[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB-C

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1486468935862.png (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486468935862.png
9KB, 300x225px
is it worth it adding USB-C to PCs that don't have it?
>>
Do you have something you wanna plug into your PC that requires USB-C? If so, yes.

If not, no, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>59818770
what about switching shit over to USB-C? what's worth moving over for extra speed and other advantages? thats what I wanted to know.
>>
>>59818803
There won't be any speed advantages unless the controller built into the device bus is faster.

The only advantage is that you won't look like a retard fiddling around wondering if you're plugging it in the right way this time. Though there are power advantages in USB C. USB C can carry display port. It can also do thunderbolt 2.0.

But for everyday items? The only advantage I can think of the the reversible connector, and more insertions. And I guess the fact that its a little smaller than USB-A

>>59818770
This post sums it up nicely. USB-C is for USB-C devices. It can't be clearer than that.
>>
>>59818654
USB-C is a meme port that needs to die

There is nothing wrong with type A and Mico USB, fucking normies ruin all tech

I fucking wanna kill myself
>>
>>59818654
I've had one on my mobo for almost two years now and I have never used it.
>>
>>59818654
if (own any devices that use usb type c)
"then yes it is worth it"

Else
"go away"
>>
>>59819015
it has no real downsides but the advantage of being easier to plug in a cord. What's there to dislike.
>>
>>59819015
>Nothing wrong with microUSB
Please, do kill yourself, go ahead
>>
>>59819015
>USB-C is a meme port that needs to die
Literally ZERO chance of that happening. I watched CES 2017 coverage and almost every device with external connections had it.

It's here to stay for sure.
>>
>>59819015
I think you're just saying that because apple is helping roll it out. The one good thing apple has ever done, was help roll out a better USB standard. It's an open standard, has more pins, can deliver more power, can be used either way up, same connector on each side of the cable.. It's time to stop being a fag, friend.
>>
Yes actually since for some reason many motherboards don't come with HDMI 2.0, so you could just usb a USB-C to HDMi 2.0 dongle to get 4k 60fps.
>>
>>59819776
Not really, if the controller doesn't support it then it wont work.
>>
>>59819805
Heh? What about PCIe UCB-C card... can't it do monitor shit?
>>
>>59818654
It will be better in the long run that we do, but in today's time it's a non-issue and we're better off with USB-A on PCs.
>>
>>59819015
Type A has less bandwidth, takes more space, isn't as durable
>>
If you buy type-c peripherals,
you won't be able to use them with computers that only have type-a.
No approved adapter exists.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.