[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CPU fags get in here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Help me /g/ i have this problem for months

>pic related is cpu

when running game i get constant 60fps but then it falls and stutters a lot, so i thought it was a heating issue but then it gets back all of this in 5 min intervals keeps switching between normal smooth and then awful lag

my gpu heat is between 85°C and 95°C which is acceptable for this old laptop but my cpu's usage is what's bothering me during the stutters it falls to around 6% and when it's smooth it gets back to around 45%

tried overclocking and downvolting
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>59835023
this isn't a request, this is putting /g/ power to actual use instead of jerking off to different linux distributions everyday
>>
>>59835016
GPU is throttling at 95C, clean the heatsink out
>>
>>59835016
>tried overclocking and downvolting
Well the OC part is definitely the wrong direction. Try downclocking. If your BIOS doesn't give you options for the CPU, you can use the advanced power plan options to set your maximum processor state. 99% should disable turbo, which is quite the power hog.

Can you software underclock your GPU?
>>
>>59835365
i use intel extreme tuning and MSI after burning

So i should downclock to have constant performance and sacrifice maximum performance ?

>>59835296
frankly disassembling a laptop that much is quite overwhelming
>>
>>59835016
buy a can of compressed air, maybe 4 and spray that thing out. take it apart if you have to. fan may be going out or need new thermal paste.
>>
File: hitthebrickspal.png (328KB, 474x348px) Image search: [Google]
hitthebrickspal.png
328KB, 474x348px
>>59835401
>frankly disassembling a laptop that much is quite overwhelming
you're a moron, and should not be on /g/
>>>/v/
>>
>>59835443
didn't see the part where you stated you oc a laptop. you're asking for issues, disregard what I said and take it to Best buy and let the geek squad sort it out.
>>
>>59835401
>i use intel extreme tuning and MSI after burning
If you have the option there, go ahead and use it.

>So i should downclock to have constant performance and sacrifice maximum performance ?

Yes. A steady 80% performance is probably a little better than 100% --> 3% cripple mode.
>>
>>59835023
You've won the Gayest Trip award.
>>
DELETE your cpu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.