[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the very first programming language one should learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1445208456450.jpg (52KB, 460x615px) Image search: [Google]
1445208456450.jpg
52KB, 460x615px
What is the very first programming language one should learn if they wanted to get into web development?
>>
Assembly
>>
>>59830466
I hate to tell you OP, javascript

Fuck my sides, how did things ever get this bad
>>
>>59830489
No no, it's okay. I'm glad you're being honest because I heard similar already but I wanted to hear it from /g/ because I know how autistic you guys are about this sort of thing.

I already know a lot of Java and Python so hopefully that helps a little.
>>
>>59830546
In which case you'll be fine.

Best advice I can give is try to avoid the latest meme framework and just stick to using one thing. I personally like ember.js, it's an opinionated stack that includes everything you need to make a single-page app. No bs decisions to make when you're just getting started. When you get to the level of wanting to customise build tooling etc, you'll have a much better grasp of what you want and need.

Just use vanilla javascript if you're only using js to add functionality to existing sites. jQuery isn't trendy anymore, but it's useful learn to understand where the js framework explosion came from.
>>
>>59830466
C++.

If you can't write C++, get the fuck out of the industry you useless mouth breather
>>
File: 1469099464329.jpg (44KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1469099464329.jpg
44KB, 282x341px
>>59830708
>C++
>>
What kind of web development?
>>
>>59830737
I don't know yet. What would you recommend?
>>
>>59830489
Anon, you're disappointing. Encouraging people to wreck themselves on the JS reef is no assistance. Not for him, nor for the humanity.
>>
Javascript since you can't really avoid it if you want to work on modern websites.
>>
>Programming language
>Web development

Would you ask which musical instrument to learn to appreciate itunes?

And anon was enlightened
>>
>>59830466

PHP. in 30 min
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TF00hJI78Y

Then learn Lavavel. A framework for building web stuffs with php.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8B4og-BeCk&list=PLwAKR305CRO-Q90J---jXVzbOd4CDRbVx
>>
>>59830753
Server-side development is more enjoyable to me.
It puts your focus on writing clean, well-organized, and performant code.
Client side development is largely user experience, ease of use, and (sadly) prettiness.

You will find a lot more gimmicks in client-side development. You will be bogged down in JavaScript libraries.
>>
>>59830821
Well, if I wanted to go into server-side then knowing Java is already what I need right? Should I be focusing on something other than learning new languages, or is Java not enough?
>>
>>59830843
Learn the Spring framework for java atleast
>>
x86 ASM should do the job
>>
>>59830843
>Well, if I wanted to go into server-side then knowing Java is already what I need right?
Java can be used for server-side development (it's probably one of the largest), but it isn't all you need.

Checkout Spring if you're going the Java route. Read up on RESTful API design, MVC design patterns.
>>
>>59830734
It would weed out all the knuckle dragging plebs and pajeets ruining the industry and building web pages that consume 90% of a modern cpu for ad trackers and popups.

>but c++ is hard!
>i need muh memory safety!
>i need muh framewerks!
>what...about...muh...snowflake...language!
Go be a waiter at Denny's.
>>
>>59830914
You sound really bitter. Did something personally happen to you or are you just an idealist with an ego?
>>
>>59830914
And before some tard replies: yes I know there's no C++ client side. And I don't even think C++ is the best language server side.

The point is to weed out the mouth breathers. If you know C/C++ you have some fucking clue how a computer actually works and won't import 25MB of js libraries or write an O(n^9) algorithm to rotate a fucking ad.
>>
>>59830947
>Did something personally happen to you
Yes. I was in a timeline where web pages were compact and consumed nearly zero cpu/memory/battery resources.

Then I woke up in this timeline.
>>
>>59830466
PHP :^)
>>
>>59830972
So a jaded idealist then.
>>
>>59830986
>expecting efficient solutions from well trained professionals
>"idealism"
You have to go back.
>>
>>59830466
elm for front end,
elixir for backand
>>
>>59831018
>the world would be better if it wasn't the way it is
>mad about it

You're an idealist.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.