a monitor bundle and holy shit they're terrible (even after throwing out the USB DAC which was making them even worse with massive amounts of hissing/crackling noise).
I mean no, I didn't expect anything from a gayman headset and I wasn't really surprised, but reading about them makes me doubt I have the same thing all of the reviews on supposedly reputable sites are gushing about.
This is coming from a guy who spent his teens listening to <$5 buds and whose three largest all time audio expenditures were the ATH-T500, E50S and Fiio X1.

Should I just sell them to some gaymur idiot since they're like $100 new?
>>
>>59849762
Make sure the replacement one is regulated. I measured an unregulated one the other day and it was throwing out 17+VDC unloaded.
>>
Best <40 iems?
>>
>>59855393
Maybe you have some fakes or got faulty ones? No idea, not really trying to defend as I never even listened to pro80. I did listen to 2 other takstar phones (one of them being 2050) and found them ok for price.
>>
>>59851588
Head-Fi is fine as long as you don't care about sound quality. That goes for reviewers in general, typically very poor at discerning sound quality.

There's a variety of options that pop up from ~250USD per pair and up, but I'm having trouble recalling models below that. Some old favorites get discontinued and so on.
>>
>>59856035
>fakes

Nope, they're genuine. Besides, who would even bother making a chinkshit copy of rebranded chinkshit?
As for them being faulty, I don't think so, when connected directly to the audio port they don't exhibit any noise or distortion I'd call an outright defect, but they sound like something only half-deaf basshead kids could fall in love with.
>>
DT880 or HD600?
Can E10K drive them?
>>
>>59856572
Neutral/warmish or V-shapped signature?
Other than that the DT880 feels a little studier but i can imagine you won't be sitting on them or anything, comfort is about the same.
Pick your poison.
Yes, both can be driven by the e10k.
>>
>>59856572
> V-Shaped

the 880s aren't V shaped, they're bright.
>>
>>59856805
Bass and treble in detriment of mids is the very definition of v-shape, doesn't matter if the bass or treble are louder, as long as the mids are lower than both.
>>
>>59856836
You're describing the DT990. The 880s mids aren't recessed
>>
>>59856572
if your ears are sensitive to treble avoid the DT.
>>
>>59856849
Light v-shape is still v-shape, Dt990 has much more prominent bass and treble than the Dt880, but being closer to neutral doesn't stop the Dt880 from being V-shaped, thats a characteristic of every Beyer to use that particular driver.
Just look at a few measurements, 770/880/990 all have v-shape.
>>
>>59856572
HD600 are very reputable neutralish all-rounders without any blatant flaw.

DT880 are bright and have a terrible treble peak flaw many people absolutely hate.

They're not in the same ballpark.
>>
File: DT880_HD650.png (93KB, 712x836px) Image search: [Google]
DT880_HD650.png
93KB, 712x836px
>>59856911
Maybe I just don't know how to read graphs, but all I see in the DT880s compared to the 650s is a fuckton of treble energy
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 323x455px
>>59842164
What it do /g/? im trying to buy a new pair of headphones. Right now im kind of inbetween the dt770 and the dt990pros. I realize that i probably have have to buy an amp aswell so would like to hear reccommendations. I cant decide on the headphones for various reasons. I mainly listen to hip hop (new and oldschool), grime, stoner metal, dark techno. Not much acoustic music. And i would like to be able to use them for playing csgo aswell, so i GUESS i need a good soundstage to pinpoint where footsteps are coming from. Sound leakage isnt a problem. So which do you guys think i should choose and why. Also what amp pairs well with that headphone. Im open to other headphones too but one of these two seem pretty good to get introduced to the audiophile world. Can answer any further questions
>>
>>59856986
I think you are confused, anon, what does the HD650 has to do with it? What was implied is that the DT880 is bright and not V-shapped while the DT990 is V-shapped, what i said was that the DT880 is closer to neutral than the DT990 but it's still V-shapped.
V-shape ia defined by louder bass and treble in detriment of mids, it doesn't matter how much louder or if the bass or treble are louder than each other.
At no point i said it didn't had way more treble than the HD650, if anything thats a given, being the HD650 a warmer version of the HD600.
>>
>>59857101
>what does the HD650 has to do with it
I'm simply comparing both. Looking at those two graphs how can it be that top one is v shaped?
>>
File: 20170408_091931-1.jpg (846KB, 2098x2383px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_091931-1.jpg
846KB, 2098x2383px
beyer custom streets are cute!
>>
>>59857126
>how can it be that top one is v shaped?
Because a good portion of the mids is lower then bass and treble in the spectrum, particularly between 1.5khz and 6khz, on the lower graph the same portion goes downwards and the treble isn't louder than the louder portion of the mids.
>>
>>59857178
They sure are, are these on-ears?
>>
>>59857285
Yep! as i'm used to IEMs and on-ear headphones, they take a bit of getting used to, but they feel great and they look great (once you turn the sideplates around so the logo isn't showing). i'm considering laser engraving them to look cooler, but I haven't decided what to put on them yet.
>>
>>59857305
over-ear headphones**
>>
File: 1490984568848.jpg (126KB, 488x506px) Image search: [Google]
1490984568848.jpg
126KB, 488x506px
>>59857220
>6khz
>mids
>>
>Budget
100€ total (50€ each?)

