[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sw/ - Software General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 18

This is a thread to share with other /g/ lurkers and posters what little gemstones you've found over the years that improves your computer's quality of life.

Feel free to share such obvious ones like CCleaner and other not so obvious ones like Diskeeper!

I guess I'll start toe ball rolling... Honeyview - Can read just about any picture format, even obscure ones.
>>
>>59826881
Shameless bump!
>>
Caesium for saving "good enough" backups of photos to the cloud. INB4 muh freedoms, don't care if the government sees photos of my aunt's birthday.
>>
>>59826881
Off topic, is it safe to post your Github links on /g/?
>>
>>59827223
OP here - Of course it is bud, I've found a few great pieces of software on /g/ over the years; Diskeeper, Honeyview, and one I was keeping to myself because I love it - Sandboxie.

It's an exceptional program. I've used it for years and is one of the new computing software products I've paid for.

With all that said, post Github links if it's a truly great program that not many have heard of bud.
>>
Rainmeter desktop skins add functional customizability

Winrar but it is not free software
>>
>>59827216
It's an image compressor?
>>
File: linux_software.jpg (534KB, 1024x1400px) Image search: [Google]
linux_software.jpg
534KB, 1024x1400px
>>
>>59827392
I don't use Linux personally but this is still pretty handy nonetheless; thanks for your contribution.

Additionally, sharing more unknown gemstones here if ultimately the goal.
>>
File: trayy.png (210KB, 1000x643px) Image search: [Google]
trayy.png
210KB, 1000x643px
>>59827421
heres the shit I used in tray threads before I was done with windows for regular use
>>
File: copyq.png (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
copyq.png
41KB, 640x360px
>>59826881
CopyQ clipboard manager for both Windows, and Lin/GNU/x. Open source, scriptable, themable, and can encrypt clippings. Current version for Windows is 3, AUR repo should be getting the update soon.
>>
File: Xournal.png (46KB, 643x353px) Image search: [Google]
Xournal.png
46KB, 643x353px
'Xournal is an application for notetaking, sketching, keeping a journal using a stylus [or mouse]. It is free software (GNU GPL) and runs on Linux (recent distributions) and other GTK+/Gnome platforms. [Windows binaries also available] It is similar to Microsoft Windows Journal or to other alternatives such as Jarnal, Gournal, and NoteLab.'
>>
nvALT. Quick and simple note-taking application for Mac. There's also a similar cross-platform application called nvPY, and a Windows-only application called Notation, all of which are based off of Notational Velocity.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224KB, 1366x768px
>>59827255
Rainmeter skins can get really bad really fast
>>
>>59827450
Great link, thanks for your contribution!

>>59827477
That would be handy, I'm always copying and pasting things.

>>59827593
I tend to use my Google Keep for everything on my phone for notes as it auto syncs everything but thanks again for your contribution for Linux users.

>>59828440
MAD

Also I thought of another one - Teracopy. Far more information than Windows' build in shit UI.
>>
>>59827255
y not peazip?
>>
>>59829049
I haven't even heard of Peazip, but 7zip is my go-to guy.
>>
>>59826881
This look like it has potential.

