[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anti-viruses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: useless-bloatware.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
useless-bloatware.png
8KB, 400x400px
Is there any actual use for an antivirus program? So far every single one I've tried has been nothing but a nuisance and a resource hog.

I might as well install a random rootkit, I bet the operator would do a better job of keeping unwanted malware off of my pc than any of the big names like norton or avast.

Seriously, wtf is the point of these programs? I can understand if you're not computer literate, but these garbage programs are useless for anyone who knows not to install random shit or IE toolbars
>>
>>59812520
bump
>>
>>59812520
> not using Common Sense 2017
That's your problem, everything else is bloatware.
>>
>>59813327
But I am in full agreement with you.
>>
File: elon disapproves.jpg (44KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
elon disapproves.jpg
44KB, 586x586px
You're not still using windows are you?
>>
>>59813327
>Common Sense 2017
where can I get it?
>>
>>59813474
gentoo.org/downloads
>>
I use Dr. Mckasperton32.
>>
>Seriously, wtf is the point of doctors? I can understand if you interact with other people, but these garbage pillpushers are useless for anyone who knows not to go outside in the rain or eat foods that come from farms
>>
>>59813551

Chrome has built in sandboxing.

You can scan .exe files on Virustotal.com

Flash is now disabled by default on Chrome.

How stupid do you have to be to even get a virus? I'd like to know.
>>
I've been knowingly downloading warez with trojans for a long time. Some Free and Paid AVs are shit I can tell you for sure.

My best experience and currently using is with Panda AV, and trusted (triple boot) scan.

Except for slaveware bitcoin farms that you need to clean on your own Panda cleans everything, 0-days after some delay but gets done.
>>
>>59813551
>false equivalence

You may have failed with your analogy, but at least you tried.

1/10

congrats
>>
>>59813581
>le you need to install the latest version of flash to open this website, please download and run flash_not_virus.exe
>>
>>59813373
nah, i'm using an open source os that i don't personally audit and can be exploited by anyone with the time to look at the code.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.