>Location
Europe

>Source
PC, phone

>Type of headphone
IEMs

>Comfort level
I don't want those that go very deep like a pair of dildos

>Sound signature
One neutral, another bassy

>Past headphones
Random JBL that came with my phone
>>
File: 1490981654069.jpg (10KB, 186x356px) Image search: [Google]
1490981654069.jpg
10KB, 186x356px
Why does sound signautre matter if you can equalize it?
>>
>>59857823
Because, evidently, most people are too incompetent to handle an equalizer.
>>
>Budget
Around 50 to 100

>Location
fucking third world Argentina

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
full-sized

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
I mean, i meant to use them on the commute

>Sound signature
bassy

>past headphones
Philips SHB8000K Citiscape, pretty basic
>>
>>59857823
Because EQing on a random phone or random pc is a bad experience. I have my parametric equalizer on my persoanl computer at home but I'm not going to write down every single frequency, db, peaks, etc
>>
>>59857823
If you can equalize it, it really doesn't. Most don't seem to understand how to use a parametric equalizer, some might not have one at hand on all devices they use the headphones with, some have irrational fears and misconceptions about the "side effects" of equalization and more casual users just want good sound and won't bother with additional tweaking.
>>
So I went to check my ears and found out that my left ear is a bit blocked and I have to stop with headphones for a while. Feels bad man, my audiogram or whatever they call shows a dip at 2 kHz, gonna look for speakers now. Any suggestions for speakers that have good vocals and more forward sound?
>>
File: feels by pepe.png (165KB, 506x517px) Image search: [Google]
feels by pepe.png
165KB, 506x517px
>Budget
I don't want to go over like $80, but I can be convinced

>Location
US

>Source
Desktop PC

>Type of headphones
Full size, removable cable preferred.

>Comfort level
7/10?

>Sound signature
New to this kind of thing, I'm used to reference headphones

>Past headphones
The $20 Monoprice memephones
Samson SR850
Samson SR950
>>
>>59857049
>listens to music, videogames
You need something that doesn't distort the sound in an attempt to embellish it. Something neutral. Something like HD600.
>>
>>59856395
I think the hyper x cloud 2's feature different drivers and design elements than the original and the Takstar version, so that could explain the shitness
>>
>>59857823
Plug and play would be the first reason on my list, i can't be bothered with EQing to compensate for the signature every time i plug it in different equip, if i need to do some quick mixing on-the-go for example, knowing how music sounds on my headphone is much more interesting than EQing the system to what i am used to.
>>
Convince me not to buy akg k240mkII.
>>
>>59858513
Proprietary cable
>>
File: AKGB.jpg (62KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
AKGB.jpg
62KB, 1024x682px
>Budget
~$132 (7500 rubles), flexible

>Location
Russia

>Source
Laptop

>Type of headphone
Full-sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
I want to be able to use them for several hours without major discomfort. CAL! were moderately comfy (wouldn't like anything less comfortable than them).

>Sound signature
Neutral, maybe a bit bassy

>Past headphones
Creative Aurvana Live, some cheap IEMs

Would like detachable cable. Currently I'm considering ATH-M40x.
>>
>>59857582
>what is a typo
>Smug_chinese_cartoon.jpeg.exe
>>
>>59856395
Chinks make fake eggs for 20 cent profits. Never underestimate them
>>
>>59858296
Let me put it this way. Music is the main concern. Right now i have the phillips shp2000's which sound pretty good for the price but they are way too quiet. I want the bass to be fairly audible but dont need bass cannons. And i want to be able to enjoy music all around. I play csgo very often and would like to have good sound positioning but it isnt important for the headphones to be some perfect footstep detector machine. Its just that ive seen some people complain that the dt770 have a lacking soundstage when it comes to cs. So what does it sound like? can it really be that bad? And im not getting the hd600's. Way too expensive for now.
>>
>>59858559
M40x's will likely require new pads.
CB-1 are just as good, won't need new pads, and they're boom pro compatible for vidya.
HM-5 are also comfy stock.

DT770 if you want the most bass, probably the most comfy too, no detachable cable though.
>>
>>59857973
i'll expand on this
>Budget
Around 75 to 100

>Location
fucking third world Argentina

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
full-sized

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
I mean, i meant to use them on the commute to work and school, deatachable cable would be really nice

>Sound signature
bassy

>past headphones
Philips SHB8000K Citiscape, pretty basic
>>
So I've read some comments saying that the 560 was higher quality than the LCD2, and that there's much better headphones for cheaper. I've also read that the 560 was a bit different in sound signature compared to the HE5. I've been meaning to upgrade from my sennheiser HE650 for some time now and I've been told that the HE5 is a logical upgrade.

I would have probably already upgraded directly to the HE5, but it's discontinued and I'd prefer to buy directly from amazon. Is there something around 1000 dollars which is better than the 560 which is better? Less than 1000 dollars is the highest I'll go.

I have tried the LCD2 before, but one of the drivers died on me and I spent months of hassle calling up amazon to finally get a full refund, because the third party amazon seller tried to scam me and audeze wouldn't repair the headphones because they were out of warranty. I liked how much more depth the sound had, the fullness, the liveliness. It was funny how I put on my sennheisers again after listening to the LCD2 and they just sounded flat.
>>
>>59842946
Jesus Christ dude just turn on the AC
>>
>>59858910
No, seriously. Correctness is what you need.

Think of HD600 as an investment.
>>
>>59842864
DT770, you'd also complete the trio of 'german' brands (akg senn beyer).
>>59843698
ask /r/headphones or head-fi, /g/ literally doesn't care about meme amps
>>59844362
dt880
>>59843848
If you're EQing, it literally doesn't matter, get whichever is cheaper
>>59843885
perhaps hd600 since it's fairly neutral and would excel at all genres without being too bright, most black metalheads don't seem to be a fan of heavy sub-bass in general
>>59845960
The only non-speaker that consistently sounds better than it is ER4SR. HD600's first weakness is sub-bass extension but this is hardly a major problem as autists make it out to be simply because of the spectral balance of music, even equalizing it to a flat response in the bass doesn't change much of the bass response, it sounds thinner overall but with slightly better impact, an improvement if you ask me but for 95% of people on here they would say it lacks bass. The 2nd weakness is the treble weakness around 8kHz which doesn't make it veiled per se but it doesn't sound really clean in the treble, OTOH it doesn't sound too bright in the treble so many probably would enjoy this.

My advice is to stick with your hd600, if you want to spend some money because you've got the itch, get into speakers.

>>59848495
GR07 easily.

>>59849695
DT770 80 ohm into PC motherboard

>>59849765
HD600, do you really need a DAC and an amp?

