[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone here who doesn't like programming but forced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1461643122186.png (344KB, 543x475px) Image search: [Google]
1461643122186.png
344KB, 543x475px
Is there anyone here who doesn't like programming but forced yourself to do it to get a programming job for the money? If so, how do you feel about your career now?
>>
You're describing like 90% of corporate programmers, corporate anything really. It's a job, you get paid. Job happiness is a bad meme, as long as it's not bad for your health it's fine.
>>
>>59821869
I'd rather flip burgers than program for a living.
>>
>>59822147
this
>>
File: q6lju22stgny.jpg (43KB, 750x697px) Image search: [Google]
q6lju22stgny.jpg
43KB, 750x697px
I got the degree but not the job. Programming is such a pain in the ass I agree with >>59822147
>>
that was disheartening
>>
>>59821869
I can code and do sysadmin/network admin job but I decided becoming a freelance instead of working for any company.
>>
>>59821869
me. i never programmed before college but got into CS for the job. did ok. graduated 6 years ago. i've been working in the industry since then.

career is okay. i get paid decently but like

>>59822147
>>59822299
>>59822332

i'd rather do something else than program for other people. unfortunately doing something else will certainly pay a lot less
>>
>>59822635
Do you do any programming outside of work?
>>
>>59821869
>programming job for the money

That's a good one.

Programmers are nothing but modern slaves.
>>
The best a programming job can offer is a chance to ascend in the IT industry. Programmers themselves are nothing but monkeys on typewriters.

It's a great place to start, but a horrible place to end up.

The problem is that it's a lot of pressure for not much real reward.

Unless your some sort of programming god (and you're not, trust me), it's borderline a waste of a life.
>>
>>59823062
>not going freelance, making a successful android app, and collecting $18 billion dollars
>>
>>59821869
Yo I mean you don't have to like, love it. Im ok at it and I don't hate it, id prefer to do something else, but I make good money to support my Independence and my out-of-work hobbies. If you absolutely despise it though then don't do it because not only are you going to age fast as hell from the unhappiness you're also going to be a shit person to have on a team.
>>
>>59823086

Yeah, and for that 1% that's going to be an amazing life. But for the 99% that remain, programming is going to be nothing but a slow devouring hell that you yourself have chosen.

That being said, the community is doing wonders to dispel the stigmas behind it, and it's one of the few branches of the IT world that I have personally experience to be growing in a positive way.

The nicest thing I can say about programmers is that it probably offers more job-security than other occupations.

The reality is that normies still see programming as voodoo and witchcraft, and robots aren't really anywhere close to being able to removing the human component of the process.
>>
I don't really like programming. It's fine work though. I'm grateful I'm not wanting tables, or doing physically hard labor.

I doubt these guys who would rather flip burgers have flipped burgers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.