[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ahahaha nice joke Microsoft. It all worked perfectly a month ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: vs2017.png (10KB, 517x260px) Image search: [Google]
vs2017.png
10KB, 517x260px
Ahahaha nice joke Microsoft. It all worked perfectly a month ago.
>>
GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem. I used the same version of Arch for years without problems. :^)
>>
File: 1490212703797.jpg (182KB, 764x650px) Image search: [Google]
1490212703797.jpg
182KB, 764x650px
Werks on my machineā„¢.
>>
They luckily only had that stupid check in the bootstrapper and I could just download the stuff I needed by using the downloadUrl in the vs_setup_bootstrapper.config file.

I just don't feel like installing either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 which are both fucking horrible.
>>
>>59824930
I think you might be the only person in the entire world that prefers Windows 8 to 8.1.
>>
>>59824446
time to upgrade :)
>>
>>59824964
With a start menu program like classic shell or StartIsBack Windows 8 is a better Windows 7. Windows 8.1 added more useless shit no one wants to use and broke a lot of old stuff.
>>
>>59824446
Did you upgrade to VS 2017?
>>
>>59825051
StartIsBack still works on 8.1, and 8 doesn't get anymore updates and is a buggy piece of shit.
>>
>>59825240
Running it next to VS 2015, so using 2015 for work and 2017 for hobby projects. I also managed to update it by bypassing the update bootstrapper and using a direct link to the update.

>>59825256
I know StartIsBack+ works on 8.1, was using it before I downgraded back to Windows 8. 8.1 only added shit to make the modern ui work better and fucked shit up all over the place. Hack I would take Windows Vista over 8.1 and 10 any day.
>>
>>59825051
>With a start menu program
having to run a closed source third party software in administrator mode, only microsoft can spy me with windows 7

>Windows 8 is a better Windows 7.
like what? really?
ive used 8,81,10 on friends computers, and its just annoying with duplicate control panel settings, sometimes you have to enable/change shit on both metro and classic control panel
>>
>>59824446
I am still using Windows 7 and Visual Studio Express from 2008
>>
>>59824862
Who the FUCK is ELM-Chan?
>>
>>59825387
You for example can turn off Favourites in Windows Explorer, Finally sort files by file extension. The task Manager is also better and also the file dialog is better.

I don't really remember ever having to use Metro stuff to do things in Windows 8. And seeing as how I have my ProgramData folder on a different drive than the C: drive Metro just doesn't work at all.
>>
>>59824446
Free software serves its users, while proprietary software serves its editor. That's why I use GNU/Vim
>>
>>59826545
I also like Vim but I would rather just use VS when doing ASP.net and c# stuff. Also Vim is luckily not licensed under GPL. GPL is fucking cancerous and taints everything that it touches.
>>
>>59826661
That's a license, you need to calm down
>>
Vim on Linux doesn't have this problem.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.