>>59851646
Open for gaming is a meme but I'd usually suggest open if you can allow it in your environment
>>59856572
If you like treble DT880, if you want neutral then HD600. I prefer how percussion sounds on the DT880 but the upper mids are lacking.
>>59857049
amps are a meme, if you want beyerdynamic get a premium dt990 250 ohm reason being straight cable so you can plug it into your motherboard or whatever, it's also more comfortable
>>59859481
go away shill
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M20x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR18

are these any good?

looking for a pretty snug over the ear headphone to work out with
>>
>>59859806
http://goldenears.net/board/GR_Headphones/5718239

Quite nice depending on how much you pay for. If the other M-series headphones are any indication, these are snug and isolate decent amount.
>>
>>59859500
you seem extremely knowledgeable on the subject, so i have a question

i listen to mostly twangy guitar music, alt rock, and lady singers, so a lot of trebles and mids. to that end, i was thinking of getting a pair of hd600's because i have a pair of Ety's and i like the neutral sound.

would i need a dac in that situation, or is that a complete meme?

thanks.
>>
>>59859941
What is your source? Most people can plug in their HD600 straight into a motherboard and it sounds perfectly fine as it would on a dedicated DAC and amp combo.
>>
>>59860095
source is a PC mobo

and that is excellent news, thanks!
>>
>>59860111
Any recent 1150 or higher mobo will have good sound. There will be a small percentage of them that are shit but the majority are fine, especially for high impedance headphones like HD600.
>>
>>59859941
My HD600 manage to sound well with any source.

Regardless, they do sound best on my schiit stack.

But do keep in mind your headphones should be where you put most of the money. Schiit stack does cost almost as much as the HD600.
>>
>>59859941
>mids, female vocals.
HD600 is a good all rounder, but is particularly known to excel at this.
>>
>>59860233
>My HD600 manage to sound well with any source.
>Regardless, they do sound best on my schiit stack.
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>59860140
Does it matter if the mobo is b, h, x, v, z, etc series?
Is there anyone testing these out?
>>
What does distortion sound like?
What does electrical infetterence sound like?
>>
>>59860233
i respect this company for naming themselves after excrement as a joke and then still making a quality product when it would be super easy to make trash and sell tshirts to redditors

>>59860246
that's exciting to hear, IEM's can only go so far in terms of soundstage, and while i love my ety's i am really looking forward to something...bigger
>>
>>59860306
No it doesn't because no onboard soundcard will be good enough to drive 300Ohm headphones correctly. Guy who was replying to you earlier is full of shit and probably doesn't even own HD600. Get fulla2.
>>
>>59860306
Most of them have the same onboard soundcard but the implementation on some of them can be bad. Even so the bad ones are a minority. Secondly, HD600 is 300ohm impedance which makes it compatible with a high impedance source assuming your motherboard is of a high output impedance.

>>59860325
I can describe it but why not search on Youtube for an example or something.

>>59860366
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Higher impedance != harder to drive.

Back to /r/headphones, kiddo.
>>
>>59860366
>>59860435

No shit, I'm asking about the performance of onboard DACs compared to external ones.
>>
>>59860359
>quality product
>flawed design fries computers if you make the mistake of turning your computer on with it still plugged in
>>
>>59860494
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html

Have a read, m8.
>>
>>59860521
i have an incredibly hard time believing this claim, and didnt' find anything by googling, any evidence to back it up?

>>59860566
i really wanted one of those cute fulla2's after that angry guy (>>59860366) pointed them out to me but this makes it seem very much not worthwhile...
>>
>>59860366

>wake up
>time for /hpg/ shitposting
>see this post

Why do people spread misinformation like this on these threads? This is like my audio haven that's free from retards/shills like on Head-Fi and /r/headphones but it's getting worse every day, like Sweden and immigrants.
>>
>59860435
>Higher impedance != harder to drive.

No shit sherlock. Find me one example of 250+Ohm headphones that are not hard to drive. Protip: there is none. Because headphones that have high impedance are usually harder to drive than lower impedance ones. Just because you have outliners like AKG k7 series doesn't mean this rule is not usually true.
>>
>>59860681
>This is like my audio haven that's free from retards/shills like on Head-Fi and /r/headphones

As long as you are here it will not be free from retards. And if you geniuenly try to claim that HD600 don't require amp then you are the one spreading misinformation.
>>
>>59860689
Higher impedance means that a headphone requires less current from an amplifier. That is all.
>>
How does the Hifiman HD560 compare to the Hifiman HE5 compared to the Audeze LCD2 with fazors?

So I've read some comments saying that the 560 was higher quality than the LCD2, and that there's much better headphones for cheaper. I've also read that the 560 was a bit different in sound signature compared to the HE5. I've been meaning to upgrade from my sennheiser HE650s for some time now and I've been told that the HE5 is a logical upgrade.

I would have probably already upgraded directly to the HE5, but it's discontinued and I'd prefer to buy directly from amazon. Is there something around 1000 dollars which is better than the 560 which is better? Less than 1000 dollars is the highest I'll go.

I have tried the LCD2 before, but one of the drivers died on me and I spent months of hassle calling up amazon to finally get a full refund, because the third party amazon seller tried to scam me and audeze wouldn't repair the headphones because they were out of warranty. I liked how much more depth the sound had, the fullness, the liveliness. It was funny how I put on my sennheisers again after listening to the LCD2 and they just sounded flat.
>>
File: 1482521550515.gif (2MB, 384x372px) Image search: [Google]
1482521550515.gif
2MB, 384x372px
>>59860681
>This is like my audio haven that's free from retards/shills like on Head-Fi and /r/headphones
>>
How do the HE500s compare to the LCD-2s?
>>
>>59861051
certainly, it is at least an audio haven that is accepting of cute, smug anime girls, as opposed to those other forums.
>>
File: wink-putin-505x325.jpg (29KB, 505x325px) Image search: [Google]
wink-putin-505x325.jpg
29KB, 505x325px
>>59858930
Thanks, CB-1 look interesting, will google about them some more.
>>
>>59860366
Stop. Back to high school physics.
>>
>>59860660
>i really wanted one of those cute fulla2's after that angry guy (>>59860366) pointed them out to me but this makes it seem very much not worthwhile...
Ignore that faggot, he shills Schiit products FOR FREE.

