[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine, if we were to have pressured for better software at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1491627549360.jpg (102KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491627549360.jpg
102KB, 1024x768px
Imagine, if we were to have pressured for better software at the start of the Bloat Revolution we'd have computers just as capable as we do now, but cost 1/10 to buy and be 1/50th the size.
>>
>>59809750
You're welcome to code a new OS and programs from the ground up in unportable optimized assembly language.
>>
>>59809750
The cost would remain the same.
GPUs would still be fuckhueg.
You have phones and tablets today, which are computers that have gone from thick to very thin in ~6 years.
An hero.
>>
>>59809750
You either have universally usable software written in Java/Javascript and the like (Android Philosophy, "Bloating", Software and Hardware from different providers) or Software specifically tailored to the Hardware (Apple Philosophy - that's why iPhones always have "muh lower nominal specs" than Androids).
Perhaps installing gentoo to your pc is nowadays the best way to optimize Softwate for your hardware, but idk I'm relatively new, too.
If we want to achieve longer usage of smartphone hardware, maybe developing a gentoo for smartphones is the way to go.
Unfortuantely, though, smartphones are all about user interfaces, especially touch interfaces, and that's not really a strength of the open source community
(and because of all the "muh web developers are stupid pajeets" - posts I can understand why frontenders don't like the OS nerds, either)
>>
>>59809750
>Amiga
>quality software
pick one
>>
>>59809879
Don't turn this into a "it's OK when Windows does it" episode.
>>
>>59809790
No one would buy it, or even consider it "real software" or a "real computer" because everyone, even /g/, has been misled into thinking that making the numbers bigger is what "advancement" is while every other industry is concentrating on improving efficiency.
>>
These threads are always fun because it reveals /g/ to be just as bad as the Pajeets and hipsters they despise so much.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.