[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Highschool robot live stream

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wiggs_robotics_28926.jpg (233KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wiggs_robotics_28926.jpg
233KB, 1920x1280px
Highschool robot live stream
https://livestream.com/WatchFIRSTNow/events/723552
>>
>>59814187
>tfw you will never building a robot with your friend

In my country, building a robot is like casting black magic, some guy once called me a computer genius for installing windows 7 on his laptop. WTF
>>
>>59814187
>highschool robot competition

You might as well it call it "robot hobbyist private school teacher competition."

The kids are just slave laborers. They don't learn shit.
>>
Are there any cute grils?
>>
>>59815310
>Are there any cute bois?
Yes, many.
>>
>>59815116
HOLY FUCK THIS
I joined a robotics team at my school because it gave me scholarship opportunities.
Half of the team were tards who organized screws and bolts all day, the other half was programmers who sat around and played diep.io. The adults built the robot mostly by themselves.
>>
>>59817447
Bullshit
>>
>>59817587

My buddy was the captain. He introduced me to it and I wanted to get involved as kind of a mentor because I was a savant tier programmer and none of them could cope with Java. I had never touched a extracurricular ever and I was about to apply for colleges.

I ended up having to just do it for them after in a 7 hour session before their little competition. The whole time some fat freshmen's substitute teacher mom was in the room and wanted to go home. The vibe was so cancerous.

Then I asked one of the guys who runs it for a letter of recommendation in text message and he said "no."

So I moved on to trying to hustle the Code Club, but that just turned out to be some Chad who gives out Ipads to minecraft playing normies and directs them to a Python website so he can get a dank scholarship
>>
>>59815116
Some of the teams are stupid serious about it too, one team you had to compete for a place on, then attend daily meetings. I was on one of the "just show up" teams, and had fun
>>
Lmao y'all must have played on some shit tier teams.

My team won three blue banners while I was a member.
>>
My father is the one the head judges.
>>
Who here /safetyaward/
>>
>>59817951

I hope you got bullied because you deserve it
>>
>>59815116
Then you were part of a shitty team. The team I mentor (and was also a student for) guides the students sure, but all the work is done by them.

Especially my CAD department. I train the kids up, but during the season I only help them when they have troubleshooting issues, or modeling/assembly question they've never done before.

I haven't designed a single piece for the robot since the 2011-2012 season. Not every team is like 2056, or 67.
>>
>>59817951
If it ain't Chairman's it ain't shit.
>>
Tfw one of my teammates kept complaining this year about the mentors and it ended up creating a huge divide in the team and we ended up losing the first state level competitions.
>>
File: 1488778457545.png (788KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1488778457545.png
788KB, 1280x738px
>join robotics team
>asshole joins and pushes me out
>mfw he now works for Indian Bowel Movement (IBM)
ha serves him right!
>>
>>59818016
Those shitty teams are the ones that win though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.