Anyway, the most rational advice is.

1) Buy headphones
2) use it with current source
3) audible noise or distortion or low volume?
4) If #3 is Yes, then purchase a DAC/amp device to bypass your current source or maybe an amp alone to make it louder or whatever
>>
>>59861199
hang on, are you telling me that what i hear about getting a DAC/amp making even good sounding headphones sound nebulously "better" is actually a meme?

is the point of these things to clear up AUDIBLE DISTORTION AND NOISE??????

if so, A) thanks, i have been grossly misinformed, and B) WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: 1492001330334.gif (399KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1492001330334.gif
399KB, 240x180px
My HD600s can easily be driven by my Fiio E10s in low gain mode. I think its because they are very sensitive headphones, regardless of their 300 ohm impedance. I usually leave the volume pot to about 3-4/10 as well.
>>
>>59861235
It's a meme.

It's not that its purpose is to clear up distortion and noise, they're dedicated audio devices and they're engineered to be high performance products with low distortion, noise, high power, etc.

But PC motherboards as of the past few years have been providing better sound (especially with high impedance headphones because they aren't affected as much as a low impedance headphone would).

Also, a lot of headphone amps/DACs are boutique products and are retard territory.

>>59861280
How's that scratchy pot working out for ya?
>>
>>59861307
I mean it's not fantastic. But the damn thing works. I don't often adjust the volume to be honest. Got a recommendation for a replacement part? That schiit combo amp DAC for 100 dollars worthwhile or just stick with E10?
>>
>>59861335
A simple trick is to turn the volume knob back and forth for about 10 times and the scratchiness goes away temporarily. You would do this when nothing's playing of course :^)

No need to upgrade. No need for the memes.
>>
>>59860739
Why are we still even having a discussion about requiring an amplifier? Assuming you don't have something that's downright broken it's a simple matter of headphone voltage sensitivity, the power of the device you have right now and your requirement for volume. So obviously no, you can't say "HD 600 needs an amplifier" as a general statement just as you can't say that it doesn't need one. The impedance is something we don't have to know about, especially if the impedance is high.
>>
>>59860819
>>59860819
>HE-5
The wooden one? I think it had a fair bit of treble spike to it.
But it wouldn't be too easy to come across. All of Hifiman attempts at making solid wood enclosures end up with a couple of units cracking open.

If you mean the HE-500, it's fairly heavy thing. Headband padding is a bit short. Like LCD-2 plus peak around 9-10 kHz or so. Also, substantially less sensitive than the Fazor versions.
>HD560
HE-560.
Closer to the 600 than 650 in sound, peaks around 4kHz. Can be sort of recessed between 1-4kHz. Should have another peak further up.

>other options
Senn HD800 is one.
>>
File: 20170412152817.png (118KB, 1471x459px) Image search: [Google]
20170412152817.png
118KB, 1471x459px
What is this?
>>
>>59861630
I don't think HD800 will give him what he wants.
>>59861643
Memes.
>>
Open or closed headphones?
>>
>>59861905
Do you need isolation? If yes, choose closed. If no, choose either.
>>
>>59861905
Semi-open
>>
>>59861280
>HD600
>highly sensitive
Troll harder.
>>
>>59861905
Open unless high isolation is a MUST requirement.
>>
>>59862452
HD600 is quite sensitive 2bh pham.
>>
>>59862481
It needs plenty of extra gain to reach the same volumes of HD598, HD380 Pro, at least.
>>
>>59842164
I'm looking for a good entry level planar but don't know what to get. Any suggestions?
>>
>Budget
Around £60

>Location
UK

>Source
PC onboard

>Type of headphone
Full sized

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
Comfort comes first

>Sound signature
Not sure. Anything? Neutral?

>Past headphones
Portapros and Takstar Hi 2050

I find the Takstar Hi 2050 to be comfortable enough.
Only going to be used for dicking about on my PC playing games and listening to music.
>>
>>59862682
SHP9500
>>
>>59862682
Don't bother. With 60 pounds you are not going to get anything considerably better than those takstars.
>>
>>59862682
Save the money, until you can afford something decent, such as HD600, 599, 598se.
>>
Shitty headphones + shitty dac/amp, or good heapdhones and no dac/amp for $200?
>>
>>59862945
Good headphone hands down
>>
>>59862945
Good headphones.

That's not even a question. Keep your priorities straight.
>>
Can I get some mic advice?
Basically the headsets with mics that I own always stop working and the one time I took /g/'s advice and got a cheap clip on microphone it has horrible static and that drowns out the already awful quality. Can I get a suggestion? I have good headphones I just want a mic
>>
>>59863041
r/letsplay has a few lists of cheap good mics.
>>
>>59843698
Try the Project Ember. It's a great bang-for-the-buck, even cheaper if you build it yourself.

http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_004.htm

It's more versatile than the Crack although I personally prefer the latter's topology. The problem with OTL is like you mentioned, it only sounds nice with high-impedance cans.
>>
>>59860095
Maybe if you plug it into a good dedicated sound card. Otherwise HD600 need at least a basic amp, I tried them on my macbookpro and friend's PC and then on Element and there was a noticiable difference with Element, tighter bass and just clearer everything, without amp they sounded sloppy and veiled in a way. Doesn't need to be anything expensive but their sound does change with a dedicated amp vs preinstalled shit on your notebook PC.

>>59860359
Don't expect much soundstage with HD600, imaging is really nice but out of AKG and Beyers thouse sound most narrow with HD650 sounding a bit more expansive but they are not that good and will sound too dark for your music tastes esp in female vocals.
>>
>>59848503
Pretty sure this one will work with yours.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Triad-Magnetics/WSU120-0700-R/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt5w6YCUaBPUXrfhsD5E87BpjCiYddl39M%3d
>>
I listened to someones SHP's, and compared to my 668B, I prefer the Superlux.

