[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are clients that are this stupid worth keeping? Last invoice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0286.jpg (167KB, 896x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
167KB, 896x1080px
Are clients that are this stupid worth keeping? Last invoice took 2 months to pay.

Also free lancing horror stories thread
>>
Can't you read or something?
>>
best that you can do with dry clients is cut them off and DONT GIVE THEM SHIT until they pay what they are in debt to you. if you work like a charity they will not pay ever. clear your accounts with a client before you take another job from them or you will find yourself in a situation where they drag you back by telling you they pay with "the next" payment.

just
dont
ever
stay
around
these
scum
>>
>>59829740
Not sure what your trying to say. Yes I can read? My point is that if this retard can't explain something through email is this worth my time or should I just get rid of them.

>>59829862
Thanks.
>>
>>59829862
2nded. If you give these people an inch, they will take a mile. It's worth firing clients like this rather than holding out for the elusive payment

Source: I work for a company that scumbags vendors like this :(
>>
File: i mean really.jpg (80KB, 530x686px) Image search: [Google]
i mean really.jpg
80KB, 530x686px
>>59830355
Not everyone is Mark Twain and can express themselves eloquently in written words. Obviously you are dealing with a person who can not express themselves well through text.

And your inability to understand this shows some of your autism. How about you stop conducting business by text?? That is rather unprofessional to discuss crucial matters such as pricing.

Even phone is better than written email or text. how about you fucking show up like a god damn professional you are perpetrating to be?
>>
>>59830355
lol are you retarded? There are plenty of legit things in the world that are much easier to explain in person or over the phone than in text.

Be honest. How nonexistent is your real life social life?
>>
>>59832448
While there is some true sentiment to what you are saying, when it comes to money it's almost always better to keep it in email, that way you have written evidence. That's pretty standard.
>>
>>59832448
>>59832579
I just got off the phone with one of them and it was literally: change pricing for two membership from x to y and y to z.

They are the ones who text me instead of email, and take 2 months to pay an invoice, hence thread.

fucks like you who need to talk on the phone for an hour everyday wasting my time because they can't explain shit in written form are the fucking bane of my existence. Seriously, just learn to fucking write.
>>
>>59832655
The world is not going to adapt to your needs, it is the other way around.
>>
>>59832635
Do you have poor social skills? Serious questions not fucking with you, most normal people will talk it out, and then write it down, no one wants to negotiate over 15 different texts/emails or even 3. It's easier for people to talk with one another. I lack on the social skills dept and even I know this.
>>59832655
>stop being like you are and be more like me

how about you grow the fuck up and realize everyone is different and they will never be the way you want them to be. Had you called them two months ago you would have spared yourself the agony.
>>
>>59829652
>A: Thanks
>B: Thanks

This aggravates my autism. Why do people give thanks for receiving thanks? You're supposed to say "you're welcome," aren't you?
>>
>>59832753
I said thanks because they paid the invoice.

>>59832719
Calling them on the phone would have resulted in my invoice instantaneously being paid? Wow why didn't someone tell me.

>>59832710
Or I can just fire them and have time for more work with better clients?
>>
>>59832781
>Calling them on the phone would have resulted in my invoice instantaneously being paid? Wow why didn't someone tell me.

Actually, yeah it may have had that result, do you think companies or your clients are as organized or efficient as you are?
>>
>>59832719
It's not a matter of convenience or social skills you fucking knob, it's just good business to keep written proof of negotiations from a client. Yes, I agree the back and forth doesn't need to be written down in its entirety, but let's not act like it's "unprofessional" to use email correspondence as any sensible business does.
>>
>>59832835
>it's just good business to keep written proof of negotiations from a client
why do you require any back and fourth to be written down if they are in fact negotiations and not a final number?
>>
>>59832835
you do know you are able to record your calls and use those as evidence, right? and that emails can be falsified, right?
>>
Use QuickBooks. Faggot. Don't you listen to relay.fm/cortex ?
>>
>>59832930
Who the fuck records all their calls?
>>
>>59832993
I have no idea anon, you just seem to have a need to gather records of communications with your clients as """""""evidence""""""", but it looks like you are the problem here, not the client.
>>
>>59832993
Arte you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?
>>
>>59833167
>>59833177
>watching autistic coders not know who they are arguing with
> /g/
>>
>>59829652

Whether they're worth keeping depends on whether you can live without them, whether they give you good referrals, whether they are consistently paying (consistent in 2 months > randomly 4-9 weeks) etc. If not, then answer is no.

With the kind you mention I change from PAYG to retainer. You pay me X per month, invoices are charged against it. Miss a payment? Talk to accounts receivable (my missus) before you ca talk again to me. No missus? Fake one with a new email account.
>>
http://harvestapp.com
sends reminders automatically for unpaid invoices for freelancers. free too
>>
>>59832448
hi,
can you change price of itemA(00000001) to $4.35
and change price of itemB(00000002) to $555.66

thanks,
your client

wow so elegant and sophisticated, am I Mark Twain?
>>
>>59833622
that really triggered you anon
>>
>>59833655
i had to stop reading it half way through
>>
>>59833655
>someone calls me one of the greatest literary minds in history

>triggered

What did he mean by this /g/?
>>
>>59829652
>>59830355
>>59832655
>>59832781
>>59833622
>otherplanet.net

you need to start using the forum there, it will help you.
>>
File: retardation.png (166KB, 500x859px) Image search: [Google]
retardation.png
166KB, 500x859px
>>59833984
>wrongplanet
>>
>>59832930
>you do know you are able to record your calls and use those as evidence, right?

Many Western countries don't allow this without prior notification. Overtly telling his clients he's recording them probably wouldn't be good for business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws
>>
>>59829652
Out of curiosity, what was the job?
>>
Sorry OP, you need to realize that the majority of /g/ are either anti-social whiney bitches with aspergers or simply worthless NEETs. This is the only place they feel like they have any power. Imagine how bad their lives must suck and next time don't bother making a thread here.
>>
>>59834090
I am new to g, but I think I'll stay. Seems comfy if not slightly autistic.

If I'm only freelancing, am I a NEET?

>>59833984
Thanks man. bookmarked.
>>
>>59834122
Freelancing is living the dream, self employed. That means you are not a NEET.

NEET == Not in education, employment or training
>>
>>59834070
Its been primarily getting Stripe working with a Brilliant Directories website, as they just NEEDED to have free trials.
>>
you're being made to work for free and scammed lmao
>>
>>59834062
>Overtly telling his clients he's recording them probably wouldn't be good for business.

not being able to communicate with your clients like a normal human being is also not good for business.
>>
>>59829652
As long as they pay, they are worth keeping. Prioritze the clients who pay and how much they pay. If they pay zero, find other people who pay more.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.