[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I install LAMP on Ubuntu 16.04.2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: logo-lamp21.png (41KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
logo-lamp21.png
41KB, 640x400px
I just started with linux and I wanted to mount a local server with mysql and phpmyadmin to practise some sql.

Thing is, I'm fucking lost. Not that I couldn't just copy and paste commands from some tutorial, but I want to understand what is really needed for my needs, and do it before tomorrow. For example some guides tell you to apt-get php and others to apt-get php.7 or whatever.
Besides there are some modules that might or might not be needed, and I wanted just the minimal things required.

So how do I proceed?

For now I have the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install mysql-server

the problem comes with php and phpmyadmin and the modules you can install. Some say x and y, then other guides say x, y and z for the exact same purposes
> php5-curl php5-gd php5-intl php-pear php5-imagick php5-imap php5-mcrypt php5-memcache php5-ming fucking-shit

Can you help me? All I want is to get the latest versions of these programs in order to run a local mysql database and manage it through phpmyadmin, and just the strictly necessary modules to run it. Nothing extra.

Also what about lamp-server^ ?
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but thanks if you can help me.
>>
Please post gentoo related support questions only.
>>
>>59833662
doesn't' installing php-myadmin drag in all the dependencies it needs?
>>
>>59833697
I don't know, I'm new. Never knew it would be so complicated to do something so simple.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (587KB, 854x958px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
587KB, 854x958px
>>59833743
well whenever you install a package in ubuntu it will also install all the other things that the package needs to run (along with some recommended packages that you may well want but aren't required)
>>
>>59833851
lol thanks I wonder then why every tut out there makes you do all those steps, by the way do you know a way to uninstall absolutely everything that it installs so that it'd be like I hadn't installed anything?
>>
>>59833743
it's not complicated and there's so many guides out there it's not even funny
>>
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^

you're welcome
>>
>>59833979
>a way to uninstall absolutely everything that it installs so that it'd be like I hadn't installed anything?

that can get tricky, apt-get remove "package name, should remove dependencies as well...kinda - its supposed too, but often doesn't

apt-get purge "package name", can be used to also remove all configuration files a pakcge makes

also of note is apt-get autoremove, which should clean up any orphaned packages that are no longer required by any other packages.

if you're worried about mucking things up, the best way to learn is to use a virtual machine where you can play to you're hearts content and just wipe/reinstall
>>
>>59834020
No one really explains it as they should. Hence why I'm here after reading almost them all.

>>59834031
Yeah I mentioned this option, of which I still don't know exactly what it does. I do know it doesn't install phpmyadmin, or at least I think so, so I remain the same about it.

>>59834072
Yeah, I am using that but mine's slow and there's only a certain amount of time I can use to figure things out. This should be way easier. Anyways thanks for the help.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.