Seems like they have better bass and less grainy.
Are my ears broken?
>>
>>59859082

I find it amusing that LCD-2 has become somewhat underrated now. If you like their sound signature then I have to say that there is nothing else in the market that sounds like them with the possible exception of ZMF cans. Even then ZMF cans tend to sound V-shaped to me, at least the ones that I have tried in meets (I haven't heard his flagship stuff before), the LCD-2 definitely sounds more natural and open to me.

I used to own a first generation LCD-2 bought directly from them and honestly in my experience their customer service is great.
>>
opinions on the K712?
>>
>>59863438
SHP9500 are overhyped by memers here. The reality is that 9500 are average as fuck and suffer from nobass syndrome. Good for the price, but that's about it. I would still pick them over superluxes though. Basically your superluxes have garbage treble and shp9500 have garbage lows.
And as for why you like them better, you are used to how your headphones sound, obviously you will like them better. If you want to actually compare headphones, borrow shp for a week and compare both then.
>>
>>59863505
dogshit
>>
>>59863243
>Maybe if you plug it into a good dedicated sound card. Otherwise HD600 need at least a basic amp, I tried them on my macbookpro and friend's PC and then on Element and there was a noticiable difference with Element, tighter bass and just clearer everything, without amp they sounded sloppy and veiled in a way. Doesn't need to be anything expensive but their sound does change with a dedicated amp vs preinstalled shit on your notebook PC.
Expectation bias at its finest.
>>
>>59863515
Makes sense, do you have any EQ tips for the 668's?

I've tried to tame the treble by looking at their frequency response and compensating for dips and peaks.
>>
>>59863340
Polarity is inverted from what he needs. But all he needs to do is swap a couple wired around and he can fix that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-12-18-28-31.png (663KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-12-18-28-31.png
663KB, 1080x1920px
Thoughts?
>>
i'm about to buy koss porta pros.
make me not.

i know and use good audio gear at home. but i need something cheap for public transport.
>>
>>59863912
it's open designed and everyone is going to hear your little girl music on the bus
>>
>>59863899
Good idea, but not competitive with similarly priced regular headphones.
>>
>>59863937
so can you suggest me something closed with similar price to sound quality ratio?
>>
>>59863937
No pussy shit senpai.
>>
Sennheiser HD558 are my favorite for home use. Sound quality is on point, comfy, long ass chord, open design, $120... Only part I don't like is that the open design allows sound to leak out and external sound to leak in so they suck in public areas.
>>
>>59864006
M20x M30x M40x MDR-7506 MDR-V6 Sennheiser Urbanite on-ear or Beyerdynamic custom street on ear maybe v-moda

all prices vary because there's always sales but porta pro is gonna usually be unbeatable in price but not value imo
>>
File: K712[1].jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
K712[1].jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>Buy pic related
>Internet tells me I'll need a DAC+AMP to be able to listen to them
>They arrive and I plug them directly into my PC motherboard
>They work fine
>Barely ever have to set volume higher than 50%

Months later
>Read more discussion online
>Apparently I'm missing out on detail, fidelity, other buzzwords, etc
>"to get the most out of K712's you will need a good dac/amp"
>"huge improvement over audio directly from my computer"
>"the difference is night and day"
>look into buying the recommended hardware
>will cost approx AU$400
>the headphones themselves only cost AU$250

Should I had over my shekkles for what could potentially be a placebo effect?
>>
>>59864006
Creative Aurvana Live if you can find them for $50.
>>
>>59864160
Just grab a Fiio E10K or something off amazon. Return it if you can't hear a difference. 99% of amp/dac autism here is just aesthetic. I do like having a nice metal box on my desk with a spinny knob to play with but the actual audio quality improvement is minimal if your output isn't shit (which it may be, who knows).
>>
>>59864160
Fulla 2 is a very good starter dac+amp.

Will give you a nice volume knob, and do the job of telling you whether dac+amp is a must or not, with any headphones, against another source.
>>
>>59864192
>Amazon in Australia

Maybe one day

>>59864233
I've already read that cheap combo units don't do the headphones justice though. Not to mention that's not really cheap anyway - US$99 + US$50 shipping
>>
>>59864403
>no amazon to kike you out of your money with retarded purchases
Blessing and a curse.
>>
>>59861235
Even on headfi they admit this. Where are people getting told otherwise.
>>
File: mpv-shot0049_idx16.png (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0049_idx16.png
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>59864403
>Cheap
More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better.
>Fulla 2
Possibly the only dac/amp you'll ever need.
>>
>>59864403
The convenience of the volume knob is almost worth it to me.
Even if the audio is only marginally improved, it's nice to have.
>>
>>59864160
more bang for your buck buying pro audio hardware... a good USB or Fwire interface can be had for $300 USD

bonus is you get more outs if you want to run a pair of monitor speakers or something as well (almost always for stereo though, so setting up for home theater 5.1 would take some fiddling)

I'd look for something with 24 bit depth (costs a bit more) but I likes it loud.
>>
>>59864711
>a good USB or Fwire interface can be had for $300 USD
Christ, way to spend money, but...
>bonus is you get more outs if you want to run a pair of monitor speakers or something as well
Modi 2 Uber + Magni 2 Uber, HD600 on headphone, LSR305 on the preamp outs.

Something something endgame.
>>
>>59864765
>Modi 2 Uber + Magni 2 Uber, HD600 on headphone, LSR305 on the preamp outs.

Is this possible with a Fulla 2?
>>
>>59863656
Bump up the bass below 50Hz and EQ down the bass from 50-100ish Hz. Check the Headroom Measurements for reference.
>>
>>59864791
It kinda is, as it *does* have a DAC out (no vol knob) and a preamp out (vol knob).
>>
File: mpv-shot0041_idx16.png (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0041_idx16.png
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>59864765
>>59864791
>>59864918
I've got both stack and Fulla2. Opinions follow.

Fulla2 DAC is 99.9% a Modi2 (and definitely enough)
Fulla2 AMP is like 40% of a Magni2 (and highly likely enough). Only the Uber has the pre-outs.

