[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is C# just Java with an added layer of pajeet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Is C# just Java with an added layer of pajeet?
>>
History wise? Yes

when in Actual use? No
>>
>>59826219
>mfw all the NSA shills in this board memeing against managed code because they don't want you to stop feeding them easy to exploit buffer overflows
Reminder to sage, hide and report posters shilling for the eternal C behind every buffer overflow.
>>
>>59826219
I'd rather be forced to deal with a C# codebase than a Java one any day.
>>
C# is Java but with some very sweet syntactic sugar, .NET and no portability.
>>
File: lolwut.png (448KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.png
448KB, 736x736px
>>59827665
>no portability
>>
>>59827665
Most people are moving away from Java whenever they can to Kotlin, Scala, and Clojure
>>
>>59826219
No, but I'd like to take pic related out to dinner, dessert, and a nice long walk while holding hands.
>>
>>59827959
this

kotlin is so much better than java

I never want to go back
>>
>>59827665
C# can be run on linux and osx now
>>
>>59826219
Its java without the retarded additional layers of pajeet
>>
>>59827959
It's still JVM.
>>
>>59828609
the jvm is the best part of java
>>
>>59826219
I don't care what every one you think.
Java is fun. I always enjoy programming in Java.
>>
>>59829405

How?
>>
>>59829554
I love that feeling when I read a java code snippet and immediately know what it does.
Data types, return values- everything is very clear and easy which improves code readability -can't say the same about python and js.
I love the huge amount of tools and libraries for literally everything tbat java offers. It's alanguage with rich experience and knowlege and not memey-trendy hilster language.
>>
>>59829605

There are other languages that implement strong typing, you know.
>>
>>59828081
Yeah, but even slower than java, and very unstable.
>>
>>59829870
Are you retarded? .NET core is a fucking gift from god, fast and stable as fuck
>>
>>59827959
>Kotlin
fuck that piece of shit
>>
>>59829916
It's still slower than Java and has a lot less libraries
>>
>>59829916
Call me back when I'll have Windows Forms.
>>
>>59829916
>GUIs don't even work
>stable
>>
>>59829916
.net core is way slower than Java
>>
>>59828609
the JVM is actually an excellent piece of technology, its java that sucks
>>
>>59829916

See >>59829345
>>
>>59829957
i wouldn't say WAY slower..

http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/csharp.html

out of 10 benchmarks, java wins 6 and dotnet core wins 4, but in all benchmarks they're pretty close.

difference is dotnet core is no near the maturity of the JVM, imagine in a few years.

also C# code is a blessing, java is just horrible..
>>
>>59829605
>comparing static languages with dynamic ones
seriously?..
>>
>>59830535
>C# beats Java by 5% in its best benchmarks
>Java literally outperforms C# by 2 to 3 times in others

>Let- lets just call it a draw guys
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.