Anyone tried keepassx? Would recommend.
>>
>>59832499
I keep all my passwords in my head :)
>>
>>59832499
Yep, I use it on Win7, Lin/GNU/x, Android.
>>
Youtube-dl lets you download youtube videos without having to rely on sites and other bloated software. You just type youtube-dl "your link" in terminal. It works with a ton of other sites too.
>>
File: cherrytree-main_window_text.png (163KB, 888x608px) Image search: [Google]
cherrytree-main_window_text.png
163KB, 888x608px
>CherryTree
A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
>>
>>59829049
I like Easy 7zip.
>>
The VeraCrypt + SyncBackFree combo is almost perfect for backing up. Really simple and secure.
>>
icaros.
webm thumbnail and other stuff.
>>
File: Sankore.jpg (27KB, 618x348px) Image search: [Google]
Sankore.jpg
27KB, 618x348px
>Open-Sankore
The free, open-source interactive digit white board. You can build a simple IR emitter pen and 'draw' on the screen.
>>
File: zim-wiki.png (64KB, 634x541px) Image search: [Google]
zim-wiki.png
64KB, 634x541px
>Zim Wiki
Zim is a graphical text editor used to maintain a collection of wiki pages. Each page can contain links to other pages, simple formatting and images. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, and can have attachments. Creating a new page is as easy as linking to a nonexistent page. All data is stored in plain text files with wiki formatting. Various plugins provide additional functionality, like a task list manager, an equation editor, a tray icon, and support for version control.
Nice demo video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBZpWgzO9Ps
>>
File: Springseed.png (93KB, 1016x469px) Image search: [Google]
Springseed.png
93KB, 1016x469px
>Springseed
Simple note taking app with cloud integration. Full markdown support and more.
>>
File: basket-note-pads-3d.png (121KB, 491x383px) Image search: [Google]
basket-note-pads-3d.png
121KB, 491x383px
>Basket NotePads
This multi-purpose note-taking application helps you to:
Easily take all sort of notes
Collect research results and share them
Centralize your project data and reuse it
Quickly organize your thoughts in idea boxes
Keep track of your information in a smart way
Make intelligent To Do lists
And a lot more...
>>
File: bibisco.jpg (223KB, 1289x747px) Image search: [Google]
bibisco.jpg
223KB, 1289x747px
An article with some additional resources for writers, publishers, researchers, note takers, and novelists. some already mentioned here already, some not. All free.
http://www.maxhertzberg.co.uk/publishing/publishing-with-free-software/
>>
File: Install-Webmin-in-Linux.png (149KB, 720x345px) Image search: [Google]
Install-Webmin-in-Linux.png
149KB, 720x345px
>Webmin
Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely.
>>
File: FSViewerScreenShot1.jpg (44KB, 463x338px) Image search: [Google]
FSViewerScreenShot1.jpg
44KB, 463x338px
>Faststone Image Viewer
My defacto choice for Windows. Free for home users. Ihave been a user for many years. If you liked ACDsee 3.1, you'll appreciate Faststone. Many, many features. Will mostly work under wine, but, your mileage may vary.
>>
>Plex
Plex is two things: a server that you install on a computer with movies/TV/music, and an app you use to stream that media to your iOS/Android/WP/Xbox/Roku device (among others). There's also a web interface for accessing it through a (desktop/laptop) web browser.

>Streamlink and Streamlink Twitch GUI
Streamlink is a command-line program that allows you to stream many video streaming websites to a video player of your choice (e.g., mpv, VLC, etc.) Streamlink supports many sites like Crunchyroll and Twitch. Streamlink Twitch GUI is a Twitch-specific program that streamlines browsing and launching Twitch streams through Streamlink.

>ShareX
Windows-only image/file uploader. Better than Greenshot, IMO.

>Search Everything
Windows-only search tool that uses built-in NTFS metadata. Much faster than Windows' built-in search function, especially for 7.

>Networx
Bandwidth monitor. Also keeps statistics on bandwidth usage. Windows-only, and as of version 6.0 has been paywalled, but version 5.5.5 is freeware and just as good.
>>
File: Drivegleem.png (12KB, 521x378px) Image search: [Google]
Drivegleem.png
12KB, 521x378px
>DriveGLEAM
An oldie but goodie, DriveGLEAM is a free software based harddrive activity indicator for windows with some interesting features. Will only work under Windows 32x64 with dlportio.dll, or impout.dll. Really handy for pcs that dont have HDD activity indicators, and LPT port hackers like me.

http://www.dirtcellar.net/software/drivegleam/drivegleam.php
>>
File: CyberDuck.png (54KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
CyberDuck.png
54KB, 625x552px
>CyberDuck
Cyberduck is a libre FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3, Backblaze B2, Azure & OpenStack Swift browser for Mac and Windows. Nice alternative to Filezilla.
>>
File: LocalAPK_screenshot_001.jpg (96KB, 1200x621px) Image search: [Google]
LocalAPK_screenshot_001.jpg
96KB, 1200x621px
>Local APK
LocalAPK is a freeware Windows utility which helps you organize your APK file collection. It contains several features to facilitate the organizing of Android APK files.
http://www.breezie.be/dev/localapk/
>>
File: APKshellEXT2.png (77KB, 580x290px) Image search: [Google]
APKshellEXT2.png
77KB, 580x290px
>APKShellExt2
Features:
Show icons for mobile apps in Windows Explorer
Supports .apk (Android), .ipa (iOS) and .appx/.appxbundle (Windows Phone)
Show package information in the tooltip
Batch rename .apk files
"Go to app store" shortcut.
I WISH this and LocalAPK were available for Lin/GNU/X, but NOOOOOOOO!
http://www.apkshellext.com/
>>
>>59827392
Shitty apps guy, is that you? Where have you been bro?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.