Modi2 Uber/Multibit will give you more digital inputs or even a fancy multibit DAC implementation, but other than that there's no reason to get them over the Fulla2. Don't even think about the non-uber; Just makes no sense vs Fulla2.

So, Fulla2 is a very good starter.
>>
>be speakerfag
>buy poorfag Monoprice headphones
>use them for a year
>finally break
>go back to using speakers while some new poorfag headphones are in the mail
>nothing sounds right

Is this normal or did I fuck up my ears?
>>
>>59865110
>>59864530
B...but reddit said a Fulla 2 isnt enough for K712s, they say no USB DAC/AMP is good enough for them.

Who do I trust? Someone posting mongolian cartoons on a welsh croquet forum, or people on reddit that are just stroking themselves off over their investments in expensive placebo machines?
>>
>>59861235
>is the point of these things to clear up AUDIBLE DISTORTION AND NOISE??????
No, the point of a dac is to convert a digital signal into a analog one. Any or no distortion and noise is due to design and components.
>>
>>59865440
It's normal, you're just used to how the headphones sound.
>>
>>59863515
SHP9500s aren't the absolute best, but they're pretty great, and not only for the price.

They have bass, but not tons of bass. Not enough to rattle your ears, but enough to hear it in most types of music. That's what's expected with most open backs though. There are $300 headphones that people love that the SHPs hold up to well, and may be preferable in some ways.
>>
>>59864160
Don't, your motherboard is fine.

>>59864530
Wtf are these artifacts?

>>59865468
Don't listen to reddit, they're dumb as dirt regarding headphones.

>>59866068
I quite like these headphones.
>>
File: PowerADD.jpg (160KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PowerADD.jpg
160KB, 1200x1200px
I bought this for $20 and I'm still so disappointed.
>>
>>59866804
What is wrong with it?
>>
File: hpg.jpg (416KB, 1126x2414px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.jpg
416KB, 1126x2414px
>>59866848
Compared to my Jabra ROX Wireless, there is so much static and noise. Though I guess I around $120 for my ROX...

Tested the PowerADD with all three of my headphones in pic related with FLAC on my PC, laptop and phone.
>>
>>59864403
Ausbro here, I got my FiiO E10K from heaphones.com.au for around $100 on sale.

Good goys, always buy my shit from there.
>>
>>59867101
>headphones.com.au
Derp.
>>
>>59867101
Yeah I nearly bought one of those at the same time I bought my headphones, but I thought I'd wait to see if they work without it which they do so I'm glad I didn't
>>
Hey dudes,

>Budget
$50-100 cad

>Location
Canada

>Source
Pc motherboard

>Type of headphone
full size/over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Comfort is a high priority

>Sound signature
Something neutral

Thanks a bunch mates
>>
>>59866892
>HE-350
oh god those were fucking terrible. harsher treble than even beyers
>>
>>59867572
Probably out of your budget, but see:
>>59858930
>>59864151
>>59864163
>>
>DMS3 TV is now unitoniclly shilling $100+ cables
O I B Laffin

fuckin dropped
>>
>>59863673
Hmm... I thought I specified it right, center negative 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel.
>>
>>59866758
>Wtf are these artifacts?
Open the pic in a new tab or something, so that you get 1:1. It's just dithering. Pic is 16 color.
>>
>>59864160
I was in the same boat and I went through with it, the only benifits I can see is that I can control my volume with a knob
>>
If there's any /aus/ bros here Addicted to Audio is having a pretty decent sale right now.
>>
>>59869308
Ultimately it would depend on how hungry the headphones are and how bad the source you're comparing against.

Some sources do a great job. An amp+dac (like the fulla2) is just a good source.
>>
Fell asleep listening to my 598s. When I woke up, I was putting some pressure on the left cup. It still works fine, but it's now slightly more loose at the headband. Is there a way to adjust that tension?
>>
>>59864160
Amplifier/DAC checklist:
-Is it too quiet?
-Is the output impedance too high (resulting effect fixable by equalization)?
-Is there noise/EMI or hiss to it?
-Does it sound distorted as you start to crank up the volume?
If the answer is no, don't get one.
>>
>>59864160
Why are you buying a $400 dollar DAC/AMP when anything around $50+ will be better than what you have currently.
>>
File: Shit_taste_2nd_episode.jpg (213KB, 1356x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shit_taste_2nd_episode.jpg
213KB, 1356x768px
Hello!
>>
>>59869736
Good afternoon

What albums are those? I only recignize Brothers in Arms and Cohen
>>
>>59869290
rico flamel is gorgeous even under these constraints.
>>
>>59864160
Expensive SS amps are a meme but some headphones do require some basic amping, HD600 sounded noticeably different from my macbook vs amp. Get fulla 2 or a schiit stack, you can return them within 2 weeks anyway.
>>
>>59865468
A fulla 2 will drive almost every headphone out there no problem.

It's also small enough to carry around, and cheap enough you won't regret the purchase even if it happened to offer little improvement over the motherboard you have.
>>
>>59869772
Bo Diddley - Chess Box
Genesis - Foxtrot
Brian Eno - Before and After Science
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
David Bowie - Low
Lucio Battisti - Anima Latina
>>
>>59869851
Thanks
>>
>>59867588
I've had mine since August and they've "calmed down" since then. Most annoying part about them for me though is the head clamp force. Still waaaaay too much despite stretching it out every now and then.

I constantly swap between the HE-350 and the SHP9500 but I still prefer the former for pure sound quality and definition. Both are still breddy gud for the price though.
>>
>>59857305
>i'm considering laser engraving them to look cooler, but I haven't decided what to put on them yet.
Cool, i keep thinking the same about my V-Moda M80, but i'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to invest that money on a custom M100 instead.
>>
File: hd600.jpg (347KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
hd600.jpg
347KB, 1536x2048px
Just bought HD600s after using K701s for five years and wanted to share my initial thoughts as /g/ convinced me to buy them. Enjoying them a great deal but the level of quality between the two is certainly not the gulf that it's made out to be by some fanboys and I'd say the K701s are definitely much better value for money at the current price if price is a high factor in your decision.

