[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ what voltage battery would i need for a raspbarry pi 3 ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

hey /g/ what voltage battery would i need for a raspbarry pi 3 ?
>>
>>59817751
What kind of battery do you plan on using?
>>
>>59817751
It literally tells you what's required on the website. Sage.
>>
>>59817751
pi uses 5v, you can use any battery you want and have a buck or boost converter to make up that 5v.

a lot of people use 4xAA batteries,
>>
You need a stable 5V DC output. The voltage of a battery lowers as it is discharged. You'd need stabilizing circuitry to make that work, not to mention good enough batteries to handle the 2.1A continuous current needed by the rpi.
>>
>>59817751
just get one of those USB recharging packs meant for phones.
>>
>>59817751
Raspberry Pineed to be powered by a good quality 5V micro USB mains adaptor with a1.2A (1200mA) current (although 1000mA should suffice for most projects on the first generation Pis). However, thefour USB ports of the Raspberry Pi B+benefits from a supply of 2.5A (2500mA) if you plan to connect devices without a powered hub. Whichpower supply you need depends on the final application of your Pi. The GPIO pins have a total requirement of 50mA, the HDMI port 250mA and keyboards as little as 100mA (dependent on model, of course). TheRaspberryPicamera requires 250mA.
>>
>>59817751
I have an Anker Astro E7 26800mAh Battery. I haven't tested it completely, but I know it can run my pi at least 10 hours.
>>
>>59817751
a potato should do fine
i've seen it work reliably on digital clocks
you'll need to use power saving though
>>
>>59819018
source on raspberry pi using a constant 11W? maybe peak with peripherals, but no way it's always using 11W
>>
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2465?gclid=CKfDpp-hmdMCFQemaQodCUwDwg
>>
>>59817751
>>59817840
previous versions of the raspberry pi (also pi zero) use 5v but in the case of raspberry pi 3 12v is used due to the added CPU power and peripherals. should be a straightforward wiring job, positive battery terminal to pins 2/4 (Vin) and negative terminal to pins 6/9/14/20/25/30/34/39 (gnd)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.