[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to get out of the basement and start driving for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3574.jpg (78KB, 648x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3574.jpg
78KB, 648x396px
I'm going to get out of the basement and start driving for uber. Can anyone recommend a cheap, and small, 4g tablet for navigation?
>>
You would make more money in the long run working at McDonalds. Uber is less than minimum wage after all is said and done.
>>
>>59812425
Maybe, but I live in a major urban area and some friends of mine make 2k to 3k a month
>>
>>59812385
>/g/ - Consumer Technology
could have asked >>>/g/csg or whatever...
>>
>>59813983
meh, this is dumb... now factor in the cost of maintaining your car, cleaning it when some shithead barfs in it, the new tablet you pissed away money on for navigation and the data plan, etc...

go get a real job, uber and lyft are a meme
>>
>>59813983
They aren't really "making" money; they are extracting value from their car by spending time.

The value of the car will likely drop more than you will make by "working".

You should talk to /biz/
>>
is uber really that bad? what do they pay?
>>
>>59815255
On the surface it appears uber pays a little over minimum wage so it looks great for people that work wageslave jobs (which is exactly the type of people uber want working for them)

But after you factor in the cost of your vehicle and maintenance you're making peanuts. Most people might drive their car to and from work, say 10-15 miles every day. Now with uber you're driving at least 200 miles daily. That's a 2000% increase in the usage of your car which means it's going to break/die that much faster.
>>
>>59812385
A cheap GPS you can plug into your dash (Garmin Nuvi, etc.) runs around $80.
>>
>>59815349

They pay like $8 and don't factor in wear and tear on your car or gas?

that is insane
>>
Reminder that driving a car cost 50 cents per mile. This includes deprecation, gas, and initial cost. This is the government reimbursement rate.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.