So far I've found that the HD600 is excellent for folk and rock, and significantly surpasses the K701s for heavy metal. I get a more intimate feeling from the music - like I am front of stage right next to the band. Simon and Garfunkel in particular sounds fucking amazing out of what I've tested so far, but I've only had them for a few hours (the concept of burn in is an unmitigated load of shite if you ask me).

The K701s I find superior for music with a large variety of instruments - symphonies, concertos and more complex progressive rock and electronic music. I very much doubt the soundstage on the K70# series can be beaten at anywhere near their price.
>>
What's a good pair of headphones for watching anime?

I have a DAC and amp for my ma900s but I want another one.

Needs to be real comfy as my budget is only 350usd
>>
>>59870974
Give them a week of use or so (exclusive, leave the k701s alone for a while!) to allow you to get used to them.

You will definitely like them more after brain burn-in ;)
>>
>>59871083
Oh, I'm definitely enjoying them, but I'm still not sure which I prefer out of the two.

K701s definitely getting left alone for a while as one of the wires in the right earphone needs soldered (although I did temp fix with gaffer tape!).
>>
>>59871032
HD600.

Correctness > distorsion. :)
>>
>>59871109
Soundstage's addictive indeed.

I came from HD598, which also exaggerates soundstage, so it took me a while to adapt too.

Now the HD598 sound like garbage to me... nice soundstage though.
>>
>>59870974
As a K702 owner, I also was about to pull the trigger on the HD600 due to fanboyism and glorification of this miraculous headphone everyone talks about. But I've been really happy with my K702 since when I learnt to eq it.
>>
>>59871188
I've not heard the K702 but from what I understand it's basically the K701 with better bass.

If you like, keep an eye on this thread and in a week I'll post a more comprehensive comparison of the two? I can say straight away though that in terms of clarity and sound quality the difference between the two headphones is pretty minimal, the best choice may well boil down to what kind of music you most listen to.
>>
>>59870974
I was one of the people who posted in this thread.

>I very much doubt the soundstage on the K70# series can be beaten at anywhere near their price.
Sadly it's true. If you want better soundstage then you can get HD800 for just $900. Nothing before this compares to k701/k702 soundstage.

>Enjoying them a great deal but the level of quality between the two is certainly not the gulf that it's made out to be by some fanboys and I'd say the K701s are definitely much better value for money at the current price if price is a high factor in your decision.

Anything past $100-150 is diminishing returns. It is better, but as you can see differences are mostly there for people who can A/B compare both headphones.
>>
>>59871242
K702 and K701 are the same headphones, they just have different colours. Once you lower down the treble, you will notice that soundstage gets progressively smaller on the K701/K702. I still keep K702 with no eq for playing games though, its soundstage is unrivaled.
>>
>Budget
350+ NZD

>Location
NZ

>Source
Xonar DSX

>Type of headphone
full size

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
High

>Sound signature
Neutral

>Past headphones
akg k612

Need a closed back isolating headphone with similar quality to k612 due to people in my immediate vicinity being louder than ideal. Will likely still just use my k612 mostly just need something that for those peak loud hours. Considering dt770 but decided I should probably get some suggestions first
>>
>>59870974
I had the same impression going from a DT880 to a HD600, the HD is very good indeed, but for the price it isn't such an evolution as people would like to believe, if anything it is good at a few different things.
In the end it all comes down to signature and stage, and seeing how many Anons here seem to EQ their headphones to what they believe is more neutral i don't think it makes much of a difference.
>>
>>59871436
further research the ATH-MSR7 is the same price as a dt770, any thoughts on the msr7?
>>
>>59855433
the official Stax one is unregulated as well iirc
I didn't measure myself
>>
Thinking about upgrading to the X2, DT880 or HD650, and while I know the DT880 and HD650 require amps, would a Zorloo SuperDAC fit it fine, or am I doing to have to find a different DAC?
>>
>>59868951
You're right based on the datasheet values. I think the other anon got confused.

Thanks you for linking me. This is exactly what I need. 2.1mm (which I'm not sure of and have no way of checking but was told is correct), negative polarity, 12V, and 400mA+

Was looking on shitbay but could only find a 2.5mm from a decent supplier. I trust Mouser supply way more.
>>
Is there anything I can get with Wide Soundstage™ under $150?
>>
>>59872622
Ad700x perhaps? Not sure how much they cost today.
>>
>>59872622
HD599 or 598se .
>>
File: 14920191693651.jpg (191KB, 889x900px) Image search: [Google]
14920191693651.jpg
191KB, 889x900px
Sorry for posting in wrong thread but what will be better for PC desk:
BX2 + SMSL SA-50 or LSR305?
>>
>>59870974
Soundstage is just frequency response. When I EQ my HD800 to sound flat, the 'soundstage' disappears. Everything sounds in your face afterwards.
>>59871032
If you wanna go full weeb mode and use the headphones seiyuu then get CD900ST.
>>59872622
HD598 probably.
>>
>>59873549
The JBL is no doubt better for sound quality but the other setup might be more convenient since it has a volume pot.

You decide.
>>
>>59873606
>Everything sounds in your face afterward
What's the point of am HD800 than?
>>
>>59873878
Comfort.
>>
>>59874092
Is it THAT more comfortable than a HD600 or a DT880?
>>
File: 1488549746317.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1488549746317.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>59873606
>Soundstage is just frequency response
Did you mean sound signature?
>>
File: dt990_base.png (462KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dt990_base.png
462KB, 1000x1000px
>>59842164
ah man new headphones.
hard choice always because its so subjective.

just ordered my custom made dt990 from beyerdynamics

pretty excited.
>>
>>59873606
How the fuck you EQ down HD800 soundstage, I need details.
>>
>>59874624
>DT990
V-shaped :(
>>
>Desk chair catches cable of DT990s
>I think it broke a solder point inside the headphones. Left channel not working

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How do I open these up? I'm adept at soldering.

Maybe I'll do a detatchable mod so this shit doesn't happen again
>>
Hi /hpg/ I don't know anything about headphones but I just got a pair for my birthday. They seem great, but the audio jacks won't stay in their sockets without falling out whenever I move (or touch them at all, really). Is that...intended? Am I doing something wrong? Should I ask my uncle to get a refund (pls no that's embarrassing)?

Oh, and the headphones are "Brainwavz hm5", if that matters.
>>
>>59874624
custom made how?
>>
File: IMG_0528.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Oh shot /hpg/ what could it be?
*in a fucking car edition*
>>
>>59872592
Eh no problem. I consider it my civic duty to liberate folks from thinking that HD600 is the bestest and STAX is a good start.
>>
>>59874536
Yes. I have both and I've bought and returned the HD800 before purchasing it again because I hated the stock signature. It's really roomy inside which means that it keeps your ears cooler and it doesn't clamp as much as the DT880 or HD600. And while it's heavier than both headphones the weight distribution is better which leads to better long term comfort. Not that the DT880 or HD600 is bad, it's just that the HD800 is better. It also allows for a more consistent fit.

>>59874587
Same thing.

>>59874845
Nothing's wrong with that.

>>59874712
Boost the upper midrange around 3kHz, it'll sound less distant immediately.

>>59874863
There should be documentation on head-fi for the DT770/880/990 since they all have similar construction and every part is replaceable.

>>59874871
Seems faultly, didn't happen to me when I owned a variant of that headphone.

>>59874961
>massdrop

>>59874988
HD600 is better than anything STAX makes at the moment. Why people still shill these cult meme headphones is beyond me.
>>
File: IMG_0529.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I'm starting to see something...
>>
>>59874988
heh, you're speaking to an HD600 owner that just got that intro Lambda set, so you're spot on
>>
>>59875013
The memes.
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Tada!

>>59875046
Meme'd fucking hard
>>
>>59875006
>Seems faultly
Darn. I hate the embarrassing options. Anyway thanks anon.
>>
>>59875063
How much did it cost? It seems like great value for money.
>>
File: IMG_0532.jpg (4MB, 2634x3166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.jpg
4MB, 2634x3166px
Wow an actual textured hard cardboard display case
>>
>>59875006
HD600 is okay because they get the frequency response and tonality right but is technically poor. With something demanding, let's say a track with fast percussion and guitar bass or like something with multiple instruments playing at the same time then its shortcomings will be very apparent if you compare it to a better headphone, like a Lambda for example.
>>
File: IMG_0533.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>59875135
Got them used off eBay, around the same price as used regular 650s I believe.
>>
Is there a dumpster in Prague where I could find free headphones? Thanks.
>>
>>59875181
HD600 has limitations in its frequency response just like every other headphone out there, the reason it's heavily shilled and praised here is because it's a solid all-rounder and it has no major faults.

What you're referring to technicalities is probably a characteristic of the HD600's frequency response and/or its limitations. For instance it lacks some treble response around 8kHz and the Lambdas have more of a response in this region, and so does something in its price bracket like the DT880 or K701.

I don't think the Lambda (well I've only heard a few but they're more alike than different) is better than the HD600 or even other 'mid-fi' options like DT880 or K701. Just another exclusive product that gets praised because it isn't easily accessible.
>>
>>59875232
You see, I have no money, no credit card, no bitcoins. Can't do shit.
(I'm the same guy btw)
>>
File: IMG_0548.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
No snaps, I can tell how the plastic would snap if you try and bend it too much, but a lot more then it would bend to fit on your head. You would have to try and snap them.

I like the blue more than that spackle they have on the standard ones.
>>
>>59875249
How do you get food and water?
>>
>>59871436
Brainwavs HM5
>>
>>59864160
Anything better than a Fiio E10K is overkill for those headphones. I'm even using R70Xs with it just fine.
>>
>>59875261
Dumpsters, duh doy.
>>
>>59871670
>>
>>59849819
>high Ω
K612 are pretty sensitive. I can run them off my phone perfectly fine.
>>
>>59847850
Wiring broke. Either in the cable, the connector, or somewhere inside the headphone. Stop buying shitty headsets, or learn how to solder.
>>
>>59848503
Just beware that some stax power plugs have the contacts inverted or something.
>>
>>59875691
I assume you're talking about polarity which you're right. Stax stuff is negative while the majority in the US afaik is positive.
>>
>>59875063
Fuck yeah!

These are pretty good, almost as good as HD600.
>>
File: 1473434092134.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473434092134.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
>>59875232
>listening to czech grind with headphones
>>
File: YJ6TgJZ.jpg (56KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
YJ6TgJZ.jpg
56KB, 630x630px
I'v had some AT150s and they were too tight
Now using DT770s, but I'm looking for a headset of similar comfort and quality. My experience with desktop mics and their quality/software has bugged the ever-loving shit out of me. Wanna sell my Yeti and use my DT770s for something else.

>Budget
Not an issue, but no memes

>Location
USA

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Either, I live alone in a house

>Comfort level
I like soft non-leather/pleather earpads

>Sound signature
No XTREME bass and i'm fine
>>
Can you give me an advice ?

>Budget
~200€
>Location
France
>Source
PC + HiFi amp + TV (polyvalent)
>Type of headphone
supra-aural wireless
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
Neutral
>>
>>59875181
What's that? Is this the famous "congestion"(which doesn't exist) masked under fluff terms like fast or technicality? Last time someone here tried to meme about this was the moron who had just purchased Audio-GD's most expensive amp and HE-6s, explaining how "dynamics" can't "keep up" with more complex signals or some other pseudoscientific nonsense.
>>
>>59857823
It doesnt. The issue is, a lot of people have multiple headphones, or use speakers and the like, so switching EQs can be a pain.

If only one pair of headphones is ever used its a great solution though.
>>
>>59876902
But planars are simply superior, anon.
>>
>>59877148
Superior to what? Planars are dynamics. And if you mean moving coil vs planar dynamics or whatever you want to call them, no. Electrostats are planars. Looking at the transducer type is idiocy. It doesn't tell you _anything_ about the performance.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.